Liberland - the new European nation that runs off of Bitcoin

TopWargamer

And they'll probably have gigabit before all of America.

Liberland: sponsored by Google Fiber

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I've another question

Err... Where does the poop go?

Just throwing it to the water is too "ew" as it would be near water extraction

This is a signature.

I've another question

Err... Where does the poop go?

Just throwing it to the water is too "ew" as it would be near water extraction

Whats the point of using bitcoin currency if the place doesn't have the network infrastructure to support it?

And how would anyone go about buying daily needs?

Sounds like a perfect getaway destination alright

Its not like this was some wasteland without people before. Its likely there is already infrastructure there, since technically this belongs to Croatia

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

questions, what about:

power,sewage,internet,infrastructure,health care,etc etc all the other things that actual nations make possible for us..

and how would they make money? who will protect their properties and the rigths of people within their border?

A similar thing happened in Norway last summer. Some guy found that a small island in the middle of a river wasn't part of any of the three adjacent counties or even officially charted, and he claimed it as his own country. There was a funny debate about it in the newspapers and the public mostly sided with the guy. Never heard about an outcome yet though.

He was doing it jokingly, but who knows, they might let him have it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well i guess i found my new country,from romania to serbia ill get there in no time,if they also have english as base language its set im moving.

And they'll probably have gigabit before all of America.

Dude everyone has gigabit in mid-eastern europe before murica and most of the world.Larger countries from west(in fact all countries) are ruled by corporation no news here,hence they wont just let you have 10-20x speeds for cheap which is already possible,if they can rip you off with the current infrastructure.

In romania they had fiber networks since long long ago they just didnt do FTTH/FTTB only to business maybe.Now they got themselves a project with governement (the guy who installed FTTH in my home told me) they get tax cuts or funds not really sure for expanding FTTH everywhere.And they are using some cheap chinese ZTE 1Gb modems,in murica they would probably try to use the most expensive ones to rip you off.

Let's create Linusland

I agree we should create a nation but I think it should be called TehStrangerland, it has a better ring to it.

If it's not on google maps, it doesn't exist

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

It takes google 1-3 years to update its maps so you just have to wait for a bit :D.

The capital :

Liberpolis_-_April_15%2C_2015.png

As a former Croatian, and looking at their "capital" , I feel like invading them.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Lol... Only true Minecraft players are able to survive in there.

Start from zero resources.... Build whole city in no time!

I live 60 miles from there, and I only heard about it here. No mention of it in the local news.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

I live 60 miles from there, and I only heard about it here. No mention of it in the local news.

Your location makes it sound like you want to move there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

/s

But seriously it's a stupid idea. I looked at the land in Google maps. You can't fit much on a piece of land that size, unless you can afford to build upwards. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

funny thing about google maps is that it differs from country to country. you know kashmir, that disputed land between pakistan and india? well, in pakistan it tells you that it's pakistani, in india it tells you that it's indian, and everywhere else it says the reality: that it's disputed and some bits are controlled by india and some bits are controlled by pakistan.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Your location makes it sound like you want to move there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

/s

But seriously it's a stupid idea. I looked at the land in Google maps. You can't fit much on a piece of land that size, unless you can afford to build upwards. 

Maybe I would move, but only if the tax thing holds true. Due to VAT GTX 980 will set me back 670$ instead of 550$ like in some other parts of the world.

As for the land restrictions, if it groves financially, maybe it could buy more land from neighboring states. 

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

Lol, awesome. Wish Google would jump in on this. :)

But this is not going to last for long... If taxes are optional no one's gonna pay and there is no existing infrastructure, there'll probably not even be Internet to access the bit coins

- snip-

Wait what?? Thats pretty aweosme... I think. It's funny to think that there's nothing stopping you from starting a country.

Although where did they get the land?  Never mind, it was set up in the no-mans-land. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

As a former Croatian, and looking at their "capital" , I feel like invading them.

I guess a crew of like 3 people could more than definitely do it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Lol... Only true Minecraft players are able to survive in there.

Start from zero resources.... Build whole city in no time!

Do they have creepers too in that "country"? 

I remember one night me and some buddies were drinking, and we were so bored we started trying to annex each other's couches and chairs.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I remember one night me and some buddies were drinking, and we were so bored we started trying to annex each other's couches and chairs.

You got lucky, my friend's couch just got a lot of puke on it.

It was a lot of fun to watch xD