Intel Sneaky Tricks Against AMD CPUs Surface.

It was updated well into 2013 -_- .

http://www.agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49

Quote after the latest release from intel.

They don't work yes.

The last entry was 2010 I can't see a 2013 date???, and I am still having trouble accepting that the bobcat cpus just stop working.  Trying to think of a read world example.

DAMN I have to go I have a big day in front of me.... to be continued.  :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Time to see really how far deep this Intel sponsorship goes.

Intel can do whatever they want with their libraries, as long as there is an alternative, and Yeppp! seems to be in good shape

Also, this:

post-261-0-88843200-1373902781_thumb.png

post-261-0-48775700-1373902907_thumb.jpg

(First capture from 2010, second capture from 2012)

these big boys are not friends of course they will play the game dirty!

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

AMD is not clean either. Intel may be a dirty, greedy company, but AMD isn't any better.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

AMD is not clean either. Intel may be a dirty, greedy company, but AMD isn't any better.

That's bull crap frankly, if AMD wasn't any better we would have heard about it, but we only hear about intel's back door dirty tricks and anti consumer practices.

That's bull crap frankly, if AMD wasn't any better we would have heard about it, but we only hear about intel's back door dirty tricks and anti consumer practices.

Bulldozer. Hyping it up, only to cancel launch, but continue making motherboards for it...and then at least after the 30 days of being able to return it...releasing the CPUs that performed terribly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Bulldozer. Hyping it up, only to cancel launch, but continue making motherboards for it...and then at least after the 30 days of being able to return it...releasing the CPUs that performed terribly.

That's hardly AMD's fault, people hear 8 cores & they go nuts, the delay was the exact opposite of an anti consumer practice, they actually tried to make the product better, that's the whole point of delays.

It's still absolutely uncomparable to a company that bulldozes peoples homes in occupied land to build fabs, YES intel actually did that, they're known as fab 18 & fab 28.

Tiny Tom Logan was wrong about many things in his 8350 rant video, and he even admits it, so don't read too much into it.

The last entry was 2010 I can't see a 2013 date???, and I am still having trouble accepting that the bobcat cpus just stop working.  Trying to think of a read world example.

DAMN I have to go I have a big day in front of me.... to be continued.  :)

You must be blind then. Scroll down.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Great discussion topic. Added to The WAN Show topics for this week.

Edit: Just saw some comments in this thread that seem to suggest that because Intel sponsors some of our content that we aren't willing to say anything negative about them. Not true at all.

I have a strong feeling Linus is not going to cover this in the live stream even though he covered similar Apple-Samsung, Microsoft-Sony subjects just because of his intel sponsorship, that's why I hate sponsorships.

Edit: Just saw some comments in this thread that seem to suggest that because Intel sponsors some of our content that we aren't willing to say anything negative about them. Not true at all.

Well that's one way to show me up, I'm impressed.

Good guy Linus !

I'm hoping you won't try to water it down.

I know that AMD had always been bad at getting their processors out the door and Bulldozer was an example of this. I know this because my Dad used to work at AMD during the time when the Athlon 64 was being designed.

Back from the dead....

You must be blind then. Scroll down.

ha ha ha ha, I followed the first expanded tree to the end, then the next new tree was called web parallels and after that was called cupid manipulation so I assumed they were different topics.

My apologies I will go back and read them.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So I was right, you didn't talk about this at all on the WAN show...

Intel playing dirty again? Whats new? But am sure AMD would try if they thought they could get away with it and benchmarking tools being biased is not new at all I do remember several software tools that would give better results, X brand vs Y brand just dont ask me to remember what they were called.  :P 

I always knew that Intel played dirty just like any other company, but it's extra bad that my crappy laptop could probably compile code faster than my much more powerful desktop just because one is running an AMD CPU..

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

If everything was flipped,(AMD being king, Intel being in AMD's place) AMD would me doing the exact same thing. AMD is not your friend, just as much as Intel isn't. They just can't get away with the same thing.

I guess all companys play dirty to an extent, doesn't bother me really.

If in anything it makes the environment more competitive

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

Hasn't Intel always played dirty with AMD, such as when they paid retailers to only sell PCs with Intel CPUs?

Paid or not many local PC stores still sell Intel CPUs/mobos exclusively

I find it odd that it wasn't mentioned in the WAN show, afterparty or topics document...

What is this Linus using sneaky tactics to avoid talking about intel's sneaky tactics? Tactic-ception?! Better grab your tinfoil hats guy!111oneoneeleven

Tbf I am not surprised and would not be surprised if pretty much 99% of all corporations in all of human history used some dirty tricks to pretend they are better then the competitors.

Intel is guilty but I am sure that if someone ran the same tests for AMD they'd find that AMD is doing exactly the same. I am kinda disappointed in Linus for not mentioning it though maybe this is something for the next WAN show? For real this time maybe?

I find it odd that it wasn't mentioned in the WAN show, afterparty or topics document...

What is this Linus using sneaky tactics to avoid talking about intel's sneaky tactics? Tactic-ception?! Better grab your tinfoil hats guy!111oneoneeleven

Tbf I am not surprised and would not be surprised if pretty much 99% of all corporations in all of human history used some dirty tricks to pretend they are better then the competitors.

Intel is guilty but I am sure that if someone ran the same tests for AMD they'd find that AMD is doing exactly the same. I am kinda disappointed in Linus for not mentioning it though maybe this is something for the next WAN show? For real this time maybe?

That is true, every big company only got to where it is today by using every dirty trick in the book.  People are selfish horrid creatures and the more money you stand to make the more horrid and selfish you become.

If everything was flipped,(AMD being king, Intel being in AMD's place) AMD would me doing the exact same thing. AMD is not your friend, just as much as Intel isn't. They just can't get away with the same thing.

If everything were flipped we would be calling AMD out just like we're calling out intel on their illegal and/or immoral practices, this is not an excuse for intel or any other company for that matter.