AMD Radeon 9970 specs!

M-ursu

well i think single monitor gaming is better anyway  :rolleyes:

Love my PA248Q! ^.^

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Love my PA248Q! ^.^

i sometimes think of selling the titans and get a 780 instead and throwing my other 2 monitors out of the window -_-

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

i sometimes think of selling the titans and get a 780 instead and throwing my other 2 monitors out of the window -_-

2 TITANS = $2000. 3 780's = $1950. Keep your monitors for like stat pages when you're playing games.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

im really exited for 4k monitors :) im planing on selling my monitors and buy a single 4k one :P

I may be willing to buy one  :P  Is it less than 160 CAD? I'm serious.

Quote me to get a reply!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait till u see GTX790.

If we ever see it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Do we even see 750?

Not currently.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I am just wondering that why it aint out yet.

Nvidia probably want to make as much money as possible by leaving the 760 as their only mid end card to avoid competing with themselves >_> no realising the AMD will just continue to slash prices like serial killers and just own price/performance yet again with the 7950 being the same price or even cheaper! (in some cases) than the 760.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I just bought a MSI GTX 760 GE •_•

Looks good on paper compared to other models for the $ =|

._. Wow... I feel bad for you :/ the 7950 out performs that for days....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Nvidia probably want to make as much money as possible by leaving the 760 as their only mid end card to avoid competing with themselves >_> no realising the AMD will just continue to slash prices like serial killers and just own price/performance yet again with the 7950 being the same price or even cheaper! (in some cases) than the 760.

Isn't competing with yourself optimal? And not directed at you necessarily, but why did they skip the 8000 series?

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

Isn't competing with yourself optimal? And not directed at you necessarily, but why did they skip the 8000 series?

Amd skipped it because nvidia did not have anything better than 680 at the time, and 8970 was only 5-10% faster than 7970.

AMD did not skip the 8000 series. This needs to be pinned. The 8000 series are OEM. It's on AMD's own website.

AMD did not skip the 8000 series. This needs to be pinned. The 8000 series are OEM. It's on AMD's own website.

I know, i have use 8970! :)

(But only for few minutes, i got it from my uncle who works for AMD)

Here's hoping for no coil whine on the stock cards.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Well if they can deliver these before the 780's it should be nice since there are no 780's to be seen around here whatsoever. :P

Can't wait to see some unboxing !

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410