Anyone else think Linus is going mad?

OfficialJsP

first the ghetto heatsink mounting on a $5000 cpu and now this anyone else starting to get worried?  :lol:

What do you mean going? Hes always been mad

I dont care what Linus does, most products he get are given to him for free, so him breaking them is not really much of an issue, besides its entertaining to watch, and sometimes very interesting to see alternative methods of testing that nobody else would try

Still waiting for the laptop frisbee test

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Im ok with using zip ties, if its the only option, but the fact that the mounting brackets, and a new motherboard were being shipped to them, makes me wonder...

Did he risk loosing an expensive motherboard, or an even more expensive cpu just for a video?

Could also be because they get the samples, and I generally care less how I treat stuff if I have not payed for it...

Edit: he's been like that for a while now anyways, so most people are getting more tolerant to the cringe...

O.o, there should be a cringe warning on the video thumbnail, similar to the age ratings on games (mildly cringeworthy, viewer discretion advised --> not safe for life)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I thought Linus already was mad?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

POUR WATER ON ALL THE LAPTOPS

OUR LORD HAS SPOKEN!

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

@LinusTech

Is that Windows on a Mac?

WHY DO YOU INFECT OUR BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS WITH THE PUTRID MAC?????!!!!! 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

the video was kinda different than others, which is always good, also it was fun to watch and I wonder when we see the first cooled macbook holder ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

He has "money" or "viewers" to get all the products he wants so he make the "jackass" to get more views because that gives them more viewers and money... I have seen a lot of videos from them and You can see they love tech, and the Xeons and Titan vídeos had to hurt but... If they don't do it, who willl do?? Technobufalo? Nvidia and Intel itself? Swashin? You? If they broke two xeons on a video, next day They will have another 4 xeons next gen in the door waiting with a thanks letter from intel... Its marketing, everything is good. :)

I'm from Spain so English is not my main language but I'm trying to make my best not writing any typo.

Well he managed to get 2x Titan X, a GTX 980ti and those 2 $4.5K Xeons. So yeah....if he's going made I think he's got several valid reasons.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

he is always been mad, he is just sharing more and more of these moments with us lately, and i dont mind that..

LINUS I WANT MORE.

He's only pouring water around a Macbook, Who cares.

He has "money" or "viewers" to get all the products he wants so he make the "jackass" to get more views because that gives them more viewers and money... I have seen a lot of videos from them and You can see they love tech, and the Xeons and Titan vídeos had to hurt but... If they don't do it, who willl do?? Technobufalo? Nvidia and Intel itself? Swashin? You? If they broke two xeons on a video, next day They will have another 4 xeons next gen in the door waiting with a thanks letter from intel... Its marketing, everything is good. :)

dude i am not being serious i am just having a laugh

He's drowned laptops before, both intentionally and accidentally. I don't think it's a matter of him going mad, more that he has been for a while. 

Not while they're on though. That was more than a little bit of a shock risk in fact.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He probably is going mad, but I enjoy it because they make great videos. It only upsets me a little when he uses products that companies gave to him, like when he purposely left his laptop in the rain and had to send it back.

What? Is he fucking kidding? This is a disgrace to the engineering that went into making that product. Shame on you Linus.

Its just the fact that even if he ruined the macbook (or the xeons and the motherboard and even the titans) the video would still generate him more than enough money to reimburse those costs, as well as pay his staff

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Maybe I should try this with my M18x

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Maybe I should try this with my M18x

Please, rather than ruining a perfectly good laptop, donate it to me, for CAD on the go ^^

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Please, rather than ruining a perfectly good laptop, donate it to me, for CAD on the go ^^

I would never hurt it I love it :D, ah I cant donate it, need to sell it to get a new one :D (unless i keep it and also get a new one)

I think it's pretty clear he's mad. I mean come on, he was mad when he worked at NCIX:

0.jpg

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

the result was actually really awesome!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace