AMD Radeon Fury X Graphics Card Pictured, Uses 2 x 8-pin Power

CtW

Length > Thickness for cooling according to tests by DazMode. That said, diminishing returns either way. I'd love a 40 FPI 15-20mm thick radiator to go with that AP45 GT, but alas, we gave up on dense radiators for w/e stupid reason.

Also materials matter. Most  cheap AIO coolers will use aluminum for the fins or even the core and make up for it by making it thicker

ok what is wrong with it? and the guy i replied to seems to suggest that any design if its made by amd is ugly

I don't think that's quite what he meant. I think the lighting and watermark have something to do with our current perception, but the logo seems faded/dim, the front plate looks to me like a peg board, and the I/O shield looks cheap, and I didn't think that was possible to do. Braided tube sleeving I can take or leave, but particularly the front plate looks like a brownish black plastic peg board, and the Radeon logos look poorly done. Those are my top gripes.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Also materials matter. Most cheap AIO coolers will use aluminum for the fins or even the core and make up for it by making it thicker

You don't often see full-copper with fins and core, because the difference is in the 5% range for cooling capacity, and the copper is much heavier and more susceptible to warping.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Guys...you will most likely not see that part of the card 95% of the time.

We haven't seen the backplate. That, and the side matters when it comes to looks.

Side looks ok, with that chrome accent and the LED backlighted RADEON logo.

If the backplate is ok...i think it's a little nice looking card.

The rad on the other hand seems mindblowing and not in the good sense.

I think Jay debunked the fact that the length of the rad improves cooling, not the thickness, so I'm eager to know how that cooler holds up.

Since it's in manufacturing stage i think it does well, but man, I haven't seen such thick rads. I bet its installation might give some users problem.

Even my H80i's rad seems slim in comparison, and it has 30mm.

Here's the back of the card:

AMD-Radeon-Fury-X-backplate-290x200.jpg

As for the rad, it's probably only 30mm think. The bubble trap at the end, is the full depth of the radiator + fan. Fans are usually 25 mm.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Positives: Would fit nicely in very small cases. Watercooled out of the box so you get excellent noise levels and temperatures.

Negatives: Very ugly imo. Probably still not very power-efficient.

Less than 10% higher TDP vs Hawaii but with 40-50%+ higher performance. It's a lot more power efficient. ;)

That radiator worries me quite a bit, with that massive part hanging over the fan. It would mean that you can't mount this thing as intake.

Yes, you can still mount it as intake. Just mount the fan on the other side. But, as someone who uses an AIO cooled 290, I would not want to use this as an intake, nor would I recommend doing so. The rad pumps out a ton of heat under load which would be dumping inside your case. Not ideal. ;)

Only thing I don't like is that one end tank on the rad that overhangs the fan. Kinda odd, wonder why they did that. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Give us aftermarket 4x 8-pin dual rad 2GHz GPU :3

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

That Gentle Typhoon AP 29 is rated for 3K RPM

Serious business. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

so if nvidia made the same exact design it would be cool ok guys 

Yes, that seems to be what some people here think.