AMD Radeon R9 Fury X is gonna be watercooled (with no aftermarket coolers?)

Bouzoo

If that's gonna be the official name, AMDs naming department needs to be shot. But first I'll start with this (we already kind of knew this).

World exclusive: Up until this point, most people have presumed that AMD would be launching the Radeon R9 390X as its upcoming flagship video card, but we have just had an anonymous source tell us that this is wrong.

But here is the funny thing, there will be no aftermatket coolers for Fury X, but there will be for Fury. With this I'll presume the Fury is gonna be air cooled while the Fury X is gonna be overclocked since it'll have AIO. 

Instead, the Radeon R9 Fury X will be the flagship video card, a watercooled part based on the Fiji XT GPU. Under that, we'll have the Radeon R9 Fury, which should be based on the Fiji PRO architecture, with an entire restack of current cards. Under these two new High Bandwidth Memory-powered video cards we'll have the Radeon R9 390X, Radeon R9 390, Radeon R9 390, R9 380, R7 370 and R7 360.

The Radeon R9 Fury X will be a reference card with AIBs not able to change the cooler, but TweakTown can confirm that it will be the short card that has been spotted in the leaked images. The Radeon R9 Fury will see aftermarket coolers placed onto it, so we should see some very interesting cards released under the Radeon R9 Fury family.

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I really hope for AMD that they made a good card, also I would highly suggest them to finally launch before everyone buys 980tis or 980 since they are cheaper now

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

hahaha fury X, really amd?

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

The event is tomorrow, fingers crossed maybe they can nail it, we never know.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

hahaha fury X, really amd?

Better than titan (****IMHO***).

Pascal laptops guide

Better than titan (****IMHO***).

NVIDIA GeForce Titan X

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

There is no winner here.

As someone pointed out in another Radeon Fury thread a while back, the "Fury" name has been used by Radeon cards before.  No surprise here.  Funny name, but it's normal for ATI / AMD cards. 

At least it's not "Rage Fury" like before. :lol:

Edit: They should put Charlize Theron's face from Mad Max on the cooler and call it Radeon Furiosa *badum tss!

bad joke is bad.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

So apart from the non-rebadge 390 and 390X there will be the Fury and Fury X? Or am I just as confused as everyone else is now?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

So apart from the non-rebadge 390 and 390X there will be the Fury and Fury X? Or am I just as confused as everyone else is now?

390/X are gonna be 290/X rebrands

NVIDIA GeForce Titan X

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

There is no winner here.

I don't think AMD would use a moniker for their flagship card if it's suppose to be in a tier of its own.

I don't think AMD would use a moniker for their flagship card if it's suppose to be in a tier of its own.

That is the part that I don't like in the naming scheme. 

390/X are gonna be 290/X rebrands

With added HBM memory...

Shoot me (or them, for all I care), that's even more confusing than what the transition from 7xxx to R9 2xx was...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

NVIDIA GeForce Titan X

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

There is no winner here.

Yeah they both suck

NVIDIA GeForce Titan X

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

There is no winner here.

Why the X? Something I will never get.

Pascal laptops guide

With added HBM memory...

Shoot me (or them, for all I care), that's even more confusing than what the transition from 7xxx to R9 2xx was...

They won't have HBM, only normal GDDR5.

This is what all sources have been saying for some time "Under that, we'll have the Radeon R9 Fury, which should be based on the Fiji PRO architecture, with an entire restack of current cards"

They better be damn confident about their cooler if they're gonna not allow AIB's to change the cooler.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I want them to name the next Titan, Titan Y. Lols guaranteed.

NVIDIA GeForce Titan X

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

There is no winner here.

They should call it AMD Radeon R9 Fury XX, then there would be a winner. :P

Yeah it's lame. Hope the card is good, then I don't really care.

eXtra, eXtreme, eXcreme... I don't know

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Im more intrested in the price/performance then the name, they could call it the R9 poop X for all i care

Let's agree to disagree

I don't see this being around the price point of $649.99 MSRP.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Don't know why kids complain so much about the name... Windforce, Titan, Superclocked, GeForce... etc... they all look like superheroes names to me. 

It's all about what the card can offer in performance, don't care about a name... kids these days.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p