BIOSTAR introduces Skylake ready GAMING Z170X4 motherboard

PlayModeOn

I hope the heatsinks end up being AsRock's old dark copper style with golden/ yellow accents, that'd fill the void for golden builds AsRock left (and Asus' one was tacky)

They make extremely cheap bad motherboards. They are some of the cheapest motherboards, but they just have just terrible quality. 

Get out.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I hope the heatsinks end up being AsRock's old dark copper style with golden/ yellow accents, that'd fill the void for golden builds AsRock left (and Asus' one was tacky)

Get out.

This is biostar, not asrock...

This is biostar, not asrock...

I never said it was. I said I want someone to take over their Z77 era colour scheme.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Some motherboard brands, you may not have heard of.

PC CHIPs, A-Open, Abit, Azza, Epox, Sapphire, Soyo. DFI Lan Party. Epox is still alive and it's now called SUPox.

Here is a board from Soyo and Sapphire. Look white PCBs

2wgby1w.jpg

2pzmd6f.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So did Noctua partner with Biostar for this motherboard?

So did Noctua partner with Biostar for this motherboard?

Wrong kind of brown :P this is mud brown. noctua uses Poop BrownTM

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Biostar used to produce some record breaking boards back in the P45 days.

Wrong kind of brown :P this is mud brown. noctua uses Poop BrownTM

So does the P in your name stand for poop?

i have readed in some rumors, that for skylake the voltage regulation gets away from the chip again.

So this would be good news for overclock enthusiasts.

But this also means that for overclocking, boards with a decent vreg design are going to make sense again, on intels MS platforms.

So does the P in your name stand for poop?

no it stands for Pee(nis). Ask @AlwaysFSX

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

i have readed in some rumors, that for skylake the voltage regulation gets away from the chip again.

So this would be good news for overclock enthusiasts.

But this also means that for overclocking, boards with a decent vreg design are going to make sense again, on intels MS platforms.

Heard that too, good news if it's true.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

dat P

Dont forget it also stands for Pasulj

• 3 weeks later...

saw this update today. Looks like we get to see the heat spreaders.

biostar-z170.jpg

Also looks like it will include USB Type C

The feature list includes Type-C USB 3.1 connectivity and dual Gigabit Ethernet controllers. Onboard overclocking buttons abound, while plastic "armor" covers multiple regions. It looks like there are a couple of SATA Express ports on the right edge, as well.

Source: http://techreport.com/news/28450/skylake-boards-from-biostar-are-coming-in-august

saw this update today. Looks like we get to see the heat spreaders. 

-snip-

Source: http://techreport.com/news/28450/skylake-boards-from-biostar-are-coming-in-august

It's a really good looking Motherboard I think.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

i have a mother biostar with a 2500k running at 4.8 ghz 24/7 since 2 years already, and never had any issue.