Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

btw the tech market is not bad in china and many parts is cheaper there so i can actually use my extra budget to buy a over sized desk mad or a gaming chair etc....

Yeah... I have learned pricing and market trends are not your strong suit.  :D   Be careful when buying.  :)

Yeah... I have learned pricing and market trends are not your strong suit.  :D   Be careful when buying.  :)

By the way, you got any ideas about what monitor I should use?

By the way, you got any ideas about what monitor I should use?

You have to decide that.  All around monitor should be an IPS panel @60Hz.  If you want to try out 144Hz, you will have to go with a TN panel.. or pay $750-$1000 for a 144Hz IPS.

Then decide whether or not you want to try for a higher resolution or not.  (2560x1440?  3840x2160?)

You have to decide that.  All around monitor should be an IPS panel @60Hz.  If you want to try out 144Hz, you will have to go with a TN panel.. or pay $750-$1000 for a 144Hz IPS.

Then decide whether or not you want to try for a higher resolution or not.  (2560x1440?  3840x2160?)

don't know. Im chosing somewere around 250$ and 27 inch (ips would be better)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mp35hq Is this a good monitor

It's fine.  I would look into FreeSync (for gaming) since you are going with the 390.  They are not cheap though...

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10141108628

The monitor can be quite important, that is why I do not mind recommending that you look at more expensive units.  You are always staring at it. =D

It's fine.  I would look into FreeSync (for gaming) since you are going with the 390.  They are not cheap though...

The monitor can be quite important, that is why I do not mind recommending that you look at more expensive units.  You are always staring at it. =D

yeah i think i should get a free sync monitor because my screen tearing is driving me crazy

is there a 60hz version on that thing because I don't really care about anything over 60 fps

and man that's a lot of money

could of buy a triple monitor with that money

i have quite a concern about image quality on a tn panel

@Ethan supabass

Personally, I like dual monitor setups.  I just wanted to see if you would bite on the Freesync thing.  Two 24", or a 27" main and a 24" secondary, is preferable to a single display for me.  I have now gotten used to the two monitors, especially when playing MC.

@Ethan supabass

Personally, I like dual monitor setups.  I just wanted to see if you would bite on the Freesync thing.  Two 24", or a 27" main and a 24" secondary, is preferable to a single display for me.  I have now gotten used to the two monitors, especially when playing MC.

got a bad news my budget is limited at 2000$ for sure now because i can't work and be in china at the same time. also can i use a ultrawide instead of a dual monitor

got a bad news my budget is limited at 2000$ for sure now because i can't work and be in china at the same time. also can i use a ultrawide instead of a dual monitor

What, $2000 only?  /sarcasm  :D

That is plenty for a really nice rig.  The monitor selection is up to you.  Two monitors provide more screen real estate and are more versatile.  The secondary monitor is not for gaming, it is supplementary... watch videos, relevant documents, or whatever.

That is plenty for a really nice rig.  The monitor selection is up to you.  Two monitors provide more screen real estate and are more versatile.  The secondary monitor is not for gaming, it is supplementary... watch videos, relevant documents, or whatever.

But the problem is that i only have 250$ left for a monitor

then can i just use my laptop instead

But the problem is that i only have 250$ left for a monitor

How?  Show me the build...

Also, Skylake was officially announced.  Reviewers are benchmarking already: 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($294.98 @ DirectCanada) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 82.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($94.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($161.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($64.00 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($218.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($439.99 @ NCIX) 
Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($174.99 @ NCIX) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($170.01 @ DirectCanada) 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($147.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset  ($94.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Total: $1862.89(oops my math is bad i actrually have 150$ left)
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-06 07:52 EDT-0400

i think i can nerf the storage and the psu a bit because that doesn't impact the performance mutch

i think i can nerf the storage and the psu a bit because that doesn't impact the performance much

so the i5 6600k is cheaper than 4690k?

when i started researching about the new skylake cpu i find it pretty useless other than a better integrated gpu

so the i5 6600k is cheaper than 4690k?

$2025... don't forget the tax.  In Toronto this would come out to $2288:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.98 @ NCIX)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($41.06 @ DirectCanada)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($148.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($155.91 @ NCIX)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($128.75 @ shopRBC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($435.79 @ Newegg Canada)

Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($143.92 @ DirectCanada)

Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($156.00 @ shopRBC)

Monitor: LG 27MP35HQ 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($274.65 @ Amazon Canada)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($79.98 @ DirectCanada)

Total: $2025.01

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-06 09:20 EDT-0400

$2025... don't forget the tax.  In Toronto this would come out to $2288:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.98 @ NCIX)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($41.06 @ DirectCanada)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($148.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($155.91 @ NCIX)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($128.75 @ shopRBC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($435.79 @ Newegg Canada)

Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($143.92 @ DirectCanada)

Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($156.00 @ shopRBC)

Monitor: LG 27MP35HQ 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($274.65 @ Amazon Canada)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($79.98 @ DirectCanada)

Total: $2025.01

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-06 09:20 EDT-0400

so we are going for a black theme build