Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hey all newguy here, looking to build a new pc havent done so in over 10 years, so ive been youtubing like mad between linus and jayz2cents trying to figure out what i want. So my question is under what forum would i post my needs, budget and desires to get build recommendations?

Welcome! :) Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature. If you want advice for your new build, go to New Builds and Planning and create a new thread. Remember to read this and answer this in your thread:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Welcome! :) Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature. If you want advice for your new build, go to New Builds and Planning and create a new thread. Remember to read this and answer this in your thread:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

thank you and i will read the CoC. as far as the rest, i did read that before posting, actually reading that made me want to register with the site so i could post and ask for help. thank you again.

Greeting one and all!  Long time lurker on Linus' YouTube channels, and without his advice, expertise, and comprehensive reviews I don't know that I'd feel as comfortable with building my new PC as I am now.

I've tinkered with computers in the past, and while I'm a new 'enthusiast', I've always been interested and try to stay up to date on the latest.

This community looks fantastic, and I've already gotten a ton of replies on my PC Build thread.

Welcome! 

Did you make your own avatar? Looks neat.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Welcome! 

Did you make your own avatar? Looks neat.

I did, yes, and thank you!  I do pixel art occasionally as one of my hobbies :)

HELLO! 

Yet another new guy joining the forums. I've not had much to do at work recently and have always like Linus' vids so I thought I should join the forum. I'm a UK based PC gamer (formerly PS3, until it died twice 1.5 years ago) currently running a 3570k and GTX670 FTW in a Fractal Define R3 with a view to upgrade in ~1 year to a custom water cooled loop.

Recently I've been interested in getting a new pair of headphones for gaming/music so part of my motivation for joining the forums is that 50% off international shipping from Mayflower Electronics for those beautiful Fostex v3 cans.

Most played game at the moment is by far DOTA2 and it has consumed the past year of my life, if you have spare time please avoid it at all costs... I'm also getting into Hearthstone a bit so if anybody fancies having an all out noob battle then don't hesitate to say.

Hello all, I'm new to the forums. currently I have a fx 8350 at 4.6 ghz and a gtx 660. I'm more of a audiophile than a gamer anymore. but I still get around games and general overclocking and building (for cash on the side)

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

HELLO! 

Yet another new guy joining the forums. I've not had much to do at work recently and have always like Linus' vids so I thought I should join the forum. I'm a UK based PC gamer (formerly PS3, until it died twice 1.5 years ago) currently running a 3570k and GTX670 FTW in a Fractal Define R3 with a view to upgrade in ~1 year to a custom water cooled loop.

Recently I've been interested in getting a new pair of headphones for gaming/music so part of my motivation for joining the forums is that 50% off international shipping from Mayflower Electronics for those beautiful Fostex v3 cans.

Most played game at the moment is by far DOTA2 and it has consumed the past year of my life, if you have spare time please avoid it at all costs... I'm also getting into Hearthstone a bit so if anybody fancies having an all out noob battle then don't hesitate to say.

Welcome to the forum! :) Wanted to try out DOTA 2 but never tried it because I was too lazy to download it :D Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature.

Hello all, I'm new to the forums. currently I have a fx 8350 at 4.6 ghz and a gtx 660. I'm more of a audiophile than a gamer anymore. but I still get around games and general overclocking and building (for cash on the side)

Welcome to the forum! (Not a bad overclock you got there) :) Hope you will enjoy the forum! Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Welcome to the forum! (Not a bad overclock you got there) :) Hope you will enjoy the forum! Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature.

thanks it took a bit of doing I can get 4.8 but I don't like keeping it there, already ahead of you there read them earlier haha.

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

Hey guys I'm new to this forum ^_^. I was just wondering is my Intel Core i5 3570 non k overclocked to 4.2ghz bottlenecking my gtx 760?

Hey guys I'm new to this forum ^_^. I was just wondering is my Intel Core i5 3570 non k overclocked to 4.2ghz bottlenecking my gtx 760?

Your i5 is not bottlenecking that GPU at all. Not even at stock.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Absolutely not, and welcome.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Alright awesome! :D. Umm more one question. My friend was wanting to trade his i7 2600k with my i5 3570 but i was wondering would it be good if i traded? I mean i love to overclock to will it be ok for me downgrading a generation?

Hi all,

Just joined the forum, been following the channel for ages

names....Mod_ex  seasoned pc builder mainly general builds with a few custom monsters thrown in

cant wait get to know a few of the regulars and help out some of the noobs.

