Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

What?  Don't think like that.

well my resolution is stuck at 1440p and the extra vram is just sitting there and  drinking beer

well my resolution is stuck at 1440p and the extra vram is just sitting there and  drinking beer

no wonder why amd say that r9 300th series great for vr and 4k

You have a 1440p monitor?

That was the black and white build.

oh btw is there any cheaper and better value monitor

oh btw is there any cheaper and better value monitor

and the reflection on the monitor is no good for my room because my room have sooooo many window and yes my creepy neighbor can stalk all they want than't how sunny my room is so an anti glare coating screen will be nice (btw the curtain is white so it get super bright even closed)

USD price.

still it has really good value even translated to cnd dollar

still it has really good value even translated to cnd dollar

ok nvm its 245 guess il go with the expensive one u sended to me

USD price.

should I get sn i7 4790k instead because its only 20 dollar more

what it is in my part list and I make sure that it is in canadian dollar

And the the price of my parts total only growed by around 20 dollar

ok I derped btw should I get a i7 or 390x if I got the extra budget

I tjink i forgot to add thermal compound, and i have no idea which one to chose linus says that he like the nano diamond but i dont know what makes a thermal compound good other than good heat transfer

I tjink i forgot to add thermal compound, and i have no idea which one to chose linus says that he like the nano diamond but i dont know what makes a thermal compound good other than good heat transfer

Show me your entire build when it is ready.  You are not going to aggressively overclock, so you don't need the TIM yet.  Buy it when you decide to overclock.

Show me your entire build when it is ready.  You are not going to aggressively overclock, so you don't need the TIM yet.  Buy it when you decide to overclock.

im am goin to china so i have to find where to buy all the parts in china agian ugh fail so this build needs to delay a bit (like 2 or three days)

btw the monitor is out of stock i don't know what else i should use and also does the v8 comes with a pre applied thermal compound? 

the ssd's price is still dropping like a lot. Is it a good idea if i just use a hdd for now and put it in a hdd dock later when the price is lower(it dropped 1/3 of it's price is half a year)

im am goin to china so i have to find where to buy all the parts in china agian ugh fail so this build needs to delay a bit (like 2 or three days)

Why are you buying parts in China?

btw the monitor is out of stock i don't know what else i should use and also does the v8 comes with a pre applied thermal compound? 

We can find another monitor.  The V8 comes with a tube of TIM.

the ssd's price is still dropping like a lot. Is it a good idea if i just use a hdd for now and put it in a hdd dock later when the price is lower(it dropped 1/3 of it's price is half a year)

No, terrible idea.  By a 500GB SSD and no hard drive at all.

Why are you buying parts in China?

my mom forced me to go to china for the rest of the summer because she brought the airplane ticket without letting me know.

We can find another monitor.  The V8 comes with a tube of TIM.

umm sooo ugh should i use acer still because it's pretty sick also i like 27 inch monitor just because it looks badass (or a smaller 1440p monitor for less demanding game like minecraft)

my mom forced me to go to china for the rest of the summer because she brought the airplane ticket without letting me know.

btw the tech market is not bad in china and many parts is cheaper there so i can actually use my extra budget to buy a over sized desk mad or a gaming chair etc....