Project Delta. [Finished?] [updated: 02/17/15 A big update]

Antibull

Hello lads,

I am going to build a white and black build, and no it wont be in a h440 :ph34r: . Why the name Delta? Well I like the word and it is not my first build and it will not be my last build 

The Specs for now are.

CPU: i3-4160  (Will upgrade after summer vacation)
Mobo: MSI z97 KRAIT
RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury White  
CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Black 
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 g2
GPU: GTX 660 Gaming edition. Painted with white accents.
SSD: Kingston Hyperx 3k 120GB
HDD: 2x 1tb WD
CPU cooler: H60 2013 edition

Update 02/12/15

PSU arrived, this box is huge( didn't had a banana so apple for scale):
29amh2.jpg
And the PSU:
6r32hd.jpg

Update 02/13/15

I am pissed cuz my case and mobo still aren't here. The deliver company says I am on vacation and that is why I didn't receive my package, well I am clearly not on vacation. Will get my package by monday -.- ffs.

Started to paint the GPU today here are some pictures: 

34q1b9e.jpg

Bye bye warranty sticker

msmzvt.jpg

Got everything separated.

Forgot to take a picture with the masking tape on it :/, And i can't remove the fans from the bearing so probably not painting them. 

Update 02/15/15

A little update, this is how the shrouds looks for now, I am not realy pleased with the paint job but it is a good 10ft mod :P And it is my first time painting something with a paint can. 

2w23n2a.jpg

The paint should be done at around 8PM CET, just need to add like 2 more layers. 

I will get the mobo and case tomorrow and would finaly be able to put everything together . 

Buy one White stick and one black RAM stick, then upgrade in future with one of each :)

Wanted to buy 2 white now and 2 in the future tho :P, but also thinking about 1 black 1 white. But that will add like 10 euro's :/  So 20 in total

Wanted to buy 2 white now and 2 in the future tho :P, but also thinking about 1 black 1 white. But that will add like 10 euro's :/  So 20 in total

I just realised that having two colors without filling all slots will look bad, get 2 white now and get 2 blakc in the future

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

:o 28 minutes ago...

ORDERS ARE ABOUT TO BE PLACED!

Hop on the HYPE TRAIN 2961.gif

Well sad thing is the Phanteks luxe will be here in 2 days :/ and the RAM will be here tomorrow. But I got a buyer for my CPU and MOBO coming over tomorrow if everything is going as planned. Then I will get my new CPU and Mobo in 2 days :D 

I like your idea. I am doing a similar build with a white enthoo luxe case. Can't wait to see yours.

IronHide v-4.0 - Current: 2700k (@5.0ghz), MSI Z77 GD65, G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2133, EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLI, Asus Xonar DX 7.1, Kingston ssDNow 240GB Raid 0 SSD, WD Black 2TB Raid 0, Corsair Gold AX 1200, Corsair 800D (Customized), Custom watercooling loop.

SnoBot - In Progress: 4790k, EVGA Z97 Classified, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 2400, Galax GTX 980 HOF SLi, Creative Sound Blaster Z (Customized), Intel 730 480GB x 4 Raid 0, WD Black 3TB, Corsair AX 1200i, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe White (Customized), Custom Intel All-in-One Liquid Cooler, 

I like your idea. I am doing a similar build with a white enthoo luxe case. Can't wait to see yours.

Now i want to see yours. When will you build it?

@topic.

A quick update. I have recieved my RAM but in all my hype I ordered one stick of 8 gb instead of two of 4gb. ;/. Case will arive tomorrow.  

The buyer for the CPU and MOBO didn't show up this morning probably going to send it to him. 

But there is good news, I found a buyer for my PSU. So I will need a new one, anyone got suggestions? 

Now i want to see yours. When will you build it?

@topic.

A quick update. I have recieved my RAM but in all my hype I ordered one stick of 8 gb instead of two of 4gb. ;/. Case will arive tomorrow.

The buyer for the CPU and MOBO didn't show up this morning probably going to send it to him.

But there is good news, I found a buyer for my PSU. So I will need a new one, anyone got suggestions?

I have a build log started on here, but have gotten side tracked with life. Daughter has a funny way of distracting me (she's 8 months), plus I am re-doing my computer room (see taking it over from the fiance). But I will be starting back on it this weekend hopefully.

Now back on topic. What is your budget for a power supply?

IronHide v-4.0 - Current: 2700k (@5.0ghz), MSI Z77 GD65, G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2133, EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLI, Asus Xonar DX 7.1, Kingston ssDNow 240GB Raid 0 SSD, WD Black 2TB Raid 0, Corsair Gold AX 1200, Corsair 800D (Customized), Custom watercooling loop.

SnoBot - In Progress: 4790k, EVGA Z97 Classified, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 2400, Galax GTX 980 HOF SLi, Creative Sound Blaster Z (Customized), Intel 730 480GB x 4 Raid 0, WD Black 3TB, Corsair AX 1200i, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe White (Customized), Custom Intel All-in-One Liquid Cooler, 

I have a build log started on here, but have gotten side tracked with life. Daughter has a funny way of distracting me (she's 8 months), plus I am re-doing my computer room (see taking it over from the fiance). But I will be starting back on it this weekend hopefully.

Now back on topic. What is your budget for a power supply?

I already bought a PSU, I wanted a cheap one first that is why I asked, but I decided that it's better not to cheap out, so I went ahead and purchased the EVGA Supernova 850g2, and I have it right now :)

Still waiting on the Mobo and Case should arive within 2 hours. 

@topic probably going to paint my GPU, just the visible heatsink part and the red accents 

Edited by Antibull

Evrything finaly arrived today, yay :D. I still want to upgrade the CPU, the h60 to a h80i. And i still want to ad another ram stick, a second gtx 660 gaming which I will paint ofc and a let strip.

The full specs as for now: 

CPU                    intel core i3-4160

CPU COOLER     Corsair h60 2013 edition

RAM                   Kingston hyperX Fury white 8GB @1866hz

MOBO                MSI Krait sli edition z97s

PSU                   EVGA Supernova 850g2

GPU                   GTX 660 gaming

CASE                 Phanteks enthoo Luxe

HDD                   2x 1tb WD 

SSD                    Kingston Hyperx 3k 120GB

But for now let's enjoy the pictures :

The box galore: 

2wm189h.jpg

And the sexy mobo:25u0k9k.jpg

Installing CPU cooler and RAM:

214zajp.jpg

That sexy phanteks enthoo luxe, It is bigger than I thought (that's what she said):

2eyg8jk.jpg

I installed the PSU first because I got a static shock when touching the case so I wanted to make sure it wat grounded. And EVGA knows how to package their stuff, the box felt realy expensive and the bags for the psu and cables are just awesome:

105noeu.jpg

Mobo installed, starting to look good:

sv2nbd.jpg

And now for the GPU here is the finished product (don't worry about the cray spot above the logo it is just dust or something):

xqb70z.jpg

GPU installed:

34q340g.jpg

And the glamour shot:

im1jx0.jpg

That sleepy doggy :D 

ngolq8.jpg