what's your worst shipping disaster story?

Syntaxvgm

When I got my 750D case, the shipping was fine...until it got in my house and my dad dropped the box on the floor. I remember it shaking the floor. I guess you can say the last stretch of the shipping was a failure. :P

I don't mind the one broken leg though...gives it spunk. xD

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I asked for a replacement panel for the basement on my 900D they sent it through UPS....I have never seen a more mangled piece of metal.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

The Cooler Master Cosmos I used to use shipped with the hinge on the door shattered and a bunch of the fins covering the top exhaust snapped off.

A few years ago, I sold 2 HTC One (M7) to a guy in Canada. I took it to the post office and went to a clerk to pay the shipping. After I paid it, the clerk didn't scan it as accepted. He instead put it to the side to attend other customers. Long story short, package finally showed up almost 2 weeks later in Florida, and was finally delivered.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

I ordered a monitor and it was being delivered by UPS. Upon arrival, the UPS guy decided it would be a good idea to drop it on the door step before getting me to sign his electric doohicky. Let's just say, the drop broke the monitor. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

• 4 months later...

Just want to point out I'm ordering my first computer parts for the first time and this forum is making me really paranoid while I read this at work....

"Look at me I'm a Target"- The Eleventh

Just want to point out I'm ordering my first computer parts for the first time and this forum is making me really paranoid while I read this at work....

you should sadly nowadays  ,the carriers dont give two shits about what they deliver if they break it they refuse to do nothing for months .

lost two 2k laptops due to them just frisbing them into a snow bank then they rested there for 2 months both completely dead , or my 600$ watercooling gear that was another nightmare been 6 months on that one was just told due to the box  that it was shipped in they wont cover it even thou it was correctly packed from the store i got it from . get insurance on anything sadly , but even with it they mostly just do we dont cover shit or its not packed correctly shit . and have a camera pointed to where your packages get put in my case i had it on both of them  but they just didnt care at the usps and fedex office localy. it can help a little at least will get the guy who did it fired

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

The UPS people in my area are incredibly delicate when delivering to my area.

Because I have sued them over a $2000 system being damaged in shipping, when I had literally 4 "Fragile" stickers on it.

you should sadly nowadays  ,the carriers dont give two shits about what they deliver if they break it they refuse to do nothing for months .

lost two 2k laptops due to them just frisbing them into a snow bank then they rested there for 2 months both completely dead , or my 600$ watercooling gear that was another nightmare been 6 months on that one was just told due to the box  that it was shipped in they wont cover it even thou it was correctly packed from the store i got it from . get insurance on anything sadly , but even with it they mostly just do we dont cover shit or its not packed correctly shit . and have a camera pointed to where your packages get put in my case i had it on both of them  but they just didnt care at the usps and fedex office localy. it can help a little at least will get the guy who did it fired

The UPS people in my area are incredibly delicate when delivering to my area.

Because I have sued them over a $2000 system being damaged in shipping, when I had literally 4 "Fragile" stickers on it.

In the UK, from the buyer's perspective packages damaged in transit are legally the responsibility of the seller. The seller then has to take it up with the courier. From the sound of it in the US it's the buyer's problem.

Am I right? Because that just seems stupid.

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

its neither in the usa where i am they both say not my problem even with insurance on it , or they blame each other the seller and the shipper . but its mainly just the workers dont give two shits if they break thousands of dollars of delivery's . they dont get fired or even yelled at , which is sad

In the UK, from the buyer's perspective packages damaged in transit are legally the responsibility of the seller. The seller then has to take it up with the courier. From the sound of it in the US it's the buyer's problem.

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

No problems with electronic parts shipments, but ...

Had a replacement part for a broken cover on a motorcycle that I hadn't owned for 6 months shipped from the west coast. I watched the shipment on the UPS tracking application through it's many day trip across the country to Connecticut. (I also verified my correct address and phone number on the package.

One early morning at I saw that it was out for delivery. Got home that evening, nothing, not even a 'couldn't find you please arrange for pick-up' message at the door. Neighbors didn't even see a UPS truck. Checked the UPS site, there was a note that the address could not be found, and saw the package was in transit to ... my Aunt's in Chicago. (We don't even share the same last name) I had a talk with UPS for that.

