Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

Alright I have order the headset and cpu cooler at the store because they are out of stock and i'll be taking them tomorrow.

Alright I have order the headset and cpu cooler at the store because they are out of stock and i'll be taking them tomorrow.

That must feel good.  Finally realizing the PC is close to being in your hands. :)

That must feel good.  Finally realizing the PC is close to being in your hands. :)

Yup and btw I kind of need my keyboard really fast(it's a long story)

is there any k70 brown/red near me

Yup and btw I kind of need my keyboard really fast(it's a long story)

is there any k70 brown/red near me

Canada Computers

4038 York Regional 7 East, Markham,

Ontario L3R 2L5, Canada

3 of them

Canada Computers

Ontario L3R 2L5, Canada

3 of them

Dude i got a good news and a bad news

Canada Computers

Ontario L3R 2L5, Canada

3 of them

The bad news is something i see its coming and that is the worst thing that could ever happen

Canada Computers

Ontario L3R 2L5, Canada

3 of them

by the way I am going to start build this pc in one or 2 days. so Is it ok if I can skype you or something so you can help me along while me building it, because I scared to make a mistake that can ruin the whole build. If you can't well I will figure an other way to do it.

This is a good place.  I can help you build from here.  ;)

thanks(btw my skype is huang123butter)

I will write you up a step-by-step when your parts start arriving.  Until then, watch some videos.  ;)

I will write you up a step-by-step when your parts start arriving.  Until then, watch some videos.  ;)

oh I drived to the store and buy the part instead of ordering it online because I can't wait and they are all in my garage yesterday.

So just pop all the pieces together... easy! 

...jk

What did you get?  ...and what have you done so far?

So just pop all the pieces together... easy! 

...jk

What did you get?  ...and what have you done so far?

they are all the same other than the mother board and the ssd

the ssd has discontinued so I brought the Samsun evo 500Gb

and the motherboard is out of stock almost forever so I brought the similar looking one for almost the same price and it is on sale also.

but I can't build the pc just yet because I am moving at Friday so I want to build the pc at the new house.

they are all the same other than the mother board and the ssd

the ssd has discontinued so I brought the Samsun evo 500Gb

and the motherboard is out of stock almost forever so I brought the similar looking one for almost the same price and it is on sale also.

but I can't build the pc just yet because I am moving at Friday so I want to build the pc at the new house.

Okay, I will write you up step-by-step before then.

So what motherboard?

Okay, I will write you up step-by-step before then.

So what motherboard?

z95x gaming 5 by gaming 5

I know you are days away from building, so let's start with preparation first.

The Area

Have a nice big table to work at, the size of a small kitchen table will do.  You want an area to space things out without dropping tools and parts all over the place.  No plastic table cloth.

Make sure you are not standing on carpet, wood floor or some tile is good.  This is to keep from building up static electricity.  You should also keep from wearing really loose clothing (long sleeves), and do not wear those vinyl-like track pants.... or any material that builds up static when you move in it.  Gotta love cotton =)

The Tools

You don't need much.

1.  Screw driver, usually a star (Phillips).

2.  Bottle of Alcohol and cotton swabs or even q-tips.

3.  Twist ties, usually you will get enough in all the packaging already.

4.  Optional, if available:  Needle-nose pliers, anti-static wristband, velcro, flashlight or maneuverable light source.

5.  Your brain.

... more to come...

• 2 weeks later...

I know you are days away from building, so let's start with preparation first.

The Area

Have a nice big table to work at, the size of a small kitchen table will do.  You want an area to space things out without dropping tools and parts all over the place.  No plastic table cloth.

Make sure you are not standing on carpet, wood floor or some tile is good.  This is to keep from building up static electricity.  You should also keep from wearing really loose clothing (long sleeves), and do not wear those vinyl-like track pants.... or any material that builds up static when you move in it.  Gotta love cotton =)

The Tools

You don't need much.

1.  Screw driver, usually a star (Phillips).

2.  Bottle of Alcohol and cotton swabs or even q-tips.

3.  Twist ties, usually you will get enough in all the packaging already.

4.  Optional, if available:  Needle-nose pliers, anti-static wristband, velcro, flashlight or maneuverable light source.

5.  Your brain.

... more to come...

Yo dude i stared building it but i cant get any help because the network wont work and i think i got a dead power supply

Yo dude i stared building it but i cant get any help because the network wont work and i think i got a dead power supply

Install the drivers for your ethernet adapter from the motherboard disk.  If you do not have an optical drive, download the drivers to a USB stick with another computer and install from it.

Why do you think you have a dead power supply?

Install the drivers for your ethernet adapter from the motherboard disk.  If you do not have an optical drive, download the drivers to a USB stick with another computer and install from it.

A dude came and took a look at my pc and sees everything looks correct but nothing happed when i pressed the on button and he said that even i wired it wrong the power supply fan should start spining but i think that we have a broken cord that powers the motherboard

That dude didnt really take his time because he is on a hurry so he might be wrong

Install the drivers for your ethernet adapter from the motherboard disk. If you do not have an optical drive, download the drivers to a USB stick with another computer and install from it.

Oh btw the network is that the whole router is dead

But dont worry about it i know what to do about it

Install the drivers for your ethernet adapter from the motherboard disk. If you do not have an optical drive, download the drivers to a USB stick with another computer and install from it.

Alright I thing I solved the problem the power supply I figured it out when I tool it out of the case.

But I I got another issue that the case fans aren't turning on no matter where I plug it

That's not a big issue tho I can plus it out of the case.

The real issue is that when I turn it on is is in the bios and everything is working fine the I went down and told my friends my good news while I am gone my brother mashed my keyboard and it got into a place that it says missing operation system and I can't exit that no matter what I do even restarting the computer for a billion times. There is probably some hot keys that I don't know of

Alright I thing I solved the problem the power supply I figured it out when I tool it out of the case.

But I I got another issue that the case fans aren't turning on no matter where I plug it

That's not a big issue tho I can plus it out of the case.

The real issue is that when I turn it on is is in the bios and everything is working fine the I went down and told my friends my good news while I am gone my brother mashed my keyboard and it got into a place that it says missing operation system and I can't exit that no matter what I do even restarting the computer for a billion times. There is probably some hot keys that I don't know of

How did you solve the power supply problem by taking out of the case?

Where are the fans connected?

Reinstall your OS.