Ask a PewDiePie fan (Bro)

Umm, okay, I'm not sure you want an answer.

what do you think about the fact that he's acting kinda normal when doing videos on the polaris network (formerly tgs)
And not using his trademark ear killing screeches.
When he acts like an adult it's alright to watch in my opinion

I do prefer him without as many of the screeches, and I like that he's stopped saying rape all the time. So yes I like now him better than I did if that's what you're asking.

I don't understand how people can find him funny. He just fakes over the top reactions and scream a lot of unfunny things. "lol he screamed rape he is so hilarious xD BRO!".

It really bothers me that PewDiePie gets so much attention and people who are actually funny (not just scream and are generally obnoxious) gets neglected. For funny gaming I prefer people like Fitzthistlewits and his videos such as the

Asking why some people don't like him is like asking "who don't people like Justin Beiber". Justin Beiber is to pubescence girls what PiewDiePie is to pubescence boys. They think it's the best thing ever, and everyone else sees it for the garbage it really is.

I think SpeedoSausage made a really good summary of PewDiePie in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc982lZxaTI

For Fitzthistlewits, the video of his you linked to is a game review, by no means is it a let's play. A let's play is game-play with live commentary; I see that Fitsthistlewitz has a few let's plays but those aren't what you linked me to. I don't think PewDiePie is the best thing ever, but I enjoy a lots of his content. People hating Justin Beiber didn't make sense by the way; Justin Beiber became legitimately popular making his own music, and I would commend him for that. None of that means that I like Justin Beiber (I dislike his music), it just means I respect him for what he is. Although he's easier to hate now that the news is focusing on how much of an asshole he is (he appears to have become or always have been an enormous dick). Anyway, I'm not questioning why people don't like PewDiePie; I'm a fan trying to explain the reason I identify as his fan.

Why do you insist on posting these incessant topics with no goal but to simply plague everybody else on the forums?

My goal wasn't to plague anyone. I have stated my goal several times. I saw others having fun making AMAs so I wanted to try doing one, and I found two things I could make an AMA about.

I just think its anything but funny..

Well good on you then. Do you have a question?

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Oh srry I thought this was a thread discussing pdp

Ahm.. What's up ?? you got anything planned next couple of weeks ???

Got some summer projects to finish up, but I've done most of my vacationing for the summer. I'll probably go out wakeboarding or wakesurfing a few times, I guess that's all.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Naaahhh...I think theRadBrad is way better.and also TetraNinja..no nonsense but still funny at the same time.

How did he manage to get 10 million subscribers. I don't feel like he deserves it. I find him rather annoying and not funny. Also there are a lot of youtubers who interact with their fans even more so then pewdiepie yet they haven't even reached 1 million

Naaahhh...I think theRadBrad is way better.and also TetraNinja..no nonsense but still funny at the same time.

Cool.

How did he manage to get 10 million subscribers. I don't feel like he deserves it. I find him rather annoying and not funny. Also there are a lot of youtubers who interact with their fans even more so then pewdiepie yet they haven't even reached 1 million

Well obviously a lot of people like the videos he makes. While you may not feel like he deserves it others, like myself, think he deserves it more than Smosh does at this point. What stuff of his have you watched that you find rather annoying? He's definitely made his missteps. As for the Youtubers who interact with their fans more, I'd like to see some people who actually do. I think that it's impossible for him to talk to every fan (10 million subs at this point), it would be like trying to meet the entire population of New York (2 million more actually) while still putting out videos. I find that he does what is feasible for audience interaction.

Have a wonderful day.

Cool.

Well obviously a lot of people like the videos he makes. While you may not feel like he deserves it others, like myself, think he deserves it more than Smosh does at this point. What stuff of his have you watched that you find rather annoying? He's definitely made his missteps. As for the Youtubers who interact with their fans more, I'd like to see some people who actually do. I think that it's impossible for him to talk to every fan (10 million subs at this point), it would be like trying to meet the entire population of New York (2 million more actually) while still putting out videos. I find that he does what is feasible for audience interaction.