Two days later it was delivered to her, I had warned her, and she sent it to me USPS.

My worst experience is with a Kickstarter I funded for a physical product.

It got funded in no time, production was on schedule and it was send out to me... But it never arrived.

So I contacted the guy making and selling this item and he posts me another one, which again never arrives... Now were over a year further and 3 times (free of charge) the product was send and never arrived.

And the thing is that I ordered tons of stuff from the UK to the Netherlands and never had a problem yet this just does not seem to want to happen.

Also I have been offered my money back after the 2nd order not arriving 6 months ago but since I still want the product I chose not too. :P

FedeX delivered my package to a similar address but wrong street. Luckily the person who got it just drove across town and gave it to me. The box had the correct address, FedeX is just retarded at times.... or all the time..... heh

I ordered an Evga 980 ti with Backplate from Amazon a month or so ago and its "disappeared" while in transit and the replacement they sent was the wrong version (albiet more expensive)

Amazon Customer Services indicated that they thought that the courier nicked it !

That 4 month necro tho...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I think you are correct, on TTL Forum a chap in America had a load of expensive EK water cooling kit go walkies from a fed-ex transit warehouse and the seller and Fedex told the buyer tough luck should have bought insurance

Does not help security when a tech company puts its logo all over the shipping box

Not sure if this qualifies but... about a couple month ago when I was still in Taiwan I had to RMA an Asus 290X DC2 due to a dead fan. Got it back in a fairly small cardboard box with 1 cm layer of foam. The IO shield was bent in =/  (Sent it back and received it still bent lol. Then personally went to an Asus service center, pointed at the IO shield and got it sent in again. Finally had it fixed)

Here's another one that I'm also unsure if this qualifies. I'm in Spain now and recently ordered off Amazon Prime a full build. I had several different deliverers. One of them was SEUR which was delivering two of my packages, somehow one of them didn't have my address (Asus VE247) O_o. Worst part was they only had Spanish speaker on their telephone service... Still managed to successfully tell them my address and rearrange another delivery thankfully. The odd thing is the other package (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut) delivered successfully without issue. So no idea how the other one didn't get my address information.

The odd thing is the other package (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut) delivered successfully without issue. So no idea how the other one didn't get my address information.

Not all packages ordered through Amazon are shipped from an Amazon warehouse.  In a lot of cases, Amazon.com is just a storefront for other businesses.  So it's not unusual to place an order on Amazon.com,. and have an item be shipped directly from the vendor.  That's probably what happened here.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

ordered a mouse from newegg, didnt realize it was from a Chinese based seller on there site... took almost 3 months to get here... i was pissed - it said that shipping was only suppose to take up to 2 weeks...

then when i finally did receive it, it was the wrong mouse, fml - i wanted to kill someone...

^ will never order from newegg again because of this ^ and there customer service is garbage... didnt do one thing to help me out...

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

Maybe I've been lucky, I haven't gotten any bad shipping experiences that cost me other than longer waiting period. Most of them are insured anyway. And also, 

2767250.jpg

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Oh you know... When my GTX 480 came to me in a goddamn shipping envelope... Yes, a shipping envelope. The I/O shield bent around covering the minihdmi port and the spots for screws are really bent up still, if I bend them anymore to try to straighten it out, they will snap off. Also all the damage on the shroud because he used a FUNCTIONING gpu as a coaster. Oh yeah, most of the screws on it came stripped to the point there is no way in hell I will ever be able to take off the big heat spreader going across the entire PCB. Yay.....

eA3gotz.jpg?1

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Not really a disaster but DHL tried to charge me $30 CAD in duties and taxes on a $40 item. Said item was a 1:400 model of the Cathay Pacific A330-300 (100th Aircraft Special Livery). 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I have no shipping horror stories for technology related stuff, at least not anything huge, but I have had some other items arrive at my house opened, bent, torn, water damaged and warped. Some of it really private stuff, too.

It is something to be grateful about, at least. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Here's one... And I'm sure some of you do this too.

Have you ever ordered an item; and on the day it's supposed to arrive, you are constantly on the shipping service tracking website (UPS, FedEx, USPS), hitting refresh every 10 minutes, waiting for that package to arrive?

Those days are killer for me. It feels like that delivery guy will never show up.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs