AMD Radeon Fury X 3DMark performance

BonSie

The bigger question is, how don't you know that?

But less than the 980 Ti...

Barely, and it wouldn't make a difference at that point! The 780TI now loses to the 290X which has fewer SPs AND less bandwidth. Internal bandwidth is not a bottleneck right now.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

All i can say is pray these are fake or else amd will be in trouble for real this time.

All i can say is pray these are fake or else amd will be in trouble for real this time.

I remember when people initially saw the CUDA core count for GM 204 and though Nvidia was going to provide pathetic performance, even worse than the 780TI. When the same people saw a 4096-core flagship for AMD, they thought Nvidia would be buried. Well, my how circumstances change. 33% more SPs, near double the bandwidth, and it doesn't even win in 1080p and 1440p? How's that for bruised pride?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

How do you figure? Historically Nvidia has always held a slight advantage in synthetic benchmarks (per an example a 970 get a decently higher score than a 290x but in real world performance the 290x will run along it neck and neck) There's also drivers to consider. The 9xx series cards have had multiple stable public driver releases and at best the amd card is running on an internal beta? I'm still pretty excited to see real world performance once its out in the wild.

The TI was also overclocked and we only have an example of a non-OCd AMD card. From what i know we know nothing of the Fiji OCability.

That said its the 980 ti thats throwing things out of wack. Without that card being such an incredible value this card (the FURY X [Presumably]) would have blown the socks of even the clingiest fanboy if it had traded blows with a titan for 7-800 bucks. Nvidia basically killed off the Titan x and the 980, so they were indeed scared of something and here it is.

That said with the 980 Ti where it is in pricing is going to make it really rough for AMD. Was a real dick move pricing it so aggressively. Consumer benefits and with the potential performance of the FURY it makes tons of sense. But damn. that was brutal.

Also what was everyone expecting? 20-30% above a titan? That's just a silly expectation. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

How do you figure? Historically Nvidia has always held a slight advantage in synthetic benchmarks (per an example a 970 get a decently higher score than a 290x but in real world performance the 290x will run along it neck and neck) There's also drivers to consider. The 9xx series cards have had multiple stable public driver releases and at best the amd card is running on an internal beta? I'm still pretty excited to see real world performance once its out in the wild.

The TI was also overclocked and we only have an example of a non-OCd AMD card. From what i know we know nothing of the Fiji OCability.

That said its the 980 ti thats throwing things out of wack. Without that card being such an incredible value this card (the FURY X [Presumably]) would have blown the socks of even the clingiest fanboy if it had traded blows with a titan for 7-800 bucks. Nvidia basically killed off the Titan x and the 980, so they were indeed scared of something and here it is.

That said with the 980 Ti where it is in pricing is going to make it really rough for AMD. Was a real dick move pricing it so aggressively. Consumer benefits and with the potential performance of the FURY it makes tons of sense. But damn. that was brutal.

Also what was everyone expecting? 20-30% above a titan? That's just a silly expectation. 

In some respects it's quite desperate from nVidia. Cannibalizing their own product line essentially, and inadvertently penalizing those who elected to purchase the 980 or Titan X. It's bordering on unethical business practice on multiple levels. 

In some respects it's quite desperate from nVidia. Cannibalizing their own product line essentially, and inadvertently penalizing those who elected to purchase the 980 or Titan X. It's bordering on unethical business practice on multiple levels. 

I'd call it Aggressive more than desperate. Nvidia has the kings share of the market by a long shot, even if they left things be and the Fury "dominated the market" with titan x performance at 700-800 dollars within 1 gpu generation i'd be surprised if AMD make such a comeback as even a 45% market share.

It's a very aggressive move if anything. Clearly targeted at the Fury and simply grinding in that boot heal. Nvidia seems to be out for blood. Maybe what @patrickjp93 keeps saying has some validity and nvidia would like AMD to die and break up so it can get its hand on the CPU side of things.

Going as far as to call it unethical seems a bit much as well. Its Nvidias property and IP and if they really really wanted to they could start selling Titan X cards for 20 bucks. That's fully thar right. Did the 980 Ti being so damn good piss a lot of people off? hell yah it did. I personally know 4 slightly upset 980 owners and 2 VERY unhappy titan x owners. That said customers who were not early adopters are benefiting quite nicely as regardless of what side of the fence you're on you cant ague that the 980 Ti is a damn good value.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

The bigger question is, how don't you know that?

But less than the 980 Ti...

I know that Geforce are binned but didn't know they used microcoed to disaple it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Not sure why everyone is saying Nvidia abandoned kepler, they released a driver that fixed the issues the previous driver was having.

