Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

Screw what people say.  Find good tech reviews.  Good reviews will give you a concrete baseline as to how any GPU performs.  Not all R9 390s are the same, some are louder than others... it all depends who makes the cooler for it.

oh they are talking about the msi thing that i was gonna buy

oh they are talking about the msi thing that i was gonna buy

Okay, now you have to go see technical reviews on that unit.  If none exist, the smart thing to do is wait, or go for some other "proven" GPU.  You could play dice with your money, but that is not smart.  

Tech reviews use equipment to test these cards out, and the good ones have very experienced reviewers to give you objective performance numbers and even a final conclusion.  Do NOT buy things base on what someone says on a forum (I know it sounds funny as I am someone on a forum).  Sure read what they say, but try to do real research on any given product.

I am tired right now, but I will look into that particular card for you later... tomorrow.

Okay, now you have to go see technical reviews on that unit.  If none exist, the smart thing to do is wait, or go for some other "proven" GPU.  You could play dice with your money, but that is not smart.  

Tech reviews use equipment to test these cards out, and the good ones have very experienced reviewers to give you objective performance numbers and even a final conclusion.  Do NOT buy things base on what someone says on a forum (I know it sounds funny as I am someone on a forum).  Sure read what they say, but try to do real research on any given product.

I am tired right now, but I will look into that particular card for you later... tomorrow.

oh they are from linus

oh they are from linus

the review is from linus but i have seen the benchmarks from other people too(btw i just got a 160$ mothermoard for around 100$ that fit's rest on components and colour matches)sweet 

the review is from linus but i have seen the benchmarks from other people too(btw i just got a 160$ mothermoard for around 100$ that fit's rest on components and colour matches)sweet 

Mind if I ask what board?

oh they are from linus

Here is one for the card you were looking at:

These are others for a 390, there are tons:

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Sapphire-Nitro-Radeon-R9-390-8GB-Review

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/R9_390_PCS_Plus/

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/powercolor-radeon-r9-390-pcs-8gb-review,1.html

It is a decent motherboard, but are counting the mail in rebate to the price of $110?  It still cost you $160 to buy, with a $50 rebate.

Mail in rebates are not a good thing.  I never got my $20 from Gigabyte, although it shows they sent it.

This is a better deal:  http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_1207_1206_1201&item_id=071375

It has a better VRM.

It is a decent motherboard, but are counting the mail in rebate to the price of $110?  It still cost you $160 to buy, with a $50 rebate.

Mail in rebates are not a good thing.  I never got my $20 from Gigabyte, although it shows they sent it.

This is a better deal:  http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_1207_1206_1201&item_id=071375

It has a better VRM.

oh well think i will chose this one. but i just like the old one's color better lol

oh well think i will chose this one. but i just like the old one's color better lol

The orange one has more features, but the yellow one has better power delivery... and is $50 cheaper.

So you did not order it?

The orange one has more features, but the yellow one has better power delivery... and is $50 cheaper.

So you did not order it?

not yet

not yet

i only have 1000$ right now and i am planning to spend 1500$ on this setup and later i am gona buy it all to gather because the price can go down over time

That actually looks pretty cool.  I always play with Vanilla textures.  The guy is in the 40s and 50s a lot of the time.  Those textures and shaders must be tough to run.

i saw a 390x at the exact price of 390 http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZQ9JL0U/?tag=pcp0f-20 http://www.amazon.ca/R9-390-GAMING-8G-Graphics/dp/B00ZGF0UAE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YM0QV3V1S7VKE336A8E

don't know if it's a good idea to buy it

• 2 weeks later...
The $450 price is sold out, it is $550.[/quote?

umm I now have 2500 budget lol think im good for a titan x and a i75820k lol

I earned 1150 in 3 weeks faster than I thought

The $450 price is sold out, it is $550.[/quote?

umm I now have 2500 budget lol think im good for a titan x and a i75820k lol

I earned 1150 in 3 weeks faster than I thought

Do you want a $2000 example build?  You don't need the 5820K for games.

sure but should I get the nzxt noctis 450 so my pc can look sexy also the acer g7 monitor(sorry about constanly changing my budget)

this is my airflow plan and please tell me what type of air flow it is and i am trying to make it balanced and leaning towards positive air flow.

$1900 before taxes.

It is white and black themed. 

For the GPU you can go with an R9 390 alternative, but you would need a more powerful power supply.  The 650W GS I have here is more than enough for two GTX 970s, but not for two 390s.  The 970 I have picked is a G1, binned for overclocking.  One of the best 970s available.

I have a 1440p monitor in the build.  It will push the 970 hard, the 980Ti would have an easier time with it at twice the price though.  A 980Ti would need a bigger power supply as well, ONLY if you would ever buy two of them.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.97 @ DirectCanada)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($143.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($122.50 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($127.98 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($439.00 @ NCIX)
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($154.99 @ Memory Express)  << I like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro (white version) a little better, but this looks nicer.
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Monitor: Acer G257HU smidpx 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($364.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1848.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-28 22:46 EDT-0400

Depends on what fans you use and where you use them.  If the three intake fans are moving more air, you will generally have positive air pressure.

Why are you buying a V8?  Those are kinda pricey, no?

The BeQuiet Pure Rock is like $35 and is all you need:  http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

oh i get that because it's colour matches with the case and the mother board and gpu. i like the cool look of red led and black

oh i get that because it's colour matches with the case and the mother board and gpu. i like the cool look of red led and black

Sure, why not.  It does look really cool. :D