This LTT video makes me wanna cry

Gala

If he broke a SMD resistor off the board, i would ask him what he would do.

ceramic.jpg

Look at C25. This is now a huge pain in the ass to repair. SMD electronics are very fragile to tearing and putting over PCIE slots like he did.

Hmmm, misterious black screen at the end of video??? No POST? Problemz???

Sounds like you need to watch the anti-climactic super-climactic conclusion to the journey, available now on Vessel.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

It seems like Linus stopped trying as hard a long time ago, like most people who work with something for a long time

I used to be really careful with all my computer parts and handle everything carefully by the edges. But after a while you just get tired of that crap. He sets the 780ti right down on the pcb, not a real problem but not something you would do if you were being careful. Plus he's Linus, if something breaks he just calls the company and gets a free replacement because they want him to have a good disposition towards them as a company

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

How dare he use $2k worth of graphics cards to balance the motherboard with $4,500 of processors on it.

*9k of processors

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

You read my thoughts. In my opinion this is what makes LTT entertain, similar to why Top Gear was the best, most successful car show in history.

Your Avatar...I approve.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

If he broke a SMD resistor off the board, i would ask him what he would do.

ceramic.jpg

Look at C25. This is now a huge pain in the ass to repair. SMD electronics are very fragile to tearing and putting over PCIE slots like he did.

Hmmm, misterious black screen at the end of video??? No POST? Problemz???

Maybe it's because a Server Motherboard's BIOS don't support duel GPU's?

Theirs definitely not a Part 2 or anything...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It seems like Linus stopped trying as hard a long time ago, like most people who work with something for a long time

I used to be really careful with all my computer parts and handle everything carefully by the edges. But after a while you just get tired of that crap. He sets the 780ti right down on the pcb, not a real problem but not something you would do if you were being careful. Plus he's Linus, if something breaks he just calls the company and gets a free replacement because they want him to have a good disposition towards them as a company

Yes and if i called and said "Hey EVGA, i put my Titan X on the PCB and a resistor broke off, can i get another one?", i would be put in a mental hospital and sued by EVGA.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

What the hell?

You are REALLY being an asshole towards that components and the companies the send you free shit!

Got a brand new Titan X for testing, uses it as a counterweight? Zip ties? Bending pins? Slamming with pliers to the motherboard?

Is this a fucking joke?

You are WAY to comfortable with the equipment you get to use.

That is why we love linus, for his style, if you wanna hate, please do it somewhere else

Yes and if i called and said "Hey EVGA, i put my Titan X on the PCB and a resistor broke off, can i get another one?", i would be put in a mental hospital and sued by EVGA.

I think you have a gross misunderstanding how lawsuits work...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I agree and disagree at the same time, he does try hard - to entertain! For all who missed the fact that he had to "Titan" the zip ties ;)

This ghetto style is the whole point of LTT.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Maaaaybe they just wouldn't send you another Titan X haha

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

last time I checked he didn't break any of it.

last time I checked none of the hardware he used for this build works like he would like it to work ;)

SPOILER

none of the 2 motherboards he used so far works with the 2 Titan X.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Maaaaybe they just wouldn't send you another Titan X haha

Maybe they would if i said i put them on my motherboard to counterweight it while it sits on a carboard box, while i ziptie my brand new Noctua cooler? Hmm

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

-snip-

What the hell?

You are REALLY being an asshole towards that components and the companies the send you free shit!

Got a brand new Titan X for testing, uses it as a counterweight? Zip ties? Bending pins? Slamming with pliers to the motherboard?

Is this a fucking joke?

You are WAY to comfortable with the equipment you get to use.

Had to remove one of the motherboard standoffs that had a screw stuck in it. Need counter weight as well. Took a gpu and psu, since they were the heaviest items near me. Does doing that break anything? No, as long as you know what you're doing, then it's fine. Can't be afraid of handling those type of components, the more you are, then there is a greater chance a mistake will be made and something goes wrong.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Refilling that salt mines. Usually a trip to Tech News & Reviews does the trick but this caught my eye. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Had to remove one of the motherboard standoffs that had a screw stuck in it. Need counter weight as well. Took a gpu and psu, since they were the heaviest items near me. Does doing that break anything? No, as long as you know what you're doing, then it's fine. Can't be afraid of handling those type of components, the more you are, then there is a greater chance something to go wrong.

Not affraid, just dont toss them around and handle them like a pile of shit, like he did in this video. Would you ziptie your CPU cooler on a 4500$ cpu, and POST without a cooler?

If he paid those components himself, i would ask him if he would toss them around like this.

No you wouldn't.

Not affraid, just dont toss them around and handle them like a pile of shit, like he did in this video. Would you ziptie your CPU cooler on a 4500$ cpu, and POST without a cooler?

If he paid those components himself, i would ask him if he would toss them around like this.

He does shit like that to get views; he knows what he's doing.

I'm glad someone is doing something like that because I've always wondered what it'd be like.

No you wouldn't.

He does shit like that to get views; he knows what he's doing.

I'm glad someone is doing something like that because I've always wondered what it'd be like.

Living for the day he calls up Nvidia and they plainly just say "No", like they did for the SLI Titan X video. Respect Nvidia for that!

I POST without a cooler. You know how long a POST is? Like literally 2 seconds. Just to make sure that nothing is dead before the proper break in. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

linus was a pc enterperneur.

he tested extreme pcs and had the fastest systems

one day, he was testing a systems

it posted. but he didnt know why.

liek if u cry everytim ;_;

Make that into a haiku and I'll even put it in my sig.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.