Pet peeves when it comes to people building PCs

ANewFace

Bout sums consoles up.. HF9FmkL.jpg

mlg360noscopeX_x m8 i r8 8/8

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

people who get locked CPU's on a locked board, people who put Bronze rated PSU's on a 1300+ build; people who use AMD on a 1,200+ build

I assume you meant to say an unlocked CPU with a locked board or vice verse?

Forgive me if you already addressed this point...

I totally disagree, that is complete BS if you can't spend $20-$30 more to get something better, there does come a point were you can go to far, but if you have such financial problems that you can't go over your budget by $20-$30, then you shouldn't be getting a PC.

The question is where that stops? A persons budget is $500, but a $520 build is a much better buy. Now someone chimes in that the $550 puts those to shame, and so on. Meanwhile the poster looking for help has budgeted the $500 for their own personal reasons, for all you know their budget is $450, but they have decided to extend it out to $500 to just get that something little better like you suggested but now your telling them to go a little further.

Sure they might be able to pay more, but what gives you the right to dictate what they can or can't afford? At what point does this "if you can just work a little more or save a little more" stop?

u even left the f****** cap on the SLI port.

For the couple weeks the 590 is going to be in there would you really think I'd go ahead and get another for quad SLI? Actually, it it scaled well enough I'd do it, that would be baller.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

1. Fanboys

2. Seeing 10 year olds in the local IT store wanting a 4790k and a Titan X (the best of everything) ( I see this a lot)

5. People asking me to upgrade there old dell office pc to a super awesome gaming pc with < $100 budget

6. Gamers

10. Crappy looking computers (picking the first/cheapest part that they come along)

12. Over specked/ overkill computers

15. People asking if a certain part is good for gaming (xeons in particular)

17. Office orientated prebuilts for gaming

1. Definitely. It's really about matching what your needs are with the available options at price points.

2. Well they can want the best, the problem is when their parents buy it for them.

5. Yep.

6. Gamers are bad... Because...

10. Sorta disagree. I'd rather get a cheaper case if it means I can afford a better GPU or CPU. But I won't take anything straight up ugly.

12. Not a pet peeve of mine, it does seem like a waste, but I look at it as a good thing of separating people from their money.

15. They don't know, so asking is apparently bad?

17. Yes

Bout sums consoles up.. HF9FmkL.jpg

But not the original Xbox, at least it could play games better than more expensive PC when it was released (however they really started showing their age in later games-if only Mechassault 2 Lone wolf had been released on the 360 or PC, then you wouldn't have massive FPS dips during intensive scenes, better physics and better textures alround instead of just the mechs looking highly detailed).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

But not the original Xbox, at least it could play games better than more expensive PC when it was released (however they really started showing their age in later games-if only Mechassault 2 Lone wolf had been released on the 360 or PC, then you wouldn't have massive FPS dips during intensive scenes, better physics and better textures alround instead of just the mechs looking highly detailed).

PlayStation. Best CD based console after sega CD [emoji14]

PlayStation. Best CD based console after sega CD [emoji14]

My first and only console (until it dies) is the original Xbox-never used a PS1 before.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

PS 1 and 2 were great for there time, but went down hill when the started making the PS 3, Xbox was fantastic for its time but as you stated got outdated, the original 360 was great if you replaced the thermal paste before ever even running it (they were also so fun to mod)

My gpu is in the second slot. *Grabs popcorn and waits*

I have a friend that has to do that since his latch on the top one fell off when he gently moved it back. Like lolwut, I watched it and was just like, "How dafuq does that happen??"

Not really ontopic, but near it. :P When tech illiterate people start assuming the names of stuff in a computer you're building. When I was putting the FX 8120 into my secondary rig, and was installing the evo 212, my brother pointed at it and asked, "Is that the power supply?"

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I have a friend that has to do that since his latch on the top one fell off when he gently moved it back. Like lolwut, I watched it and was just like, "How dafuq does that happen??"

Not really ontopic, but near it. :P When tech illiterate people start assuming the names of stuff in a computer you're building. When I was putting the FX 8120 in and was installing the evo 212, my brother pointed at it and asked, "Is that the power supply?"

I've got one question for you.... WHA... nah just kidding. Seriously why the heck were you installing a FX 8120??? That thing is trash

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I've got one question for you.... WHA... nah just kidding. Seriously why the heck were you installing a FX 8120??? That thing is trash

Well I mean for putting it in a secondary rig and upgrading the computer from a little Athlon ii x4 630, plus I got the chip for $55 USD...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Well I mean for putting it in a secondary rig and upgrading the computer from a little Athlon ii x4 630, plus I got the chip for $55 USD...

Real quick were did you get that CPU from? I know someone that sold a 8120 for $55

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Real quick were did you get that CPU from? I know someone that sold a 8120 for $55

I got it from someone in Canada, which is why the chip was so cheap.

Spoiler

Spoiler

people asking if their rig support Titan X while using unkown/untested/cheap/crappy PSU

Damn son.. $55 is cheap

I wouldnt pay $20 for a 8120

people asking if their rig support Titan X while using unkown/untested/cheap/crappy PSU

AKA 99% of people who ask if their builds are ok on the forums

AKA 99% of people who ask if their builds are ok on the forums

i wont say 99%, just sometime...

When I bui

When I build a PC, I find the ABSOLUTE amount I can spend on a build, and then I build what I can with that budget. I already accounted for an extra $20 for a better GPU. I cannot go any higher then the allowed budget no matter what. $20 is alot and takes me awhile to get especially during school because I do not have a job. So, there. Don't get mad because we have already scrounged up every penny we can.(literally. I look in the couch some times for that 1 penny to buy something)

Hm... biggest pet peeve would be fanboyism.

second.... unmatched builds. I understand its difficult to go full matching with a budget, especially if you aren't even going see the components. But come on? can you try. having blues, reds, whites, greens, orange, yellow, all in the same build I go insane!

That's my plan.. 1k for a decent all around tower the rest on peripherals like monitors and such, should last for about 3 years before I want to upgrade again..

thats what i did. i started with an i5 2400 and put an i7 3770 back end of last year.

it wasnt really enough of an upgrade to change board etc for me.

samsung 840 pro

i7 3770

hd 7950 windforce edition

16gb ddr3

(i have a bad habbit of leaving loads of things open and i use a lot of ram etc, ff alone takes 2gb usually)

Yea, but import taxes in portugal are (actually whole Europe) very high...

parts that are $300 and come from usa to the uk usually sell for £350+

People who spend 1000$+ and just use it for internet browsing and minecraft.

CPU - Intel core i7 4790K @ 4.00Ghz | GPU - MSI GTX970 G4 4GB | RAM - Corsair 16GB LP @ 1600Mhz | MOBO - MSI Gaming 5 Z97

HHDs - WD blue 1TB, Toshiba 500GB, Samsung 240GB(ssd) | Case - NZXT H440 | Cooler - NZXT kraken x61(soon) | PSU - Corsair RM 850W

Monitors - 2x BenQ RL2455HM | Headset - Steel Series Siberia Elite prism | MouseSteel Series Rivals | Keyboard - Steel Series Apex M800

If they wan't to then power to them

By looking at your rig/youtube... that is what you have and do

If they wan't to then power to them

^