Carrying an AR 15 through an airport and wondering why police are looking at you

What the actual fuck?

How the hell is it legal TO CARRY A WEAPON and show it off?

What the hell. I don't understand. That guy was a safety concern to everyone there. The police should have tackled him.

Smh, he has every right to carry a weapon, why are police aloud to walk around with weapons and not law abiding citizens? Are police superior to regular citizens? are they above the law? no! This makes me sad people get sucked into mainstream media and have a fear of guns, guns don't kill people, people kill people! By your logic everyone should be tackled by the police. -_-

Op i respect someone's decision to carry a weapon, but this guy is doing this purely for attention which reminds me of the whole Star bucks thing not long ago, this is what annoys me about Americans and there constitution. Why do they constantly have to keep pushing for no reason, all this guy wants is the police to do something so he can say they were in the wrong so he can boost his pathetic ego. Clearly didn't get enough attention as a child and was most likely bullied at school so this is his way of "standing up for himself" and trying to tell himself he's standing up to the bullies even though these people had nothing to do with his childhood.

This guy needs help, doing this isn't going to give him closure and in a sense is a type of bullying in it's self, purposely taunting and annoying someone for his own personal gain and issue's.

@as96 it's not an assault rifle.

@AlwaysFSX I don't think he men't literally the biggest just it's the one the media likes to scare people with.

Guns r scurry tho  :rolleyes:

It's just someone trying to scream "IT'S LEGAL AND YOU'RE OPPRESSING ME IF YOU DON'T LET ME." Open carry isn't a problem, someone intentionally being a fucking idiot is a problem though because it's almost akin to screaming "fire!" in a theater.

@AlwaysFSX I don't think he men't literally the biggest just it's the one the media likes to scare people with.

Still makes my point though, people are being scared over the little things.

I didn't think people could be this afraid of guns. Yeah the guy in the video may have been acting dumbly, rashly and idiotically, but if he's not breaking any laws, there's no reason for him to be "body slammed" (as so eloquently put by someone posting) because some people are afraid of a few pieces of metal.

I really think people should be educated about guns so they don't fear them, and can make logical decisions and not push for these extreme gun control measures. Heck, some people are afraid of certain guns because they're black or look like something a terrorist held in a video.

I have to disagree. Yes, there is some irrational fear of guns, and yes media fuels a lot of it. But carrying a weapon, especially one of such high caliber is suspicious. Yes, he didn't do anything and was just showing off, but what if he'd whipped it out and started spraying? And he didn't need it or was using it for protection or anything, and was more of a liability than he should be.

- snip-

I guess it all comes down to the chicken and egg; we need guns to protect ourselves from people with guns, but if there weren't anyone with guns we wouldn't need to protect ourselves. I think, personally, that all guns except low caliber pistols and sporting rifles should be illegal. But it won't happen, cus Muricans need em guns.

- snip-

I guess it all comes down to the chicken and egg; we need guns to protect ourselves from people with guns, but if there weren't anyone with guns we wouldn't need to protect ourselves. I think, personally, that all guns except low caliber pistols and sporting rifles should be illegal. But it won't happen, cus Muricans need em guns.

Yes but what happens when someone comes into your house with a knife? Do you attack them with a knife? No, of course not. You're not pirates. 

Yes but what happens when someone comes into your house with a knife? Do you attack them with a knife? No, of course not. You're not pirates.

That's why I said allow low caliber pistols and sporting rifles, the rifles for sport (duh) and the pistols for self protection. If a robber came into your house with a knife does that mean you need military grade weapons?

- snip-

topkekkerino

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

That's why I said allow low caliber pistols and sporting rifles, the rifles for sport (duh) and the pistols for self protection. If a robber came into your house with a knife does that mean you need military grade weapons?

I have a couple issues with this statement:

1) You are aware that handguns are usually a larger caliber than rifles, right? 

2) What do you think makes a rifle a sporting rifle? 

3) What constitutes a "low caliber pistol?"

4) What gives a person the right to dictate what another person needs to defend themselves and their family?

As you might imagine, #4 is by far the most important. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have to disagree. Yes, there is some irrational fear of guns, and yes media fuels a lot of it. But carrying a weapon, especially one of such high caliber is suspicious. Yes, he didn't do anything and was just showing off, but what if he'd whipped it out and started spraying? And he didn't need it or was using it for protection or anything, and was more of a liability than he should be.

Thing is, it doesn't matter if he's carrying it for protection, he has every right to have it. What makes you think he would "whipped it out and start spraying"? You going to try and ban things just because? You can't read people's minds. If he wanted to harm someone, he'd do it. You're being just as irrationally scared as people who have a problem with a gun just because it looks bad.

I don't do signatures.

Thing is, it doesn't matter if he's carrying it for protection, he has every right to have it. What makes you think he would "whipped it out and start spraying"? You going to try and ban things just because? You can't read people's minds. If he wanted to harm someone, he'd do it. You're being just as irrationally scared as people who have a problem with a gun just because it looks bad.

I'm not saying he was going to do it, but someone can carry a weapon like that up to the front doors of an airport legally. Say someone did that, and the started shooting. Not a good situation. And also, who in the hell needs a gun that big for "self protection"

I'm not being irrational, there's just a bigger chance of more deaths if the carrier starts shooting with that as opposed to a pistol.

- snip-

I'm not saying he was going to do it, but someone can carry a weapon like that up to the front doors of an airport legally. Say someone did that, and the started shooting. Not a good situation. And also, who in the hell needs a gun that big for "self protection"

I'm not being irrational, there's just a bigger chance of more deaths if the carrier starts shooting with that as opposed to a pistol.

