Playable framerate for GTA5?

PierreCCesario

Just wanna see your guy's opinion on what's a good framerate for GTA 5. This'll really help me in deciding on whether to get the 970 or 280.

i5 4590 | Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | MSi H97 Gaming 3 | 8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz | 1TB WD Blue | ADATA SP900 128GB | Seasonic M12II 620W | NZXT. S340 (Black & Red) |

69fps.

/jk

Personally I am okay with 45+, but many people swear by 60 (or even 100+).

Also, why not turn down the settings to get 60fps anyways???

@PierreCCesario don't forget to follow your topics.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Above 45,3rd person games im lenient on. Anyone else get crazy frame tear?

You people and your 60+ FPS elitism, I run at 29.5 FPS.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

60fps for me, the game looks great running nice and smooth

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You people and your 60+ FPS elitism, I run at 29.5 FPS.

If you honestly like that i'd be surprised.

Playable? So long as it's not dropping below around 35-40, it's okay. You want a consistent FPS more than anything, as the variations in FPS is what you'll notice. 

For me, I turn down settings to get it running at 50-60FPS constantly (GSync) so I don't notice any drops, but if I weren't using GSync I would have it pinned at 60 or above. 

60 plus. Anything below is unacceptable for a PC game. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Anything around 60 or higher but 45 upwards is totally playable for most people.

69fps.

/jk

Personally I am okay with 45+, but many people swear by 60 (or even 100+).

Also, why not turn down the settings to get 60fps anyways???

@PierreCCesario don't forget to follow your topics.

Above 45,3rd person games im lenient on. Anyone else get crazy frame tear?

If it's under 50fps, I will not enjoy myself at all.

Playable, not enjoyable.

60fps for me, the game looks great running nice and smooth

Playable? So long as it's not dropping below around 35-40, it's okay. You want a consistent FPS more than anything, as the variations in FPS is what you'll notice. 

For me, I turn down settings to get it running at 50-60FPS constantly (GSync) so I don't notice any drops, but if I weren't using GSync I would have it pinned at 60 or above. 

Ok cool! Thanks for the response :)

i5 4590 | Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | MSi H97 Gaming 3 | 8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz | 1TB WD Blue | ADATA SP900 128GB | Seasonic M12II 620W | NZXT. S340 (Black & Red) |

Vsync 45fps looks good for me.

If your blind you can enjoy 0 fps and be very satisfied.

But with 0fps, you still can't enjoy the music in the game.

#mindblown #rekt

If you honestly like that i'd be surprised.

A stable 30fps is decent. 60fps is better, but sometimes you gotta work with what you have

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The game at the moment is quite badly optimised for AMD cards, so if your focus is very much on GTA V I'd go 970.

Playable frame rates depend on what you're used to, if you get 30-40 FPS with your current games on your current setup you'll more than likely find 30-40 FPS playable in GTA V.

How the fuck do you vsync to 45 fps?

Set a custom resolution with 45Hz refresh rate in the nvidia control panel.

What I've found is you gotta turn down the grass textures and keep the shadows off the Nvidia or amd setting , those two seem to murder fps.

Otherwise anything above 55fps = good to go with my monitor (tears baaaad under 55fps)

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

The game at the moment is quite badly optimised for AMD cards, so if your focus is very much on GTA V I'd go 970.

Playable frame rates depend on what you're used to, if you get 30-40 FPS with your current games on your current setup you'll more than likely find 30-40 FPS playable in GTA V.

Yes, I just have to wait for the prices to go down. The thing is, i'm stuck with a laptop now. It can play some basic games at decent framerates. It is kinda weird how different games can have different fps but still look smooth e.g. Game A is running at 30 and Game B is running and 40 I don't see much of a diff. Maybe its just the game?

Yes, I just have to wait for the prices to go down. The thing is, i'm stuck with a laptop now. It can play some basic games at decent framerates. It is kinda weird how different games can have different fps but still look smooth e.g. Game A is running at 30 and Game B is running and 40 I don't see much of a diff. Maybe its just the game?

as long as the frame times are low you'll probably have a good experience at most fps

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

This'll really help me in deciding on whether to get the 970 or 280.

May I ask why? I mean those 2 are not even comparable. If you said 280x that would make more sense, but 280 vs 970... 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Get a 290 (non-x)

My system gets 60 fps consistently with the AMD optimized drivers for gta 5