Because this is the internet and people tend to ignore information that doesn't support their personal emotional daydreams.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I don't foresee a problem if Fiji performs between the GTX 980 Ti and the TITAN X and is priced accordingly. AMD also has Bermuda up their sleeves that we now know is coming (8192 SP's) to take dominance to every card on the market for quite some time as Vesuvius did (which is still strong today). It will boil down to pricing and we don't even have the slightest clue as to where these cards will fall price wise. AMD could ship Fiji for what it costs for a GTX 980 Ti. We don't know how much they have invested into these GPUs so we don't know if there's any drastic cuts into profit margins at that price point. All I can say is if Fiji ships at $650-700 and Bermuda ships at $999-1200 AMD will rule the enthusiast grade market once again.

I don't foresee a problem if Fiji performs between the GTX 980 Ti and the TITAN X and is priced accordingly. AMD also has Bermuda up their sleeves that we now know is coming (8192 SP's) to take dominance to every card on the market for quite some time as Vesuvius did (which is still strong today). It will boil down to pricing and we don't even have the slightest clue as to where these cards will fall price wise. AMD could ship Fiji for what it costs for a GTX 980 Ti. We don't know how much they have invested into these GPUs so we don't know if there's any drastic cuts into profit margins at that price point. All I can say is if Fiji ships at $650-700 and Bermuda ships at $999-1200 AMD will rule the enthusiast grade market once again.

Nvidia's going to shock us all with a $2000 watercooled Titan ZX

It will be called "Titan X2" or "Prometheus" or "Gaia" or something like that. "ZX," pah!  :rolleyes:

I'll raise your Titan ZX... to a $2500 3 SLOT BLOWER Titan XYZ .

I'll raise your Titan ZX... to a $2500 3 SLOT BLOWER Titan XYZ .

And Colorful will raise you a $4500 quad-slot, solid gold, 6-fan cooler with green plasma tubes.

And PowerColor will raise you a $4500 quad-slot solid gold, 6-fan cooler with green plasma tubes.

PowerColor doesn't manufacture Nvidia based cards the last time I knew.

PowerColor doesn't manufacture Nvidia based cards the last time I knew.

I ninja'ed you, and it was an instantaneous "oh shit! Wrong company!" moment. :ph34r:

And Colorful will raise you a $4500 quad-slot, solid gold, 6-fan cooler with green plasma tubes.

Put some shinny plastic spinners on each one of those fans and I'll get 2 of those!

Put some shinny plastic spinners on each one of those fans and I'll get 2 of those!

It's so heavy it's shipped with a complimentary support pole/strut ;)

HMB at this point is irrelevant because the bandwidth is not making or breaking the cards and so far this proves it. AMD took a chance by leading the Tech race but ultimately failed because it's all about the GPU and not the memory.

Maxwell proved to be a more powerful core than Fury...which is just hilarious since it has FAR less cores. 4000+ cores vs 2800+ cores and it's losing when the 980 ti is OC'd. ROUGH!

This card cannot retail for more than the 980 Ti is no one is going to buy it unless you are a rabid AMD fanboi.

And yea.... Nvidia killed their own 980 for the 980 Ti, but they didn't quite kill off the Titan X because there has been guys on this site who clearly bought the Titan X even though they knew the 980 Ti was just around the corner because they want.... "THE BEST CARD" Even if it loses in benchmarks while staying stock vs an OC 980 Ti.... if that makes any sense.

The Titan X has 12 uber gigs of Vram vs a measy 6 Gb in the 980 Ti so guys still want those bragging rights. So the Titan X is not dead but yikes... why buy a 980 at all?

I see absolutely no reason to buy one unless they lower the 970 and 980 prices. I might buy a 980 for $450.  Even....then... I'm hesitating because the Ti is so much better.

It's so heavy it's shipped with a complimentary support pole/strut ;)

But no SLI bridges... I'm expecting to pay $250 for each, carved from elephant tusks ivory in a ebony enclosure, with some leds.

Ah fuck it. AMD is making shitty CPU's, Ati still makes good GPU's, Intel makes good CPU's and Nvidia is still losing to Ati when it comes to price/performance. The projected graphics card performance is too good for a company such as AMD. #AtiFTW

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

inb4 this being on WAN Show

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

AMD-Radeon-Fury-X-3DMark-FireStrike.jpg

that graph has been bugging me all day its not inline with the scores i have been seeing for the 980 ti's unless hies going off something other then firestrike

a personal run from just a little while ago today to see if the chart was in line with  what i'm seeing

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7286424

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7217839 this is from last week when i did single card run of every thing

that graph has been bugging me all day its not inline with the scores i have been seeing for the 980 ti's unless hies going off something other then firestrike

a personal run from just a little while ago today to see if the chart was in line with  what i'm seeing

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7286424

The scores are "Combination of Extreme and Ultra"

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

The scores are "Combination of Extreme and Ultra"

thanks  dont know why i seem to have missed the note at bottom  well looking it over 10 + times today