Batman: Arkham Knight doesn't like AMD cards... or any PC at all

Techhog

I hope this doesn't turn into a fight, but I know that it will. WB Games has warned AMD users that Arkham Knight does not run well on AMD cards. How badly? Just take a look at the revised minimum requirements:

Minimum system requirements:

• OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum)  | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection required
  • Hard Drive: 45 GB available space

“We also want to note that there are some known issues with the performance of Batman: Arkham Knight for PC owners using AMD graphics cards.  We are working closely with AMD to rectify these issues as quickly as possible and will provide updates here as they become available.  We thank you for your patience in this matter.”

Yes, you read that right. A 7950 will perform like a 660 in this game. My opinion? Both AMD and Rocksteady are at fault. There is no way that things could get that bad if only one party is to blame. AMD users should cancel preorders immediately, as it looks like most of you would have a better experience on PS4 than on PC. Of course, PS4 uses AMD hardware. I'll leave it to you to think about what that means.

Source: https://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/gaming/2015/06/22/69607/batman-arkham-knight-pc-suffers-amd-card-issues-system-requirements-updated/

''A 7950 will perform like a 660 in this game''

''Batman: Arkham Knight doesn not like AMD cards''

Problem ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I hope these AMD performance issues wont turn into a trend. It is sad for people that bough expensive cards and they cant really enjoy them.

Ender flame here (please dont  :D ). 

|

V

wait til real benchmarks on final release show up

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Minimum requirements usually don't mean much......One game (I can't remember which) says either a 4790k or an FX8 -- which are nowhere near eachother in terms of performance. Although the comment from WB is interesting (albeit not super surprising) considering it's an Nvidia title. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

its a gameworks title what do u expect

i love it when i cant disable them :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

2/3GB for minimum memory requirements? I'm calling bullshit. So many devs seem to have ridiculous minimum specs, but they can be run on much, much less. 

I hope this doesn't turn into a fight, but I know that it will. WB Games has warned AMD users that Arkham Knight does not run well on AMD cards. How badly? Just take a look at the revised minimum requirements:

AMD users should cancel preorders immediately, as it looks like most of you would have a better experience on PS4 than on PC. 

You looking for a fight with a comment like that... especially since it's only in 1 game.. there are games that Nvidia perform like dogs in as well.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

''A 7950 will perform like a 660 in this game''

''Batman: Arkham Knight doesn not like AMD cards''

Problem ?

Not a 660 Ti; a 660. The 7950 these days should be going up against the 670/760.

If it runs on one makers card ok but not the others I fail to see how that's the devs fault. Clearly amd are shit when it comes to support/drivers here?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

*Looks at my 980Ti*  :rolleyes:

If I had an AMD card I wouldn't be too worried anyway, hopefully a month or 2 and some driver fixes and it'll run ok, lots of games to catch up on in the mean time, but if you did pre order to play it right away then this does kinda suck, hopefully this will be the last big game release for a while AMD will have issues with, otherwise it'll make peoples choice between 980ti and fury x a lot easier, I would rather have a close race!

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

If it runs on one makers card ok but not the others I fail to see how that's the devs fault. Clearly amd are shit when it comes to support/drivers here?

Well. The devs should optimize for the cards.. not the other way around.

"GameWorks"

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

not really. Batman games are the posterchild of Nvidia Gameworks. The games use almost every Gameworks effect. Even as a current AMD user I will never expect a batman game to run well on an AMD system.

So it isn't AMD's drivers

It's expected, all batman:arkham games have been partial to nvidia. There are contracts and crosswork. Although arkham origins performs all right on my r9 290, even at 4k.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Witcher 3 recommended an r9 290 on the amd side while it reccomended a gtx 770 on nvidia's. Yet Amd cards run the game as fast their counterparts. Everyone should take minimum requirements with a grain of salt.

But who does :D

jk

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

It also has 3.5 gigabyte patch on launch. After several delays.

What the hell is going on with this game?

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

It's expected, all batman:arkham games have been partial to nvidia. There are contracts and crosswork. Although arkham origins performs all right on my r9 290, even at 4k.

Isn't origins the only one to not be from rocksteady? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well. The devs should optimize for the cards.. not the other way around.

so devs should optimise for 30+ cards sorry but no nvidia and amd know there product better than. Devs so the know hoe to get the best performance out of the cards so the should optimise for the game

not really. Batman games are the posterchild of Nvidia Gameworks. The games use almost every Gameworks effect. Even as a current AMD user I will never expect a batman game to run well on an AMD system.

So it isn't AMD's drivers

If this was the only game with amd issues I would agree but it's not

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017