My computing teacher thinks i am a big-headed dumbass cos of LTT

asim1999

I dont know why he hates me, he says that i "waste my time" on LTT, and that it doesn't teach you anything. I mean, what does the old man know anyway? Gets confused when i mention the word UEFI and runs an 8 year old PC with Linux. Just cos i know more than is required on the course (and never boasted about it), doesnt automatically make me a big headed prick.

Sorry for my rant, teacher said this to me on Wednesday on our last lesson before Study Leave. 

Your thoughts, what should i say to him?

EDIT: those of you thinking i am on it in class are mistaken, i do not use it in class, just told him about it once and this happened 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

No joke - make a test, a written test , the LTT community can think of some tech questions

and ask him to answer them - give him the whole of one lesson to answer - no google allowed

Be polite and just say "sir I have something fun for you, see if you can do this test"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If it's about you being on LTT class, understandable.

If not, tell him to fock off

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

drop the class if you can and dont waste time on him. i had an english teacher like him and i just let her do what she wants because she cant stand being corrected

yea make a test in google forms or something and email the link to him

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

If it's about you being on LTT class, understandable.

If not, tell him to fock off

eh? no, i dont go on it in class 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

I dont know why he hates me, he says that i "waste my time" on LTT, and that it doesn't teach you anything. I mean, what does the old man know anyway? Gets confused when i mention the word UEFI and runs an 8 year old PC with Linux. Just cos i know more than is required on the course (and never boasted about it), doesnt automatically make me a big headed prick.

Sorry for my rant, teacher said this to me on Wednesday on our last lesson before Study Leave. 

lol i'd tell him to suck my dick tbh  :lol:

i would be pissed too so that's all i'd say to him 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

drop the class if you can and dont waste time on him. i had a english teacher like him and i just let her do what she wants because she cant stand being corrected

Course ended this wednesday and final exam is in 2 weeks. Can't wait to end this crap. Thanks for your experience 

How does him saying you shouldn't be on LTT in class, make you believe he thinks you're a big headed prick... 

EDIT: Also, I'm sure if i mentioned UEFI to my course tutor he wouldn't know as much about it... He admits that with a lot of newer developments, he's been into computing for decades and is a frickin genius. Nothing wrong with running an 8 year old PC with Linux. 

lol i'd tell him to suck my dick tbh  :lol:

i would be pissed too so that's all i'd say to him 

A guy born in 1957 sucking your nuts? I wouldn't. 

How does him saying you shouldn't be on LTT in class, make you believe he thinks you're a big headed prick... 

No, i am NOT on it in class, just told him about  LTT once, and he insulted me 

Replace his thermal paste with nutella.

Please don't

with his level of knowledge he probably got some crap thermal paste and nutella actually works surprisingly well lol

I like the test idea, but print it out so that he can't easily use google.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

eh? no, i dont go on it in class 

Well you didn't mention if it was in class or not and since your teacher knew about you being on LTT, I assumed it was because you were on it in class :P

But don't bother with your teacher. he's not worth it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A guy born in 1957 sucking your nuts? I wouldn't. 

DEEZ NUTZ

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I'd get him on recording doing it again, and then complain to the principals office.

But that's just me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lets see.

Average teacher salary: 90k a year

Linus: 90k in free stuff and ?0k/?00k? Idk

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

HE is not on in class. He thinks ltt is stupid in general

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Lets see.

Average teacher salary: 90k a year

Linus: 90k in free stuff and ?0k/?00k? Idk

Far as I know, 90k is WELL above average for a teacher.

Also, I'd just comeback at him with "those who can't do, teach" and walk out.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

with his level of knowledge he probably got some crap thermal paste and nutella actually works surprisingly well lol

He's using the "toothpaste spread it with the toothbrush method"

No, i am NOT on it in class, just told him about  LTT once, and he insulted me 

Ahh... Well, he's older than you... Times were different when he was learning. Just tell the old prick times have changed and he should accept that people learn in various ways, not just sitting down with a textbook. 

He's using the "toothpaste spread it with the toothbrush method"

Yeah, he built his PC 8 years ago, so i get your point 

Far as I know, 90k is WELL above average for a teacher.

Also, I'd just comeback at him with "those who can't do, teach" and walk out.

You are right. 

1. Taking home $58,260 on average, high school teachers make salaries comparable to those of elementary school teachers ($56,320), middle school teachers ($56,630), and school counselors ($56,160). Salaries vary a little more for other professionals who work within a school system.
I was considering teachers in my spoiled rich little town.