Welcome to the foums! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and if you want to fold for the LTT team, feel free!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Alright awesome! :D. Umm more one question. My friend was wanting to trade his i7 2600k with my i5 3570 but i was wondering would it be good if i traded? I mean i love to overclock to will it be ok for me downgrading a generation?

The 2600k is actually a very capable overclocker, and it would definetly be worth it, IMO.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The 2600k is actually a very capable overclocker, and it would definetly be worth it, IMO.

Alright thanks!! ^_^. I'll trade with him asap haha.

Alright thanks!! ^_^. I'll trade with him asap haha.

If you have any more question feel free to ask them in the appropriate sub-sections!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

If you have any more question feel free to ask them in the appropriate sub-sections!

Sorry i'm new to the forum, but where exactly do i ask question's like this?

Sorry i'm new to the forum, but where exactly do i ask question's like this?

On the homepage you'll see different sections (CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory; Displays, etc.). Click on one of those and then click the button that says "Start New Topic."

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

On the homepage you'll see different sections (CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory; Displays, etc.). Click on one of those and then click the button that says "Start New Topic."

Ahhh alright. Thank You :D

Hi all i am from India i am student love PC/s , Android Developer and more YouTuber too find more on my LTT Profile, Its hard for me to find a person like me here though i could find a whole community here on LTT, Glad to be a part of it.

My Rigs:

Spoiler

System 1:

Spoiler

Purpose: Gaming

OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 | Mobo: Asrock B150M Pro4 Hyper | GPU: MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G | Storage: 120GB SSD ADATA + 1 TB Seagate Baracuda | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz | PSU: 600 Watt Cooler Master B600 | Display: LG 24MP88HM-S FHD Monitor | Accessories: ASUS Cerberus Gaming KB & Mouse Kit

System 2:

Spoiler

Purpose - NAS/Virtualization

OS: Ubuntu KDE 18.04 | CPU: Core i3 4130 | Mobo: Gigabyte H81M DS2 | RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz | PSU: Corsair VS550 | DVD Drive: LG DVD Multi | Display: Acer G195HQ | Storage: 4TB 1+1+2 | Accessories: Logitech Classic K100 & Leviathan ELE G1 Gaming Mouse.

Laptop: Lenovo Essentials B490

Spoiler

Purpose: Server - HP ProLiant DL360 Gen5

OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 | CPU: 2 x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5440 4 Cores | RAM : 16 GB DDR2 ECC | Storage: 146GB SAS Disk

Sound System: Creative SBS A-120 2.1

Hi all i am from India i am student love PC/s , Android Developer and more YouTuber too find more on my LTT Profile, Its hard for me to find a person like me here though i could find a whole community here on LTT, Glad to be a part of it.

Welcome! :) Hope you will enjoy the forum. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature and post your new threads in the correct section. 

Welcome! I think you'll find a few people who are like you on here. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Welcome! :) Hope you will enjoy the forum. Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature and post your new threads in the correct section. 

Welcome! I think you'll find a few people who are like you on here. ;)

I will surely abide by the COC ;) and yeah is there any group's system here ? I want a group of YouTubers, i also want to get more knowledge on custom made rigs as am a noob ;)

My Rigs:

Spoiler

System 1:

Spoiler

Purpose: Gaming

OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 | Mobo: Asrock B150M Pro4 Hyper | GPU: MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G | Storage: 120GB SSD ADATA + 1 TB Seagate Baracuda | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz | PSU: 600 Watt Cooler Master B600 | Display: LG 24MP88HM-S FHD Monitor | Accessories: ASUS Cerberus Gaming KB & Mouse Kit

System 2:

Spoiler

Purpose - NAS/Virtualization

OS: Ubuntu KDE 18.04 | CPU: Core i3 4130 | Mobo: Gigabyte H81M DS2 | RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz | PSU: Corsair VS550 | DVD Drive: LG DVD Multi | Display: Acer G195HQ | Storage: 4TB 1+1+2 | Accessories: Logitech Classic K100 & Leviathan ELE G1 Gaming Mouse.

Laptop: Lenovo Essentials B490

Spoiler

Purpose: Server - HP ProLiant DL360 Gen5

OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 | CPU: 2 x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5440 4 Cores | RAM : 16 GB DDR2 ECC | Storage: 146GB SAS Disk

Sound System: Creative SBS A-120 2.1

I will surely abide by the COC ;) and yeah is there any group's system here ? I want a group of YouTubers, i also want to get more knowledge on custom made rigs as am a noob ;)

Sadly no . :( But you can suggest it here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/102023-forum-features-suggestions/