My point is, who are you to say he's going to start shooting? Why single him out, when anyone could just hide a gun or knife and do that? If anything, he's going to be watched more carefully, and certainly wouldn't get as far as someone with a concealed gun or knife.

He's completely within his rights and the law to carry, for whatever reason he wants to. It could be a fashion choice, a statement he wants to make, or for self protection. What, are we going to ban people with loud mouths from bars just because they could start a riot? Are we going to ban the WBC from talking just because they don't like gays? Those people are completely within their rights to do these things, and it would be an injustice to try and stop them from exercising their rights. Yeah some people take these things to the extreme, but as long as they don't harm others, it's completely fine.

I don't do signatures.

I have a couple issues with this statement:

1) You are aware that handguns are usually a larger caliber than rifles, right?

2) What do you think makes a rifle a sporting rifle?

3) What constitutes a "low caliber pistol?"

4) What gives a person the right to dictate what another person needs to defend themselves and their family?

As you might imagine, #4 is by far the most important.

Let me rephrase, because I don't know much about guns.

1 A weaker pistol semi automatic,nothing automatic or with a huge mag,nothing that can do lots of damage but can take out a few crooks if they get into your house.

2 fair enough

3 see one.

4 the fact that that weapon can do just as much harm or more it will do good. Have you ever been in a situation as a civilian where you needed an assault rifle?

- snip-

My point is, who are you to say he's going to start shooting? Why single him out, when anyone could just hide a gun or knife and do that? If anything, he's going to be watched more carefully, and certainly wouldn't get as far as someone with a concealed gun or knife.

He's completely within his rights and the law to carry, for whatever reason he wants to. It could be a fashion choice, a statement he wants to make, or for self protection. What, are we going to ban people with loud mouths from bars just because they could start a riot? Are we going to ban the WBC from talking just because they don't like gays? Those people are completely within their rights to do these things, and it would be an injustice to try and stop them from exercising their rights. Yeah some people take these things to the extreme, but as long as they don't harm others, it's completely fine.

I'm not singling him out. And what puts this apart is that compared to the other situations human live are at a much greater risk. He might not harm others but another person can walk up to an airport with his rifle out, and it will be entirely legal, until he starts shooting. At that points it's too late and people are dead. Some bloody fashion statement.

- snip-

I'm not singling him out. And what puts this apart is that compared to the other situations human live are at a much greater risk. He might not harm others but another person can walk up to an airport with his rifle out, and it will be entirely legal, until he starts shooting. At that points it's too late and people are dead. Some bloody fashion statement.

*sigh* You're completely missing the point. Did you even read my comment?

Then you shouldn't be talking about banning them, or increasing gun control. You should know what you're talking about before going ahead and suggesting we ban things.

I don't do signatures.

1 A weaker pistol semi automatic,nothing automatic or with a huge mag,nothing that can do lots of damage but can take out a few crooks if they get into your house.

2 fair enough

3 see one.

4 the fact that that weapon can do just as much harm or more it will do good. Have you ever been in a situation as a civilian where you needed an assault rifle?

I think your numbers are different than mine :P

How did you come up with your #1? Have you looked at the FBI statistics or are you just throwing ideas out there?

Am I correct in assuming your answer #2 is in response to my question #1? I think it is.

I don't understand your #3, can you elaborate?

You really didn't answer my question #4. Yes rifles are more powerful than pistols (usually) but that really doesn't have anything to do with the question I asked. 

I own an AR-15, but not an assault rifle. Assault rifles are by definition select fire, these are extremely rare and obscenely expensive in the US. But no, I have never used my AR-15 for self defense. Then again I have never needed my homeowners insurance either yet I have that. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

You talk to a police officer like that here, you be in jail lol.

Stupid moron. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Classic example of "just because you can doesn't mean you should"

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

im most of the time not a fan of shooting people for stupidity, but i would like to rethink that in this case.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

People need to understand two very important things

1. Guns don't kill people, people, kill people

2. Because people can never be truly trusted, you can NOT trust someone with a gun

Sorry but that is the reality, you don't know the person to know that they might for whatever reason to decide to use it. You can't assume, humans do not follow logic and deduction like machines do, we are random, and though you might be right 90% of the time, That 10% or lower where you are wrong is devastating. That's why the officer checked to be sure, he had to see if they were in their right mind. Because who the fuck carries an assault rifle on a sling? If you carry a gun in public, it's usually concealed.

That said, do I think guns are the problem? No, look at where we are right now in terms of gun violence, at the bottom of the list.... 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

The problem is people, we need better ways to ensure the people with guns should be the ones using them, in your home is one thing, you have the right to protect what you own. Public is different, and is way too big for me to judge honestly.

All I'm trying to say here is that he seems to be doing this for a reaction or for attention. A handgun concealed would be just fine, and wouldn't be pissing everyone off. You guys also have to understand that not everyone in the airport or out in public will be as educated on guns as you are, so they might see that thing and wonder what the fuck is going on then get scared and leave. It is an intimidating looking gun. Also some won't trust the guy in possession of the gun (like me)

And although the gun can't kill you, the man behind it can, and that's what they fear. I don't care how many people are good hearted with their guns. I won't even be that guy who just acts normally around people with guns, I always keep an eye on them if I see someone with a gun either concealed or not, it's just the way I am. I don't trust anyone with my life.

The guy clearly wanted to just go to an airport with a big gun hoping to get some sort of reaction that he could call "harassment", and be a dick to some cops who were just doing their god damn job. In my opinion, if he walked around and no one gave a shit, I'd be a bit concerned.

As for if I think guns should be banned? No, I don't think they should be. If guns disappeared all together then we'd be getting somewhere because no one would be shooting anyone. But until that happens people should be able to carry them for protection or what ever else, except not to show off or try and start shit like the moron in this video,.