Star Citizen needs a big shiny sign on the front page about HW Requirements

Adreyu

I already posted this on the hardware forums but i think you guys would agree, I see atleast 8 people a week complaining their computers arent getting good fps or just straight up dont run the game.
While it is technically their fault for not even checking, I think CIG should probably put something big and noticeable on the front page along the lines of "hey man, I know you are super stoked for this game but take a minute and look at these requirements because frankly your pc probably cant run it. heres another link to the hardware section where the nice people will help you decide on an upgrade plan"

-snip-

That site is a joke, though.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=5490&game=Star%20Citizen

Star Citizen

Ultra requirements

AMD GPU : R9 390

No wonder. Apparently only cards from the future can run this game at ultra. 

http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/AMD/R-300_Series/Radeon_R9_390/2264

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

I really don't get people who complain, I play star citizen 60fps 1080p low graphics on an i5-650 and a 7850 4gb ram

I really don't get people who complain, I play star citizen 60fps 1080p low graphics on an i5-650 and a 7850 4gb ram

on freemode? it cant be vanduul swarm i have a 970 and i get dips down to the 40's. although i think its because the game only uses 60 percent of my gpu when the vanduul are out

To be fair, SC is in Alpha stage so hardware requirements will go up/down depending on what updates are put in place so nothing can be set in stone. CIG cant put a hardware requirement on their game as of now.  If a person who pledged for SC cant run the game, but bought a package expecting to be able to at this time, then it is their fault for not properly researching and/or making sure their hardware can keep up with a game before purchasing it. 

on freemode? it cant be vanduul swarm i have a 970 and i get dips down to the 40's. although i think its because the game only uses 60 percent of my gpu when the vanduul are out

I was only testing the free demo. Freeflight 

you guys also understand that no optimazations have been done as well. so it will become a bit easier to run in the future.

you guys also understand that no optimazations have been done as well. so it will become a bit easier to run in the future.

Not necessarily. they are also planning to add a lot in the future, not to mention much larger things that are going to be significantly harder to render.

If they stick to the plan of having 1 bazzilion polys for each door knob and teaspoon it might get even heavier to run towards the release. 

You can't really put hardware requirements on an unfinished game, one patch it'll run like shit, the other it will be a bit more optimized, it changes way too often to determine what should be proper hardware specs. When the game fully launches 1-2 years from now, they'll crack down on optimizations for both the CPU and the GPU, so until then only time will tell.  

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

You can't really put hardware requirements on an unfinished game, one patch it'll run like shit, the other it will be a bit more optimized, it changes way too often to determine what should be proper hardware specs. When the game fully launches 1-2 years from now, they'll crack down on optimizations for both the CPU and the GPU, so until then only time will tell.  

okay yes this is all true that doesnt mean that they cant show people what ISNT going to run the game right now

Actually if you try hard enough you can run the game on almost anything - like this guy who run in on an integrated graphics. Just don't expect fluid fps on old systems. I guess they don't want to waste time posting updated hardware requirements on the RSI website after every patch. 

Actually if you try hard enough you can run the game on almost anything - like this guy who run in on an integrated graphics. Just don't expect fluid fps on old systems. I guess they don't want to waste time posting updated hardware requirements on the RSI website after every patch. 

I know about that guy lol. but not everybody finds that post, i definitely recommend it whenever i can though

okay yes this is all true that doesnt mean that they cant show people what ISNT going to run the game right now

To make an official requirements now would be stupid, if they said the minimum was an i3 (which it runs ok with) and everyone went and got one then a month down the line it was unplayable there would be riots on the forum.

At the moment there is a basic requirements on the download page, I don't think you could ask for more than that ATM.

Specs are not finalised since the full* game is years from release (late 2016 at the earliest). With my system I get 40-60 fps on Very High 1440p.

*game is going to be expanded after official release so specs are likely to constantly change.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

How can 7970 be minimum?

Judging by the youtube videos currently 7970 users are playing at high settings on the modules released.

You need.

Intel 5960x

4 Titan Xs

64GB of Ram

and gods magic!

You can't have HW requirments on an unfinished game lol!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

You need.

Intel 5960x

4 Titan Xs

64GB of Ram

and gods magic!

You can't have HW requirments on an unfinished game lol!

27f603fa1d764bacba06b435c7684749.jpg you can but they have to be vague.

How can 7970 be minimum?

Judging by the youtube videos currently 7970 users are playing at high settings on the modules released.

Its not

It will only get harder to run. They have truckload of rendering techniques in the pipeline that they've promised but that aren't even in the engine yet.

Optimization will help with minimum settings, but if you're planning on running on ultra then you'll need future hardware.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It will only get harder to run. They have truckload of rendering techniques in the pipeline that they've promised but that aren't even in the engine yet.

Optimization will help with minimum settings, but if you're planning on running on ultra then you'll need future hardware.

Or four titan Xs ;)

Or four titan Xs ;)

2 will probably be enough  :ph34r:

I was talking about consumer-level GPUs though  ^_^

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

2 will probably be enough  :ph34r:

I was talking about consumer-level GPUs though  ^_^

technically titan x's are consumer level lol. quadros are another story.