Pet peeves when it comes to people building PCs

ANewFace

Building a pc with open bottled liquids laying around. My younger brother's logic was, why would it affect it- it's not even plugged in yet. Yeah he's a derptard.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

People who Buy parts purely for look, despite the lack of performance...

Absolutely! Especially when you're building your 1st rig on a budget like I did.

In that situation, you should forget about looks and focus on squeezing out as much performance as you can!

WTF? Is your school's ISP Comcast?

Wow that sucks. Good thing your school uses the state university network. Insane speeds, and no restrictions whatsoever. And very low ping.

3974483933.png

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wow that sucks. Good thing your school uses the state university network. Insane speeds, and no restrictions whatsoever. And very low ping.

3974483933.png

That's what I get at college now-its epic seeing the Wireless G card in our laptop getting maxed out.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

When people bash on AMD like they are completely useless for anything. They are good for some things. They are cheaper. The motherboards are the same damn price no matter what anyone says because you can find motherboards on the cheap for both Intel and AMD as well as finding boards that are expensive. Why would I pay an extra 200-300 for a 4770k when I can get almost the same performance out of an AMD 8320 (OCd) for 200 in the first place.

They are good for some things. They are cheaper. The motherboards are the same damn price no matter what anyone says because you can find motherboards on the cheap for both Intel and AMD as well as finding boards that are expensive. Why would I pay an extra 200-300 for a 4770k when I can get almost the same performance out of an AMD 8320 (OCd) for 200 in the first place.

Oh boy... Not sure if you're just trying to get a reaction or if you're legitimately serious. I'll just leave this here and hope this thread doesn't explode.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/page-5#entry3621417

I didn't say for gaming did I.. I said they are good for some things, I would personally choose an AMD for running any sort of continuous work load over an Intel.

I didn't say for gaming did I.. I said they are good for some things, I would personally choose an AMD for running any sort of continuous work load over an Intel.

I'm not going to argue, maybe if you read past the first few words you'd know that it covers more than just gaming. 

man your a box of assumptions aren't you. You know some people can read past a highschool level xD.. oh and your little article is very contradicting..

"Why people thing there getting a deal on an FX for gaming but they really aren't".. Then goes on to say " FX CPU'S are fine for most games" then lists an i5 vs an 8320.. There's a core difference. The AMD still has 4 more physical cores than the i5's threaded ones. That article made me lol

man your a box of assumptions aren't you. You know some people can read past a highschool level xD.. oh and your little article is very contradicting..

"Why people thing there getting a deal on an FX for gaming but they really aren't".. Then goes on to say " FX CPU'S are fine for most games" then lists an i5 vs an 8320.. There's a core difference. The AMD still has 4 more physical cores than the i5's threaded ones. That article made me lol

Ahhh, you're a "more cores so it's better" guy eh? Let me direct you to a specific part, "Productivity and Content Creation, An area of the FXs Strength". Completely disproves any argument you tried to make. 

I'll just leave it there... If you want to reply using quotes you've nitpicked and taken out of context then go ahead, just know that I probably wont bother replying, the facts are there and they speak for themselves.

Ahhh, you're a "more cores so it's better" guy eh? Let me direct you to a specific part, "Productivity and Content Creation, An area of the FXs Strength". Completely disproves any argument you tried to make.

I'll just leave it there... If you want to reply using quotes you've nitpicked and taken out of context then go ahead, just know that I probably wont bother replying, the facts are there and they speak for themselves.

Again with the assumptions.. I'm not a "more cores the better kind of guy" I'm a "what ever gives me solid ALL AROUND PERFORMANCE for the LEAST COST" kind of guy.. So sorry AMD wins in that respect. Keep being a fanboy lol I'll use what ever works better for everything xD

Again with the assumptions.. I'm not a "more cores the better kind of guy" I'm a "what ever gives me solid ALL AROUND PERFORMANCE for the LEAST COST" kind of guy.. So sorry AMD wins in that respect. Keep being a fanboy lol I'll use what ever works better for everything xD

ALL AROUND PERFORMANCE for the LEAST COST ceased to exist with the Phenom II line. AMD hasn't won with it for years, and they won't until Zen (which is their last hope-rebadging GPU did nothing for AMD at all).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I want a 300$ pc .. but I want it to look good.

I took a 4790k cus it can be oc'd. but im not going to. because im scared of oc

Well... There is another reason why someone might get the K version over the non K in the 4790.

4790K has a higher clock speed at stock than the non K version. 3.6GHz vs 4.0GHz and a turbo of 4.4GHz on the K version. Hence my decision on why I bought my 4790K.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Well... There is another reason why someone might get the K version over the non K in the 4790.

4790K has a higher clock speed at stock than the non K version. 3.6GHz vs 4.0GHz and a turbo of 4.4GHz on the K version. Hence my decision on why I bought my 4790K.

but... your at 4.7 ... just look at your signature ! YOU OC'D !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

but... your at 4.7 ... just look at your signature ! YOU OC'D !

That needs to be updated, I reverted back to stock speeds.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

When I bui

We all have them, those things that drive you crazy when other people do them. I have two things that people who are building PCs do, that drive me insane. 

1. People who build a $500-$600 PC and spend $100+ on a case. At that price range you should try to squeeze every bit of performance you can out of your PC, if you spend that much of your budget on a case that is just stupid. You loose so much performance for the outside of you PC to look good. I wouldn't recommend spending that much on case unless you are spending $1000+.

