Experiences with non-techies

what is annoying is when you get retarded answer from you work tech support ... previous job had tech support in one branch of the company (Ontario) and I worked in another (Quebec), so tech support was email or phone only, if something hardware was wrong, you would ship it Fedex!

So one day I realized my clock is running slow (10 min behind or something), do a few restarts and it get worst, so I know the battery on the mobo needs to be changed, I check online and it's a simple 2032 ... So I send a low priority ticket to see if one of the tech could send a 2032 on the next shipment (they send us stuff maybe once a month, phones, keyboards, mouses, etc..). In the ticket I did explain it was because the battery on my mobo seemed dead and made the computer clock run slow.

Next day, a tech remotely connects to my desktop, goes in date/time setting and changes the time, disconnect and closes the ticket ...

WTF?!?!??! I was already doing that every 2-3 days when the time difference would be more than 15 minutes!!!

EDIT : BTW, they never send a 2032 even though I called another time ... I left before they fixed that, by the end I would have days difference between just for shutting off the PC overnight!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

One time my brother was talking to my grandparents about burning a CD for my grandpa to listen to and my grandma was like WHY WOULD YOU BURN A PERCECTLY GOOD CD THATS SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY. And then my brother explained and her heart attack ceased.

One time my brother was talking to my grandparents about burning a CD for my grandpa to listen to and my grandma was like WHY WOULD YOU BURN A PERCECTLY GOOD CD THATS SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY. And then my brother explained and her heart attack ceased.

I wouldn't blame them, the 'burning' can be misleading.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I Saw a preson filming VERTICALLY, with  there camera light on ​outside on a sunny day.

I have only read so far through this forum so may have been covered. The vertical orientation for video is certainly questionable especially with 35 degrees. Portrait photographs can look stunning when the situation asks for it (normally depends on subject, lines, patterns, effect etc). The 35 degree angle makes me think otherwise but most competent photographers/videographers use lighting in the day as fill lighting to prevent harsh shadows and achieve certain effects. Lighting can be evil to fix in post so get it right at first and all will be good. Fill light depends on subject though and only really used on people (can be used on objects in limited situations). But from you saying it was at 35 degrees it does sound more mIs take than competence.

Don't take this as trying to shoot your comment out or as "trolling" is it? Just a prosumer/enthusiast photographer and using light in daylight is alien to anyone before they get into it and learn the principles.

CPU: Intel I7-5960X. GPU: EVGA Geforce Titan X. MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme. RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 2666 CL15. PSU: Corsair AX1500i. SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB. CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX. Fans: Noctua Industrial NF-A14 PWM 2000RPM. Case: Corsair 900D. Display: Asus PB279Q. Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma. Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB.

former co-worker gems(multiple people):

i3 has 3 cores, i5 has 5 cores, i7 has 7 cores

a kilobyte is more than a megabyte

plasma tvs are better than LCDs

you get cancer from wifi (i almost fell off my chain when I heard him)

tablets will replace laptops and computers in less than 10 years

iphones are superior to any other phone in all aspects

bits and bytes are the same thing

linux is for hackers

imma come back when i remember more of these gems

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

snip

I know, but at least it calmed her down. Hey it's better to have something to show than nothing (I can't really argue with her).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

i3 has 3 cores, i5 has 5 cores, i7 has 7 cores.

I was in a store, someone was buying CPU. I heard his conversation with the seller:

"Hey! What do you need?"

"I need a CPU."

"Ok, what CPU?"

"I want to buy Intel CPU."

"Which one? i3? i5? i7?"

"I heard that i7 is damn expensive, how about i5? Or maybe i3?

"Well i5 is worse than i7 but the price is cheaper, it's Rp. ___ (I forgot the price), it's quad cores too!"

"Wow that's expensive, how about i3?"

"i3 performs even worse, dual cores, can't do sh*t, but it's a lot cheaper, it's Rp. ___ (I forgot the price)."

"Wow, okay. Do you sell i4?"

"What?"

"i4, yeah i4."

"Sorry, we don't sell i4." -The seller started to get confused

"Okay then, because I don't want a CPU that's as expensive as i5 but not as worse as i3."

"There's no i4 here." -The seller started to feel weird

"Okay then, see ya!"

"Okay then, have a good day...." -The seller tried to not laugh

He was trying to search for i4 in every single store, I know that because I followed him (I wanted to know more) every seller he'd been into became f*cking confused :P

He said i4 with confident, trying hard to find this CPU.

Couldn't stop laughing behind him :P

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

~disturbing stalking story~

I'd much rather accept that from someone who doesn't know better than from someone who works in my office, since we NEED to know these kinds of details. And that's how they all became former employees :D

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

i was at geek squad and they said, "there is 2 parts of the switch" then i showed it to him. it was at the bottom and he couldn't see it.

i was at geek squad and they said, "there is 2 parts of the switch" then i showed it to him. it was at the bottom and he couldn't see it.

what?????????

you get cancer from wifi (i almost fell off my chain when I heard him)

Yes, you can get cancer from wifi, cellular, FM radio, basically any rf emitter. Now there are set limitations for every device specific to the FCC standards. There is a reason why all WiFi routers basically have the same power output / range. WiFi actually runs close the the 2,4ghz frequency of microwaves, so your phone is technically slowly microwave ing you at 2.5 watts. Apparently some kid in Asia last year climbed a cell tower, and stuck his head in front of the transmitter. He basically microwaved himself instantly, with a 30 kw transmitter.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Yes, you can get cancer from wifi, cellular, FM radio, basically any rf emitter. Now there are set limitations for every device specific to the FCC standards. There is a reason why all WiFi routers basically have the same power output / range. WiFi actually runs close the the 2,4ghz frequency of microwaves, so your phone is technically slowly microwave ing you at 2.5 watts. Apparently some kid in Asia last year climbed a cell tower, and stuck his head in front of the transmitter. He basically microwaved himself instantly, with a 30 kw transmitter.

Wouldn't they have a signal dampener to prevent that from happening and in turn throttling your cell phone's data without telling you? *Glares at apple*

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

~snip~

Customer: Hi, my computer smells funky.

Tech Support: Have you spilled anything on it?

Customer: No, but my onion might have expired.

Tech Support: ಠ_ಠ

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Tech Support...

Either close the call thinking it's a prank call or...

Keep on going and just hope for the best :3

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

348604.jpg

Source : http://hugelol.com/lol/348604

Tech Support...

Either close the call thinking it's a prank call or...

Keep on going and just hope for the best :3

You know.. Considering how gullible non-techies are.. I wonder how many times they've found an image like this and believed it..

You know.. Considering how gullible non-techies are.. I wonder how many times they've found an image like this and believed it..

My cousin clicks every single ads he sees, damn hard uninstalling those craps.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

One of my friends asked me if I could fix her computer because it was super slow, so slow to the point she actually bought a new computer.

I opened it up and couldn't see the desktop because of all the popup add, on her desktop. I was able to get a virus and malware scan going somehow. She had over 700 items there were flagged as potential threats. I just looked at her and asked how this is even possible. 

remember the fake charging through a microwave thing last year? iWave was it? I still wonder how many iPhone died because of that! lol

like you said, non-techies are VERY gullible! :D

Was looking at the comments of some PS4 giveaway and noticed one guy said he was running a PS3 and wanted to win the PS4 as it would be a great addition to his 4K TV setup. *facepalm*

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

One of my friends asked me if I could fix her computer because it was super slow, so slow to the point she actually bought a new computer.

I opened it up and couldn't see the desktop because of all the popup add, on her desktop. I was able to get a virus and malware scan going somehow. She had over 700 items there were flagged as potential threats. I just looked at her and asked how this is even possible. 

700? Please.. I looked at my mum's computer a year after I got it for her and it had like 2000..  B)

remember the fake charging through a microwave thing last year? iWave was it? I still wonder how many iPhone died because of that! lol

like you said, non-techies are VERY gullible! :D

Oh god I forgot about that! I think they even said it'd be like mega quick charging which is why I'm sure non-debunkers/the curious did it.  :wacko:

Was looking at the comments of some PS4 giveaway and noticed one guy said he was running a PS3 and wanted to win the PS4 as it would be a great addition to his 4K TV setup. *facepalm*

Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread or a different one but a colleague of mine got a 4k tv and said it was awesome, so much better than his old 1080p one... None of the sources of content he was watching produced 4k content.. (including his ps4). Same colleague thinks consoles are better performance wise than pc's and that a pc having the benefits of.. Well a pc, is a bullshit reason for why they're better value.

Side note though - wasn't there a firmware upgrade or something that allows ps4's to do 4k playback?...

Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread or a different one but a colleague of mine got a 4k tv and said it was awesome, so much better than his old 1080p one... None of the sources of content he was watching produced 4k content.. (including his ps4). Same colleague thinks consoles are better performance wise than pc's and that a pc having the benefits of.. Well a pc, is a bullshit reason for why they're better value.

Side note though - wasn't there a firmware upgrade or something that allows ps4's to do 4k playback?...

Lol curret gen consoles don't have the graphics capabilities to even display in 1080p.

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Lol curret gen consoles don't have the graphics capabilities to even display in 1080p.

Not play games, but video content like youtube and I guess blurays.

Not play games, but video content like youtube and I guess blurays.

You don't get it. They don't have a second GPU dedicated to non-videogame things. The resolution isn't on the disks, its the maximum that the console can run. Like you can't run 2K on say a GTX960, no matter if you're playing a game or not.

Christian 

Rig Specs: