Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

Yes, it is USD. 

You do not want a 980 right now.  They are in a bad place regarding their performance for the price.  The 970 is better, or jump to the 980Ti (which is way too expensive).  AMD just revealed their new FURY cards.  They look good, so we are waiting for the tech reviewers to get their hands on them to compare them to the 980Ti and TITANs.

one question:

will there be wifi on this computer?

do i need to add a wifi adapter ?

one question:

will there be wifi on this computer?

do i need to add a wifi adapter ?

That's two:

Only if you add it, or buy a motherboard wit it already.

Well, do you need a wifi adapter?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/tp-link-wireless-network-card-tlwn881nd

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

That's two:

Only if you add it, or buy a motherboard wit it already.

Well, do you need a wifi adapter?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/tp-link-wireless-network-card-tlwn881nd

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

i  need a key board so i will get a corsair k70 mx red blue back lit.(not rgb)

i don't know if i can return it if it died on daily uses. at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000065-NA/dp/B00N4OBD32

im worried because i have seen reviews that people walk about a problem with this key board. what has happend to a lot of people

. they key board will just never power like it's completely dead. This has happend to a lot of people over time.

but overall i really want that keyboard and i would take this risk to of getting a broken one, if i can return it if it doesn't work.

here is the video

Ethan, why are you always linking American prices?  :lol:

i know it's us but i don't know how to canadian them.(i'm noob)

umm i prefer blue back light because the color matches with my future pc headset and a logitechg502 that i have already brought 

btw i like mx brown or razer orange a lot but red is great too just that i like to be quiet little more than better performance.

it's not. the reason that i chose this this keyboard is it's built quality. it's metal finish and a great wrist rest  just go watch a review for this keyboard.

I know what it is. I use a $10 keyboard, so I can't argue for spending that much money... I can sure argue against it though  ;)

oh i considered buying the g710+ before and i don't know if i like their o-ring mod that they did to the keyboard. pro it's quiet. con, it trick you to make you press harder because you don't feel the actuation point. also people have said it feels rubber domeish 

well. i just earned 100 more dollar on a job which helps people move their crap to their new house. and i feel like that i can get a mechanical keyboard instead a 980 because i also need a fancy headset mouse monitor and a mechanical keyboard

I know what it is. I use a $10 keyboard, so I can't argue for spending that much money... I can sure argue against it though  ;)

should i wait for the 6th gen intel comes out and buy a 5th gen possessor? 

i5 4690 k is 2 generation behind :(

By the time you buy your PC, Skylake might be out... it will be august I think... I could be wrong.

Prices do not drop much with Intel, there is not enough competition... but the Haswells might see a short-term drop in price.

By the time you buy your PC, Skylake might be out... it will be august I think... I could be wrong.

Prices do not drop much with Intel, there is not enough competition... but the Haswells might see a short-term drop in price.

is xeon e3 1241 v3 good for gaming?

because i saw this cpu is 40 dollar more than i5 and has way hight benchmark score. I don't know if it's just better at other things like rendering and server hostting.

because i saw this cpu is 40 dollar more than i5 and has way hight benchmark score. I don't know if it's just better at other things like rendering and server hostting.

Clock for clock it runs game just as well.  The i5 4690K will be faster in games because you can overclock it much more.  It (the Xeon) is like having an i7 4770, but without the iGPU.

on nvm

i saw the Americana price

Clock for clock it runs game just as well.  The i5 4690K will be faster in games because you can overclock it much more.  It (the Xeon) is like having an i7 4770, but without the iGPU.

umm how can you get a email message on special offers like shell shockers and stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I think the performance is between the GTX 970 and the GTX 980... but I have not really looked.

well people say that this card has faster chipset and cheaper price. but it's really loud 

well people say that this card has faster chipset and cheaper price. but it's really loud 

Screw what people say.  Find good tech reviews.  Good reviews will give you a concrete baseline as to how any GPU performs.  Not all R9 390s are the same, some are louder than others... it all depends who makes the cooler for it.