Ask a PewDiePie fan (Bro)

As the title says this is an AMA. I have been a big PewDiePie fan for quite around two years now (not before he became popular just long enough to know that I like most of his content), and I always see hate for him everywhere; can I do anything to clear up (or validate) misconceptions (or truths) about his content?

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

What's good about his videos?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Not really. Some people (like me) just don't find him funny. I used to watch him, but it's redundant, irritating, and overall disheartening. Also, the fanbase is ridiculous by even spreading hate to other peoples videos that say "PewDiePie did this first" or other crap like that.

If you enjoy them, that's great and keep enjoying them. Don't be one of those people who try to force your opinion down other people's throat and bringing hate to other parts of the internet.

I think PewDiePie is really funny. Honestly he should be on top because he still interacts with his fans. 

Smosh + others treat their YouTube channel more like a job, which technically it is. PDP still jokes around in his videos, and he doesn't do any obvious product placement. 

What's good about his videos?

Well, I personally enjoy his opinions, jokes, and reactions as they are displayed in a video. I find that he often brings light childish humor to more serious stories (The Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, and The Last of Us would be good examples), and the connections he displays to characters is fun for me to watch.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Not really. Some people (like me) just don't find him funny. I used to watch him, but it's redundant, irritating, and overall disheartening. Also, the fanbase is ridiculous by even spreading hate to other peoples videos that say "PewDiePie did this first" or other crap like that.

If you enjoy them, that's great and keep enjoying them. Don't be one of those people who try to force your opinion down other people's throat and bringing hate to other parts of the internet.

I'm not sure I can answer that as a question, as you're obviously fairly informed. I do try my best to force my opinions down others throats when I'm talking personal philosophy, but I'd never do that for media of any kind.

Have a wonderful day.

I don't know who watch his video other than girls who don't actually play the game. I've been watch some of his videos until I found out the funny parts are the same on every video which for a long term will make it looks annoying. I don't hate him though, because sometimes my sister watch his playthrough and I caught up on that and still enjoy it. I just don't get it how he got 8 million subs in just 5-10 months

Well, I personally enjoy his opinions, jokes, and reactions as they are displayed in a video. I find that he often brings light childish humor to more serious stories (The Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, and The Last of Us would be good examples), and the connections he displays to characters is fun for me to watch.

mmm, ok. I think the majority of people over 16 wouldn't find his videos or jokes interesting. I'd rather just play the games myself...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

If you're going to do a AMA use multiquote.
otherwise this can be considered post farming.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

mmm, ok. I think the majority of people over 16 wouldn't find his videos or jokes interesting. I'd rather just play the games myself...

My response to that post is the same as your avatar.

Why are PewDiePie such dicks on YouTube?

PewDiePie fans* I think you meant. The same reason console fans are 'such dicks'; there are so many pewdiepie fans that some of them are going to be annoying/bad people, the ones that you are often exposed to are the biggest dicks. The biggest dicks are more recognized than normal well meaning people because they don't stand out.

If you're going to do a AMA use multiquote.

otherwise this can be considered post farming.

How? this doesn't count towards my post count since it's in off topic right?

Have a wonderful day.

How does this video make you feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbVKL-Meo0

Well it seems like the audio for Youtube videos on the forum is broken because I had to go to Youtube for it to sound like it hadn't been run through a strange filter. Anyway the video seems kinda boring to me, I guess it makes me slightly insecure of my tastes, but that quickly fades.

Have a wonderful day.

I personally don't really care. I mean I am not a fan of him or whatever, but I personally have not seen his fans be very annoying in the videos/channels that I watch so I am fine with it. If the fans do flood over into the videos that I watch then I may start having a problem with it but it hasn't happened yet. If you or anyone else is a fan of him then so be it, we all enjoy watching different things.

"No signature"

How does this video make you feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbVKL-Meo0

I couldn't even watch more than 1min...

This guy should.. I don't know, grow up maybe. Never watched any videos of this guy, and I sure will never do. 

From what I've seen/heard during these 1 min of adult reaction, the guy seems to overact or play a role.. or both. Retarded or Attention Whore ? Hmm... the choice is tough.

he was funny back in a few years , but now I found him over reacting on playing games so not really interested watching his videos.

I watched a couple of episodes of his play through of the last of us, because I thought the game story was very interesting, but i found him very annoying, screaming and being silly in a very un-fun way :P Then I found "the last of us - the movie", with the cut scenes and the voice acted sections, and never looked back :P

So true...

i really hate this guys

just fake reactions to everything

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

what do you think about the fact that he's acting kinda normal when doing videos on the polaris network (formerly tgs)
And not using his trademark ear killing screeches.

When he acts like an adult it's alright to watch in my opinion

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't understand how people can find him funny. He just fakes over the top reactions and scream a lot of unfunny things. "lol he screamed rape he is so hilarious xD BRO!".

It really bothers me that PewDiePie gets so much attention and people who are actually funny (not just scream and are generally obnoxious) gets neglected. For funny gaming I prefer people like Fitzthistlewits and his videos such as the

Asking why some people don't like him is like asking "who don't people like Justin Beiber". Justin Beiber is to pubescence girls what PiewDiePie is to pubescence boys. They think it's the best thing ever, and everyone else sees it for the garbage it really is.

I think SpeedoSausage made a really good summary of PewDiePie in this video: