Star Citizen needs a big shiny sign on the front page about HW Requirements

Adreyu

technically titan x's are consumer level lol. quadros are another story.

Titan X is enthusiast/ prosumer, even without floating point

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It will only get harder to run. They have truckload of rendering techniques in the pipeline that they've promised but that aren't even in the engine yet.

Optimization will help with minimum settings, but if you're planning on running on ultra then you'll need future hardware.

If you ask me it'll stay the same if not get better, a little optimisation CPU side will go a long way as that's its main issue.

GPU side once the new meshes and damage states are implemented, we should be good.

Titan X is enthusiast/ prosumer, even without floating point

If you ask me a gtx 970 is an enthusiast card

It will only get harder to run. They have truckload of rendering techniques in the pipeline that they've promised but that aren't even in the engine yet.

Optimization will help with minimum settings, but if you're planning on running on ultra then you'll need future hardware.

"Rendering techniques" sound like improvements to me, rather than impediments. I mean, sure, it could mean either or some of both. But you're making a huge logical leap there given the number of specifics given (zero).

What makes you think their optimization phase won't improve performance on upper-end settings as well? What reason is there to make that assertion?

"Rendering techniques" sound like improvements to me, rather than impediments. I mean, sure, it could mean either or some of both. But you're making a huge logical leap there given the number of specifics given (zero).

What makes you think their optimization phase won't improve performance on upper-end settings as well? What reason is there to make that assertion?

Its also worth noting that the main differences from low to very high at the moment are things like ships make trails on medium, high the ships have heat waves from the engine and explosions are improved, very high is just an improvement.

People can't tell much difference from medium to very high