Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

Where are you getting your numbers from?  The FX 9590 is just an overclocked FX 8320.  It is the exact same CPU.  Intels destroy those CPUs.

somehow fx9590 is faster at rendering

somehow fx9590 is faster at rendering

It can run more threads... eight.  Are you going to render videos everyday? :)

Yeah..... I will render videos and gaming too but I think in game fps is more important that faster render

The AMD FX 9xxx series will not work on any AM3+ motherboard. Because the very high power consumption (TDP 220W, but overclocked it may use even more -allmost 3x that of an i5 4430), most motherboard VRM's will not be able to power the CPU properly. It might be different in Canada, but the boards suitable for AMD FX 9xxx are quite expensive where i live.

Hey i think that I can rise my budget to 1500 or 2000 dollar. because I already got 980$ total and I just got 500$ last night and day

Hey i think that I can rise my budget to 1500 or 2000 dollar. because I already got 980$ total and I just got 500$ last night and day

What are you doing?  Dealing drugs?  :o

This is a build that borders the "diminishing returns zone".  For the money, this will provide a great gaming experience and allow for easy overclocking of the CPU if needed.  It is ready for a second GTX 970 as well.  Of course, this build can be cut down tons... in terms of budget.

$1550 before taxes, black and yellow themed:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($280.98 @ Newegg Canada)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($142.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Avexir Blitz1.1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($78.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.75 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($419.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.75 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: LG 23MP47HQ 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($149.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1511.15
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-08 21:05 EDT-0400

This is a build that borders the "diminishing returns zone".  For the money, this will provide a great gaming experience and allow for easy overclocking of the CPU if needed.  It is ready for a second GTX 970 as well.  Of course, this build can be cut down tons... in terms of budget.

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ NCIX)

Memory: Avexir Blitz1.1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($78.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Canada Computers)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.75 @ Vuugo)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX)

ummm i was thinking about getting better keyboard and stuff like a good mic wifi web cam kinda stuff

yay gtx 970 ftw :D

ummm i was thinking about getting better keyboard and stuff like a good mic wifi web cam kinda stuff

Keyboard, mouse, speakers, headphones, microphone and webcam... these things can get expensive.  Do you have any old stuff to use?

If you have old speakers and an old keyboard I recommend you use those to start.  A mouse is usually more important for gaming.

yay gtx 970 ftw :D

It is a nice one too.  The G1 is binned so the chip can handle higher overclocks, and it comes with a nice back plate I believe.

Keyboard, mouse, speakers, headphones, microphone and webcam... these things can get expensive.  Do you have any old stuff to use?

If you have old speakers and an old keyboard I recommend you use those to start.  A mouse is usually more important for gaming.

I got none lol only have a mouse for my laptop 

should i get a mechanical key-board and is it worth it.

Depending on the person you talk to, mech keyboards "feel" better.  The biggest advantage, for me, would be the N-Key rollover.  You can hit every key at once, and every key will register.

I would not incorporate a $100 keyboard into the initial build cost.  Some cheap Microsoft keyboard will do fine.

A little speaker set is under $20.  I got these for $12 at Canada Computers for my mom, they work great:  http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-speakers-980000417

Leave the webcam out for now, you don't need that... do you?

You can leave the headset out for now too.  You might want a really good set of headphones and a separate mic... for quality.  Those can be expensive.

Depending on the person you talk to, mech keyboards "feel" better.  The biggest advantage, for me, would be the N-Key rollover.  You can hit every key at once, and every key will register.

I would not incorporate a $100 keyboard into the initial build cost.  Some cheap Microsoft keyboard will do fine.

A little speaker set is under $20.  I got these for $12 at Canada Computers for my mom, they work great:  http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-speakers-980000417

You can leave the headset out for now too.  You might want a really good set of headphones and a separate mic... for quality.  Those can be expensive.

wow I'm so getting this keyboard... I always wish to roll my face over the keyboard for spams

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74790kthis i74790k has a combo with a gtx970 and it's almost the same price as the i54690k with a gtx970 will it be a good idea if i chose this one. but I think this gtx970 is slower than the one u told me.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74790kthis i74790k has a combo with a gtx970 and it's almost the same price as the i54690k with a gtx970 will it be a good idea if i chose this one. but I think this gtx970 is slower than the one u told me.

Those are USD prices.  An i5 4690K and a GTX 970 is the USA is $225+$330 = $555

Those are USD prices.  An i5 4690K and a GTX 970 is the USA is $225+$330 = $555

by the way what components in the build that it's ok to buy the used once 

by the way what components in the build that it's ok to buy the used once 

IDK, anything is okay to buy used... if it is in working condition.

I would not do GPU, PSU, RAM or SSD/Hard Drives used.  Those can degrade quickly over time.

Yes, it is USD. 

You do not want a 980 right now.  They are in a bad place regarding their performance for the price.  The 970 is better, or jump to the 980Ti (which is way too expensive).  AMD just revealed their new FURY cards.  They look good, so we are waiting for the tech reviewers to get their hands on them to compare them to the 980Ti and TITANs.

I knew it :(

but i am already over budget

the "bottleneck" problem with having a gtx 980 and an i5 won't make a noticable difference the card will still perform perfectly