2. People who have VERY strict budgets. The people who say, for example, give me a $800 build and you give them something that costs $820, and they say, "That's to expensive I can't go over $800." That's ridicules you can spend $20 more to get something better. And don't say you don't have the money for it, you can get $20. The same thing goes for components, people will say, "I need a GPU that costs $330." You give them a 970 for $350, and they say they can't go that high, yes you can.  

Those are my two biggest pet peeves. What are some of your guys? 

Edit: Just thought of another one. People who don't put their GPU in the top slot.

Edit 2: Guys who get a locked CPU and, (A) (this one is the least bad) Put them in a Z series board, ( B ) put expensive cooling on them like H100is and NH-D15s, ( C ) Put them in a really expensive motherboard. I saw this guy the other day who had a i5 4590 on a sabertooth Z97 with a Dark Rock 3.

When I build a PC, I find the ABSOLUTE amount I can spend on a build, and then I build what I can with that budget. I already accounted for an extra $20 for a better GPU. I cannot go any higher then the allowed budget no matter what. $20 is alot and takes me awhile to get especially during school because I do not have a job. So, there. Don't get mad because we have already scrounged up every penny we can.(literally. I look in the couch some times for that 1 penny to buy something)

Hm... biggest pet peeve would be fanboyism. 

second.... unmatched builds. I understand its difficult to go full matching with a budget, especially if you aren't even going see the components. But come on? can you try. having blues, reds, whites, greens, orange, yellow, all in the same build I go insane!

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

When I bui

When I build a PC, I find the ABSOLUTE amount I can spend on a build, and then I build what I can with that budget. I already accounted for an extra $20 for a better GPU. I cannot go any higher then the allowed budget no matter what. $20 is alot and takes me awhile to get especially during school because I do not have a job. So, there. Don't get mad because we have already scrounged up every penny we can.(literally. I look in the couch some times for that 1 penny to buy something)

Hm... biggest pet peeve would be fanboyism.

second.... unmatched builds. I understand its difficult to go full matching with a budget, especially if you aren't even going see the components. But come on? can you try. having blues, reds, whites, greens, orange, yellow, all in the same build I go insane!

My next build is black and white themed. I was going to buy the msi krait edition atx board, but I'm not sure if I should because I've seen a lot of reviews of people getting doa boards. Then I thought about buying the sabertooth mark s, all white with a white pcb. I'd spend an extra $130 over the msi to still have a matching build lol. I'm crazy about having matching components.

When people bash on AMD like they are completely useless for anything. They are good for some things. They are cheaper. The motherboards are the same damn price no matter what anyone says because you can find motherboards on the cheap for both Intel and AMD as well as finding boards that are expensive. Why would I pay an extra 200-300 for a 4770k when I can get almost the same performance out of an AMD 8320 (OCd) for 200 in the first place.

LOL first of all why a 4770K? That is an old CPU. Second of all, an i3 4160 will smash a FX 9590. AMD CPUs are crap they are old they came out in 2012. Not a fanboy, that's a fact that they are terrible.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Guys who get a locked CPU and, (A) (this one is the least bad) Put them in a Z series board, ( B ) put expensive cooling on them like H100is and NH-D15s, ( C ) Put them in a really expensive motherboard. I saw this guy the other day who had a i5 4590 on a sabertooth Z97 with a Dark Rock 3.

i5 2500 Non K

Z77 extreme4

Double 120mm radiator in custom loop

what now?

people that think that a 300€ (EURO!) PC is going to be balls in gaming.... cuz it's from ASUS! I'm not hating, I LOVE ASUS! though, common, what matters are specs, not brands, geez!

And people that say that Mac's are better, IN. EVERY. WAY. they're like "if your PC isn't from apple then it SUCKS" HOW?!?!?!

"Oh my PC, is SOOOO better cuz it's from apple"

"Bitch Please, I have a dual E5 2699 system with 4 Quadro's"

"It's not from apple, so, it's shit!"

Please...

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

When people think that RAM is a HUGE components, like that's the first question they ask. 

ME: "I'm selling a computer on eBay"

THEM: "How many gig's of RAM"

ME: "8GB"

THEM: "Well I would buy it if it had 16GB"

ME: "But the RAM is DDR4 at 3200Mhz"

THEM: "Oh"

they don't know what that means

It's my peeve when people only spend a couple thousand dollars on a PC, and don't upgrade for years!

It's my peeve when people only spend a couple thousand dollars on a PC, and don't upgrade for years!

That's my plan.. 1k for a decent all around tower the rest on peripherals like monitors and such, should last for about 3 years before I want to upgrade again..

people that think that a 300€ (EURO!) PC is going to be balls in gaming.... cuz it's from ASUS! I'm not hating, I LOVE ASUS! though, common, what matters are specs, not brands, geez!

And people that say that Mac's are better, IN. EVERY. WAY. they're like "if your PC isn't from apple then it SUCKS" HOW?!?!?!

300€ is like $600cad man lol you could build an ALRIGHT tower for that but not have a monitor or anything lol.

Apple fiends are like that though, its the same with iPhone users vs Samsung users and kind of the same concept as console vs PC, there is winning arguments on both sides.