For one thing he overreacts a lot and i mean a lot. Also i tried going back to him yet i find his jokes rather silly and annoying. Also the voices he makes are not okay at all. Like seriously if he just talked normally it would be so much better. And for interaction Markiplier, EatMyDiction, Lolrenaynay, Goldglovetv, Toby turner, Sadaplays. While i understand its hard to interact with so many people it baffles me how he got to the point of having so many people watch him. I just don't understand

Genecidalic, on 20 Jul 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

For one thing he overreacts a lot and i mean a lot. Also i tried going back to him yet i find his jokes rather silly and annoying. Also the voices he makes are not okay at all. Like seriously if he just talked normally it would be so much better. And for interaction Markiplier, EatMyDiction, Lolrenaynay, Goldglovetv, Toby turner, Sadaplays. While i understand its hard to interact with so many people it baffles me how he got to the point of having so many people watch him. I just don't understand

Fair enough, if you don't see the appeal of his comedy it'd be hard to understand why so many people subscribe to him. Example: I for one can't stand Toby Turners personality, but I see that many others gravitate towards him and his humor, it's just not for me.

Note: His password rant video was genius though.

Have a wonderful day.

I heard that his fans threatend his girlfriend or something like that, is that true?

His fans are really getting out of control. Maybe he should buy a FAN CONTROLER! Hurdurdurdur...

But yeah like said before. I hate the screaming. I know that some people get scared really easily but that just feels fake.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

I heard that his fans threatend his girlfriend or something like that, is that true?

His fans are really getting out of control. Maybe he should buy a FAN CONTROLER! Hurdurdurdur...

But yeah like said before. I hate the screaming. I know that some people get scared really easily but that just feels fake.

Threats come with the territory of being famous, so yes, she has. Nothing serious has ever actually occurred though. I can understand distaste for screaming but I find it real so I can enjoy it.

Have a wonderful day.

Personally I don't think he's funny at all, and I think I'd like my eardrums intact.

If I had to choose I'm more of a Robbaz person.

­

Why are PewDiePie fans such dicks on YouTube?

Because they tend to still be in middle school.

i really hate this guys

just fake reactions to everything

Most if not all are fake.

post-1093-0-30180600-1374418862.png

<p>What are his best series? I kinda want to start watching videos of him that arent montages.</p>

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Personally I don't think he's funny at all, and I think I'd like my eardrums intact.

­

He overreacts and sometimes I think he even do it on purpose

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

­

This is why!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

and

He overreacts and sometimes I think he even do it on purpose

I'm sure he exaggerates emotion in videos. What do people expect though? Unless all you care about is game-play it would be incredibly boring to watch him sit quietly and play games. The goal of let's plays are to have fun commentary, if not every emotion is entirely realistic it's only because the LPer is trying to keep the commentary interesting. Being 'fake', acting if you will, is fine by my standards.

<p>What are his best series? I kinda want to start watching videos of him that arent montages.</p>

I've listed them in this thread already but in my opinion: Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, The Walking Dead, and Amnesia. He does lot's of fun one off stuff though, and to find that just look at whatever has a cool name.

Have a wonderful day.

I'm sure he exaggerates emotion in videos. What do people expect though? Unless all you care about is game-play it would be incredibly boring to watch him sit quietly and play games. The goal of let's plays are to have fun commentary, if not every emotion is entirely realistic it's only because the LPer is trying to keep the commentary interesting. Being 'fake', acting if you will, is fine by my standards.

There are two reasons why people watch LPs. It's either for jokes and laughter, or for information. Informative let's plays don't need to be boring though. I really like Chip's let's play of Bastion. He is very informative and I played the game while watching his LP. It was very helpful.

Chuggaaconroy is also a good example of a good informative let's play (at least his Pokémon let's plays, haven't seen anything else).

None of them scream about rape or fake reactions to make their LP's funnier. Game Grumps are pretty decent as well but I think they are a bit too loud and obnoxious from times to times. Another good LPer is Yahtzee Croshaw (aka Zero Punctuation). No screaming, no overused rape jokes or such things. Just calm and funny commentary:

Oh god please stop this AMA threads, it's just getting more stupid. Next thread is going to be "Ask a LinusTechTips Fan". Please mods do something (like creating an AMA section on the forum or whatever).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Oh god please stop this AMA threads, it's just getting more stupid. Next thread is going to be "Ask a LinusTechTips Fan". Please mods do something (like creating an AMA section on the forum or whatever).

I agree.

Also i have no idea how you can like someone like that his content is horrible and all his reactions are fake.

Hate is a strong word but i really do hate his contact and his fans they are all dicks. 

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

my reaction to this thread, pewdiepie, and his fans.  They can do their bro thing, thats fine, but their harassment of other youtube videos its unacceptable and is why he and his fans are hated so much.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64