Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

Suspicion is not evidence. All we have are suspicions. The U.S. citizenry suspects the government is planning to toss any dissidents into FEMA work camps.  Does that make them right? I'm so sick and tired of the blind defense of people and companies. If a human can make a mistake, any collection of humans can make a mistake, including a company as big as Nvidia (referring to the released spec sheet of the 970)

Pure delusion right there .

If NVIDIA didnt know about it at launch they sure as hell realized it later and decided not to tell anyone and let people unearth their skeletons which is shady as crap.

There is no excuse and the mere fact people go out and defend them for what they did will only incentive them to do whatever the hell they want without giving a thought 

to its morality .

After extensive testing on both AMD and Nvidia machines, I have taken a screen shot to prove once and for all what gamewroks does to AMD cards.

You have to look closely but you can definitely see a difference in resolution and texture quality between the unoptimized AMD result and the heavily biased monopolizing effects of gameworks on Nvidia cards:

witchery.png

As someone who gets paid by Nvidia to defend them on internet forums, it's AMD's fault that the game looks like that on their cards. Nvidia has superior quality in every aspect, obviously.

As someone who gets paid by Nvidia to defend them on internet forums, it's AMD's fault that the game looks like that on their cards. Nvidia has superior quality in every aspect, obviously.

Kinda is AMDs fault if they're not gonna send over programmers to help developers along with optimizing their game for their drivers and cards. 

Just saying. In the ideal world, developers wouldn't be two bit hacks, but we aren't in that world. Simple fact is AMD is too damn poor to focus on things and Nvidia owns 3/4 the market so who the hell will a developer gravitate towards? 

Pure delusion right there .

If NVIDIA didnt know about it at launch they sure as hell realized it later and decided not to tell anyone and let people unearth their skeletons which is shady as crap.

There is no excuse and the mere fact people go out and defend them for what they did will only incentive them to do whatever the hell they want without giving a thought 

to its morality .

Businesses are not nor ever will be moral entities. You're the one living in fantasy land. I can totally believe some marketing first year accidentally didn't save a file right before a deadline and that file ended up being printed a couple million times and going into a product shipped to store shelves. It happened to IBM with the Power 7 owner manuals too, and I bet if you dig hard enough you'll find equally big mistakes from all sorts of companies the world over.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Kinda is AMDs fault if they're not gonna send over programmers to help developers along with optimizing their game for their drivers and cards. 

Just saying. In the ideal world, developers wouldn't be two bit hacks, but we aren't in that world. Simple fact is AMD is too damn poor to focus on things and Nvidia owns 3/4 the market so who the hell will a developer gravitate towards? 

Nvidia should just buy AMD.

tumblr_nhkk50PAQg1sgk8jko1_500.gif

Nvidia should just buy AMD.

tumblr_nhkk50PAQg1sgk8jko1_500.gif

That would be suicide for Nvidia, they'd get broken up.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That would be suicide for Nvidia, they'd get broken up.

No dude. They'd be even more superior than they are now. They could just buy up all of the patents and shit AMD owns; compete with Intel with actual working CPU's and then own the Mantle API. Everything is perfect.

If you haven't caught on by now, I'm parodying the accusations against me and other members.

No dude. They'd be even more superior than they are now. They could just buy up all of the patents and shit AMD owns; compete with Intel with actual working CPU's and then own the Mantle API. Everything is perfect.

If you haven't caught on by now, I'm parodying the accusations against me and other members.

And then when a game doesn't work as well on particular tier of card they can blame themselves for artificially gimping their own product to get more sales on another. :unsure: :blink:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If anything else fails use sarcasm .

If anything else fails, use tired arguments with no actual evidence that are easily disputed and disproven.

Get rekt homeboy.

Even then Intel would still be way beyond everyone because they have their own fabs and are ahead 2-4 years at this point they're unbeatable unless AMD get's their own fabs which is not going to happen.

Maybe they'll catch up when we have to change away from silicon but I doubt it as Intel is already working on other materials.

RTX2070OC 

how dare you, you've hurt my feelings.

759.gif

if anything failed, is that you failed to understand what you are saying makes absolutely zero sense and all speculation

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Even then Intel would still be way beyond everyone because they have their own fabs and are ahead 2-4 years at this point they're unbeatable unless AMD get's their own fabs which is not going to happen.

Maybe they'll catch up when we have to change away from silicon but I doubt it as Intel is already working on other materials.

My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

AMD did have their own fabs. Long story short they had to spin them off.

PMSL

Nope, that's just us having fun and making the forums a more jovial place to be,  because the debate was done and dusted 10 pages ago.  We are not going to keep posting the same evidence because certain members refuse to accept it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nope, that's just us having fun and making the forums a more jovial place to be,  because the debate was done and dusted 10 pages ago.  We are not going to keep posting the same evidence because certain members refuse to accept it.

Or read it.

PMSL

Or read it.

maybe even go as far to say "understand it"

Honestly though, am I the only one who remembers when devs gave 2 shits about games? Because the current ones just don't care at all. (Though some indie devs are an exception).

PMSL

My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

I was just pointing out that even if something like that would happen it would still not really change anything on the CPU side.

RTX2070OC 

maybe even go as far to say "understand it"

What's hard to understand? Nvidia and AMD aren't at fault for having to optimize their drivers to work around bugs left by lazy devs. If people don't understand that then 1 word describes them perfectly.

PMSL

What's hard to understand? Nvidia and AMD aren't at fault for having to optimize their drivers to work around bugs left by lazy devs. If people don't understand that then 1 word describes them perfectly.

But that's been their job for years, and that's the main reason why they have driver updates to begin with. In a perfect world where devs understand both vendor's video card drivers we'd be fine, but that's not going to happen in a realistic time frame. It's more efficient from my understand to work with the vendors to get it working properly.

I personally don't absolve AMD and Nvidia of all responsibility, Like kloaked has said there will always need to be work on drivers from each end to maintain performance and feature development. However at the end of the day it's the dev's that choose what libraries they use and how they implement them.

Honestly though, am I the only one who remembers when devs gave 2 shits about games? Because the current ones just don't care at all. (Though some indie devs are an exception).

In what aspect?

I personally don't absolve AMD and Nvidia of all responsibility, Like kloaked has said there will always need to be work on drivers from each end to maintain performance and feature development. However at the end of the day it's the dev's that choose what libraries they use and how they implement them.

Granted, but the way some games have turned out at launch, devs are being lazy as there is no excuse for how badly their games performed on graphics cards from both vendors.

PMSL

In what aspect?

Indie devs generally show at least some pride in their games. AAA companies don't. (Aka indie devs care about their games, AAA companies are in for all the $$$ they can get with their rapidly churned out clones and DLC)

PMSL