AMD Radeon 9970 specs!

M-ursu

I never buy stock cards, the stock look always looks lame, with Sapphire already working on the new 9970, expect a sexy looking 9970 in October.

You just insulted the GTX TITAN, 690, and 780's shroud! D: IMO, I dont think it looks lame, I think it looks rather fancy. 

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Looking forward to the Windforce 9970 myself.

Windforce looks pretty nice.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I never buy stock cards, the stock look always looks lame, with Sapphire already working on the new 9970, expect a sexy looking 9970 in October.

i think the Titan,780,770 's reference coolers look better than anytin out there.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Titan's cooler is the best looking reference cooler i've seen so far. No doubt about that.  :lol:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Titan's cooler is the best looking reference cooler i've seen so far. No doubt about that.  :lol:

exactly. :wub:  only reason im not buying non-ref coolers i hope the 9970 will come up with a sexy design too :D

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

exactly. :wub:  only reason im not buying non-ref coolers i hope the 9970 will come up with a sexy design too :D

Why everyone likes reference coolers, they do not perform well, they look ugly(not 780,770 and titan) and they are loud.

The OP's specs have been proven false a while ago.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/20/amds-volcanic-islands-architecture/

And realistically, 4096 stream processors and a 512 width bus is a bit far fetched.

I am also expecting 2560 stream processors on the 9970, and maybe 2304 on the 9950.

I really hope they don't price gouge like Nvidia did with their Titan and make it super expensive just because it performs slightly better.

Added to the fact that their FX 9590 seems ridiculously overpriced already

If it has Titan-like performance for around 400-500, I would instantly buy it.

Why everyone likes reference coolers, they do not perform well, they look ugly(not 780,770 and titan) and they are loud.

mines look sexy and there is no non-ref for it so... deal with it.

Hawaii is known too have volcanoes that erupt like a mad titan.

hawaii it self is a volcanic island . it can blow up anytime O.O (actualy when i say so)

Its good to see new hardware on the red side they need it. The 7000 series was out before the 600 I am expecting a huge leap in performance. And bring on Never Settle BF4 RTW 2 ermagud.

Its good to see new hardware on the red side they need it. The 7000 series was out before the 600 I am expecting a huge leap in performance. And bring on Never Settle BF4 RTW 2 ermagud.

That would be awsome!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

The OP's specs have been proven false a while ago.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/20/amds-volcanic-islands-architecture/

And realistically, 4096 stream processors and a 512 width bus is a bit far fetched.

I am also expecting 2560 stream processors on the 9970, and maybe 2304 on the 9950.

I really hope they don't price gouge like Nvidia did with their Titan and make it super expensive just because it performs slightly better.

Added to the fact that their FX 9590 seems ridiculously overpriced already

If it has Titan-like performance for around 400-500, I would instantly buy it.

Well nvida on there Titan card was not looking for the gamers, it was looking for someone that would take most of it's cuda and it's power for really complicated for people who 3d render. 

$$金Trill金$$

Well nvida on there Titan card was not looking for the gamers, it was looking for someone that would take most of it's cuda and it's power for really complicated for people who 3d render. 

The FX-9590 is just a PR Show, the FX-9650 is the one I want to see.

this thread started of well and has turn into a bit of a troll thread. getting back to topic......... If these are the specs of a 9970 are true and a 9950 is a cut down version that is a bit cheaper then i'll be getting one for sure. maybe with a gigabyte windforce or msi twin frozr i'll have to decide when they have been reviewed. i'm not getting one straight away because they will perform really badly with the first few drivers. maybe Christmas or new year i'll get one.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

this thread started of well and has turn into a bit of a troll thread. getting back to topic......... If these are the specs of a 9970 are true and a 9950 is a cut down version that is a bit cheaper then i'll be getting one for sure. maybe with a gigabyte windforce or msi twin frozr i'll have to decide when they have been reviewed. i'm not getting one straight away because they will perform really badly with the first few drivers. maybe Christmas or new year i'll get one.

Yeah, I agree with you big time. I would really wait for the drivers to fully mature, and become more stable after a few months.

I am going to buy it even if i use single 1080p monitor.

That's what I'm going to use. I don't think my parents will let me buy a 4K monitor or even a 1440p.

Quote me to get a reply!

Yeah, I agree with you big time. I would really wait for the drivers to fully mature, and become more stable after a few months.

yes nvidia's transition from 600 to 700 series has been very sooth in terms of drivers but that wasn't a new architecture. i think with amd using a new architecture, it will take them a few months to make all those extra cores and bandwidth efficient enough to see big performance increases.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

yes nvidia's transition from 600 to 700 series has been very sooth in terms of drivers but that wasn't a new architecture. i think with amd using a new architecture, it will take them a few months to make all those extra cores and bandwidth efficient enough to see big performance increases.

i agree on that.

That's what I'm going to use. I don't think my parents will let me buy a 4K monitor or even a 1440p.

im really exited for 4k monitors :) im planing on selling my monitors and buy a single 4k one :P

im really exited for 4k monitors :) im planing on selling my monitors and buy a single 4k one :P

-.- I only have 1 monitor... D:

-.- I only have 1 monitor... D:

well i think single monitor gaming is better anyway  :rolleyes: