what new technology would you like to see be done for gaming?

Khamiri

so we got the new G-sync technology what else would you love to see be done?

Games that release without bugs, but we will probably never get that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

virtual reality that feels like reality.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Kinda related but AMD being able to compete with Intel and Nvidia so their prices HAVE to go down or AMD will run the market. Yes I realize AMD is performing with some of Nvidias cards but it just isn't there yet.

I want a Nerve Gear headset, as long as it doesn't have the capability of killing me and also only if we have the processing capability of doing that stuff properly (hint -- we're not even close.)

fps shock pads.

get shot? ZAP.

fall too far? ZAP.

punched? ZAP.

die? BIG ZAP.

mandatory for CoD multiplayer and other fps games

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I would like Cloud gaming. (more then just Nvidia solution) I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee (like netflix) and I have access to hundreds of games and even new releases. 

Also if this service become popular the game devs will optimize their games for it.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

fps shock pads.

get shot? ZAP.

fall too far? ZAP.

punched? ZAP.

die? BIG ZAP.

mandatory for CoD multiplayer and other fps games

I have read about a vest that does this some years ago, but not with electric shocks. I don't remember much about it, but it was lubriculously expensive, and while the concept was great, the execution was... poo. Barely even worked. And it only worked with very few selected titles. It was a total failure.

On topic: Virtual reality that felt just like reality. Though good luck trying to run from one side of the map to the opposite side, especially if it's a very large map, like Altis in ARMA 3... :lol:

As for more realistic expectation: games that would be actually optimized, and bug-free.

Games that release without bugs, but we will probably never get that.

^This. It's not that hard to do, but devs just end up half-assing everything nowadays.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I want devs (someone, anyone, just once) to optimize their game's code to like a 1980s, Commodore64 level, so that we have like, a Crysis game running on a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a 6750.

FPS suits that give haptic feedback on where your character gets hit...

^This. It's not that hard to do, but devs just end up half-assing everything nowadays.

Ayy lmao, got quite a few likes for that banter :P

It's just that devs now think you can release your BETA games and just patch that later ...

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I want devs (someone, anyone, just once) to optimize their game's code to like a 1980s, Commodore64 level, so that we have like, a Crysis game running on a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a 6750.

Make it so games take 10 minutes to boot too, just for the Commodore experience ^^

Make it so games take 10 minutes to boot too, just for the Commodore experience ^^

If it were done properly, the OS would boot almost instantly, just like the Commodore experience. Turn it on - BLIP - done.

If it were done properly, the OS would boot almost instantly, just like the Commodore experience. Turn it on - BLIP - done.

LOAD"*",8,1

*loading for like 2 minutes*

Get the code table

*loading for another minute*

Finally ! I can play!

good 3d monitors and games that are built to support it

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Monitors that have a face and talk to you when you have no friends.

^^This :(