Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

Hehe, it's on Vessel. Sympathies to those without Vessel. :P

My sympathy goes out to those who chose not to sign up for free.  lolz.

Scrapyard Wars is already a money-losing proposition for us until we can find some big sponsors for it. Single part feature length videos just aren't doable with our current model :(

Would love to see some sponsors help you guys out for Scrapyard Wars.  It is, at least in my opinion, as equally as entertaining as everything else LMG produces.  But I do love the high end gear you guys show off as well.  Especially all your server grade stuff for the new Office.  That shit is f******* cool!

He has the right to dislike if he wants to. Disliking != Disrespecting. I don't think he said anything that should get you all defensive IMHO.

Everyone should just get along.  Agree to disagree about whether its a good thing or a bad thing.  In the end we get a Linus video to watch that is entertaining regardless......

//sorry for replying three different times.  I was reading through the thread and kept wanting to reply.

what a tease, vessel is years behind youtube but one week ahead :ph34r:

This is just about the most philosophical grouping of words I have ever laid eyes on! 

LTT

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

well i though they would release them 1 pm on Saturdays :/ guess not ...

Needs Update

anyone have a link to the youtube version of episode one.

and as i was watching it, it goes "private" and i can't watch it.  GRRR.   i was about 7 minutes in.   figures.  GRRR i say, GRR

Linus driving while texting tips...

EDIT: Just when I posted this Linus gets pulled over... LOL

EDIT2: Linus cuts himself while using calipers... ROFL

It's what he gets for dinking around with his phone while driving.  

I can deal with irresponsible handling of computer hardware.  Irresponsible driving on the other hand...

Time to move LMG to Nunavut, Linus.  Here's the pitch: Embed your computer rads in your igloo.  No fans! Perfectly silent.  Which is good, because the acoustics of fans in an igloo probably suck.

Distracted_Driving_Laws_Canada_10141.png

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

It's what he gets for dinking around with his phone while driving.  

I can deal with irresponsible handling of computer hardware.  Irresponsible driving on the other hand...

Time to move LMG to Nunavut, Linus.  Here's the pitch: Embed your computer rads in your igloo.  No fans! Perfectly silent.  Which is good, because the acoustics of fans in an igloo probably suck.

Distracted_Driving_Laws_Canada_10141.png

I agree with you 100%. Distracted driving is irresponsible and dangerous. That's why I wanted to call it out. I was wondering why it wasn't cut out of the episode then when he got pulled over I was like... justice served.

Luke spent a lot of time on this laptop in front of the bank. I would be bothered to see someone on their laptop in the car in the bank parking lot. 

I assume people still try that thing where they modify the ATMs to scan your card and record your pin number.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Texting and driving linus....Really...

I was waiting. Where I live nothing would happen...but I knew it. As soon as I saw it...I'm like "This is Canada. He's getting pulled over"

Sure enough 

Shame linus. Shame. xD

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I get that Eds on time constraints, but I feel they could have fairly quickly found a hardcore vocalist to growl out the the title card, and an actual Australian to read out the bumper.

Perhaps the only reason I think that is because where I am, seemingly everyman and their dog is a vocalist for a crappy local hardcore band.

Can't wait for more [scrapyard wars, not Australian hardcore/metal bands, we have enough of those now].

I really like this series, reminds me of the good old Top Gear challenges. However your naming convention sucks ass, maybe do Season # Episode # rather than the current Episode # Letter, or Challenge and Episode #.

So the $300 budget gaming rig could have been Season 1, episodes 1-3 and the current $500 watercooling challenge could be Season 2 episodes 1-whatever.

Also I haven't seen episode 2 yet because it's behind the damn paywall, but yall need to calm your tits about "distracted driving".

Lord Linus has finally done it.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Great video, now can next week just roll around already. The hype is real.

sorta amazed your looking for a car radiator which is over kill to the max, I would just use a oil cooler 

would take less effort to adapt it into a pc

148368d1346501352-vs-aftermarket-trans-c

Its all about those volumetric clouds

What happened to 'early access'? Is that not the point of Vessel? Just curious as to the point of uploading a video to Vessel, and YouTube at the same time? 

You are building oil-submerged systems, storage arrays with 36 ssd's, you are messing with sockets and cooling of dual 18 core xeons, you are building a whole room water cooling in an office you will leave...

But when you make a video about something we can actually use or do ourselves, you put it on a paid channel because creating a scrapyard wars about 300 USD computers is too expensive??

i don't think you understand there buddy all those things are sponsored no money came out of his pocket, where as scrapyard wars they don't have sponsors for so anything they do is with their own cash YouTube ads don't make much(as far as i know) and some people still use ad block like D-bags

Linus discovering metal is funny s**t

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

Love this series, keep it up!

#TheScrappening

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

I really like this show and how ghetto it is build up. It relates much more to my real experience of computer building (though a bit over the top of course), than those ultmate omgwtfbbq builds like that ultrasmall build; "oh, I have this other ram and other watercooling laying around that fits".

Maybe for next episodes you could invite other tech youtubers over to collaborate in it? I bet the guy from Tek Syndicate would be a great competitor.

Just watched it and of course it was great. I have to say, Linus is all over the place while Luke seems to be moving a long lol. It'll be cool to see how this turns out!