[updated] R9 390(X) in stock at BestBuy

zMeul

Well....rebadges because people in general are stupid and unlike the tech savvy people they are clueless on what to buy or not. The Joe Shmo walking into the Best Buy might not have any idea the 390X is a Hawaii GPU unless the guy tells him.  Who knows?

All I know is that Pitcairn is still moving on after all these years with 4 Gb Ram....roflstomp.

Giving the 7850 4 Gb of ram is like giving the GTX 770 8 Gb Vram.  Absolutely pointless.

Like I've said before, using DSR the memory isn't the issue....it's not even being used before the GPU starts to crumble. 4K is impossible in Bioshock Infinite but 2K is playable but in the end I go back to 1080p because it's a rock solid 60p on that which is just more fun to play than even 30-40 fps on 2K.  4K is like a slideshow and the memory isn't even filled.

Well....rebadges because people in general are stupid and unlike the tech savvy people they are clueless on what to buy or not. The Joe Shmo walking into the Best Buy might not have any idea the 390X is a Hawaii GPU unless the guy tells him.  Who knows?

All I know is that Pitcairn is still moving on after all these years with 4 Gb Ram....roflstomp.

Giving the 7850 4 Gb of ram is like giving the GTX 770 8 Gb Vram.  Absolutely pointless.

Like I've said before, using DSR the memory isn't the issue....it's not even being used before the GPU starts to crumble. 4K is impossible in Bioshock Infinite but 2K is playable but in the end I go back to 1080p because it's a rock solid 60p on that which is just more fun to play than even 30-40 fps on 2K.  4K is like a slideshow and the memory isn't even filled.

Err what?

You realize that 2K IS 1080p, right? Or close enough as to make no difference. Are you thinking of 1440p or 1600p? Neither of which are "2K"? (Both could be considered 2.5K)

2K (according to the DCI spec), officially, is 2048 x 1080. Basically no computer monitor has that resolution, and certainly no gaming monitor, so in the "Gaming" space, the definition of 2K becomes 1080p, because it is the closest - almost identical - spec.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Err what?

You realize that 2K IS 1080p, right? Or close enough as to make no difference. Are you thinking of 1440p or 1600p? Neither of which are "2K"? (Both could be considered 2.5K)

2K (according to the DCI spec), officially, is 2048 x 1080. Basically no computer monitor has that resolution, and certainly no gaming monitor, so in the "Gaming" space, the definition of 2K becomes 1080p, because it is the closest - almost identical - spec.

2k in practice is 1440p (even newegg.com lists 1440p as 2k)

1440p is 2.5K if we're gonna be honest. Wiki

Well, newegg is wrong.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Well, newegg is wrong.

well then 4k is 4.1k (real 4k, not 16:9 UHD)......

well then 4k is 4.1k (real 4k, not 16:9 UHD)......

No, it's 4k because it's res is 4096 x 2160. The only one that confuses me is 8k which is 7680×4320 (I suppose they took it as a standard, I assume they couldn't fit 8192 pixels horizontally). My bad there, 8k fulldome is 8192x4320.

Remember, 1k = 1024, not 1000

Yeah... NewEgg is wrong. Straight up. 1440p, in practice, is 1440p, or QHD, or 2.5k. NewEgg posting incorrect specifications does not change that.

2k, if used in a PC Gaming Resolution Context, would refer to 1080p, since 2k =  ~2000 (More specifically, it refers to resolutions at or almost at 2048, horizontally).

Well, newegg is wrong.

Yep.

No, it's 4k because it's res is 4096 x 2160. The only one that confuses me is 8k which is 7680×4320 (I suppose they took it as a standard, I assume they couldn't fit 8192 pixels horizontally). My bad there, 8k fulldome is 8192x4320.

Remember, 1k = 1024, not 1000

In practice, yes, it's usually meant a multiple of 1024 - Hence why 4K = 4096. 1024 x 4 = 4096.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

$370 for the R9 390? Nice.

Wonder how close performance is to the 390x

Nice.... are you joking? LOL   The 290X is under $350 and that's faster than the 390.

And about the 2k topic, yes I was referring to 1440p. But as of late I see people calling it straight up 2K for whatever reason.

I have seen it referred to as 1440P though. And yes the GTX can handle that.  But....not anything over in Bioshock or troubles.

How is that nice?a gtx 970 is 340 or less lol

People are commenting on the price (or alleged price) yet we don't have any benchmarks.  Well done guys, way to fall for marketing hype.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

People are commenting on the price (or alleged price) yet we don't have any benchmarks.  Well done guys, way to fall for marketing hype.

Welcome to 2015, where the word "leak" is now a PR marketing term.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Welcome to 2015, where the word "leak" is now a PR marketing term.

leaking information has been a marketing strategy for many years now (maybe even decades). 

The sad thing is people swear they aren't being marketed to with the "leak" marketing strategy, yet half the news forum has been nothing but rumours and leaks and people voicing their excitement for the 3XX for the last how many months?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

leaking information has been a marketing strategy for many years now (maybe even decades). 

The sad thing is people swear they aren't being marketed to with the "leak" marketing strategy, yet half the news forum has been nothing but rumours and leaks and people voicing their excitement for the 3XX for the last how many months?

but then again if you take a look most of the leaks had no basis, they were just made up

but then again if you take a look most of the leaks had no basis, they were just made up

They don't need to have any basis, they don't even need to be right by accident. Talk is talk and any talk publicity.  

Yeah, Batman Arkham Knight is a far superior game.

if you like a boring white rich hero. When they make a "Joker" game i'll say it's a good game

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Not to bash the devs of dirt rally but it's nothing compared to nvidias promotion of batman with their gpus

Amd is rumored to be getting star wars battlefront 3

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Yes of course the 290X is faster than the 390 non X....that hard to believe?

.."used on hottest games and consloes"... 

Well they got it right.

Damn so a bunch of XFX cards got out early maybe XFX fucked up? Oh what am I saying, its always AMD's fault. Only AMD is to blame here, fuck AMD right?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Not to bash the devs of dirt rally but it's nothing compared to nvidias promotion of batman with their gpus

Great game so far, but I don't agree with throwing an early access game into a graphics card bundle.

That seems to be asking for trouble.