Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

You can connect your receiver to your PC with one of these:

3.5mm-to-rca-cable.jpg

Sorry but the image won't display 

3.5mm-to-rca-cable.jpg

pls send the link

3.5mm-to-rca-cable.jpg

By the way. Sense we nerfed my GPU can I get a amd 8350/8370 because I have seen a lot of people go with 8350 and a R9 280x

By the way. Sense we nerfed my GPU can I get a amd 8350/8370 because I have seen a lot of people go with 8350 and a R9 280x

That way we can stay under budget

I don't know you tell me if it's right or not

I don't know you tell me if it's right or not

It is not right to switch to the FX 8XXX CPU.  It is not a good gaming CPU compared to the i5.  The i5 at 3GHz will beat the FX 8XXX CPU at 4GHz.  This is because of the IPC (Instructions Per Clock).  The IPC of the Intel is much better than the AMD.

For the AMD you will also need a motherboard with a good VRM (Voltage Regulator Module)... 6+2 phases, or better (8+2 is recommended).  This is to overclock it.  You need more clean power to the CPU and the VRM is in charge of that.

Now with all that power and extra speed you are going to want, so you can try to keep up with an Intel CPU, you need to cool it.  You have to buy an aftermarket cooler.

So you bought the AMD CPU, the motherboard and a CPU cooler.  You proceed to overclock the FX 8XXX CPU to a whopping 4.7GHz, and the Intel at stock speed (with stock cooler and inexpensive motherboard) can still beat it.

$309

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($173.98 @ DirectCanada)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($99.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $308.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 15:16 EDT-0400

$295

Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Total: $295.47
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 15:18 EDT-0400

$390

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($286.95 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($92.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $379.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 15:19 EDT-0400

@Ethanbass

So, the cable I posted (the picture) is a "RCA to Stereo-mini" or "RCA to 3.5mm".  You can find them everywhere, they are very cheap... don't spend more than $7-$10 on it.

The R9 280X is not nerfed.  It is what you could afford at your budget.

It is not right to switch to the FX 8XXX CPU.  It is not a good gaming CPU compared to the i5.  The i5 at 3GHz will beat the FX 8XXX CPU at 4GHz.  This is because of the IPC (Instructions Per Clock).  The IPC of the Intel is much better than the AMD.

For the AMD you will also need a motherboard with a good VRM (Voltage Regulator Module)... 6+2 phases, or better (8+2 is recommended).  This is to overclock it.  You need more clean power to the CPU and the VRM is in charge of that.

Now with all that power and extra speed you are going to want, so you can try to keep up with an Intel CPU, you need to cool it.  You have to buy an aftermarket cooler.

So you bought the AMD CPU, the motherboard and a CPU cooler.  You proceed to overclock the FX 8XXX CPU to a whopping 4.7GHz, and the Intel at stock speed (with stock cooler and inexpensive motherboard) can still beat it.

Omg the world of pc parts has too much stuff that I don't know about so much tooo learn..... ahhhh I had a head ache :angry:  :wacko:

well thant you tho

$309

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($99.98 @ Newegg Canada)

$295

$390

Alright so that's all I need to know for now. thank you for helping me with this. and If i got any more questions i'll just ask you :)

Alright so that's all I need to know for now. thank you for helping me with this. and If i got any more questions i'll just ask you :)

Oh actually one last question. 

Where is the cpu cooler's box and Is it good enough

Oh actually one last question. 

Where is the cpu cooler's box and Is it good enough

All those CPUs come with a stock cooler.  Yes it is good enough.

Where in the cpu page shows the cooler fan

Oh also if I add one video capturing card in the future will it speed up the recording by a lot or there is no or barely any difference with not recording and recording

Oh also if I add one video capturing card in the future will it speed up the recording by a lot or there is no or barely any difference with not recording and recording

I have never used one, but I would assume it frees up resources.  Try without one first.

Where in the cpu page shows the cooler fan

There is a specification list on the left in PCPP.  It will state whether or not a particular CPU comes with a cooler.

There is a specification list on the left in PCPP.  It will state whether or not a particular CPU comes with a cooler.

Thank you. Guess my build plan is done all I have to to is wait for the summer break.

tho I saw some video use the similar gpu and less powerful cpu doing great.

And this build will satisfy my gaming experience around 3 or 4 years or so  

@Ethanbass

So, the cable I posted (the picture) is a "RCA to Stereo-mini" or "RCA to 3.5mm".  You can find them everywhere, they are very cheap... don't spend more than $7-$10 on it.

The R9 280X is not nerfed.  It is what you could afford at your budget.

Can't find it still.

But it's not a big deal

$309

$295

$390

Sorry but there is one last thing I want to ask you.

Sense the Power is so cheap 

Is it ok If i dump a amd 9590 in it? because I watched the benchmark and the score is crazy

Sense the Power is so cheap 

Is it ok If i dump a amd 9590 in it? because I watched the benchmark and the score is crazy

Where are you getting your numbers from?  The FX 9590 is just an overclocked FX 8320.  It is the exact same CPU.  Intels destroy those CPUs.

Where are you getting your numbers from?  The FX 9590 is just an overclocked FX 8320.  It is the exact same CPU.  Intels destroy those CPUs.

ho lol I got the render benchmark and the gaming benchmark i5 beat the amd soo far ahead