Experiences with non-techies

Yeah, not for the one using the computer though. I made the mistake of letting you TeamViewer into my computer. Ended up in me having to hit the reset switch.

So you just gave someone your temviewer ID and password and let him browse your PC??

I will use it on my campus' computer and have it autorun.

I wouldn't. I do not advise doing that but if you get caught it's your own fault. I did not tell you to do it or how to do it.

So you just gave someone your temviewer ID and password and let him browse your PC??

Yeah he did. that person was me. I think I was doing something else at the time and did it after but I'm not sure.

Him and I are good friends and we had legitimately needed TeamViewer before.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Told my friend to...

Press windows, right, then enter real quick. (Windows 7)

They obeyed, love it :P

When they don't do work of course, only when they're bored or something.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Told my friend to...

Press windows, right, then enter real quick. (Windows 7)

They obeyed  :P

lol

i saw what you did there

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I wouldn't. I do not advise doing that but if you get caught it's your own fault. I did not tell you to do it or how to do it.

I understand that you do not endorse it, but I'd go to any length to replace my campus' crappy old laptop that still uses XP and is full of viruses. Besides, the logistics here suck, they don't even track who borrows which laptop

have another one

@Echo off

color 02

:Start

tree

goto start

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I will use it on my campus' computer and have it autorun.

What's the command to autorun a program? Do you know it?

Can you guys start your own thread? This is getting kinda supraciliary dreaded triggered off topic. K, thanks.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Can you guys start your own thread? This is getting kinda supraciliary dreaded triggered off topic. K, thanks.

U know what, u make it, and we will continue it.

What's the command to autorun a program? Do you know it?

just add anything you want to run at startup in the "startup" folder in the start menu. Simple and deadly efficient!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

just add anything you want to run at startup in the "startup" folder in the start menu. Simple and deadly efficient!

OK, thx!

OK, thx!

np, I can't remember how but there is a way to run command prompt as a minimized window, that's what we were doing back then, makes the user even more clueless as to what happened.

i was working on watercooling my cpu today and my dad thought it was unnecisary :(

I mean, he probably means that air cooling is fine for your build.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

>Tries to explain Traveling Salesman problem.
>They grasp it slightly
>Explain that it's unsolved and the solver would make big bank
>>They claim google has already done it.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

np, I can't remember how but there is a way to run command prompt as a minimized window, that's what we were doing back then, makes the user even more clueless as to what happened.

but if it's minimized, u can still see it in the bottom ''status bar'' or whatever is it called.

but if it's minimized, u can still see it in the bottom ''status bar'' or whatever is it called.

yes but most will just think it's some sort of startup necessary script!

There are ways to make it seamless, but a minimized batch file in the startup folder can be very quick to "implement" ;)

Yup I agree, but I can't find that startup folder, you are talking about. I searched the whole C:\ folder...

well i have two experiences

1) this one time my class had to take apart a laptop and give a presentation of how it works to the class (i did the hevy lifting ram/cpu/gpu/etc) and averyone else in my group did simple stuff like the key board trackpad etc so as I was talking about the ram I say its essentially a "data bank" for the cpu data goes in and out of the ram and at this point this kid LITTERALLY stands up and very loudly says:  NO THATS NOT WHAT RAM IS RAM IS WHAT ALLOWS THE COMPUTER TO DO SIMPLE STUFF LIKE MOVING THE CURSER ON THE SCREEN. at this point I could not help but face palming in front of the class

2) when someone thinks building a computer involves coding.

I mean, he probably means that air cooling is fine for your build.

100+ Celsius on a stock cooler?

2) when someone thinks building a computer involves coding.

or soldering....

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Yup I agree, but I can't find that startup folder, you are talking about. I searched the whole C:\ folder...

For the current or a specific user it should be:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

There is also one for all users.

For the current or a specific user it should be:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

There is also one for all users.

Yup, found it, but mine is empty. Is it empty by default?

Yup, found it, but mine is empty. Is it empty by default?

i think so, the only thing in mine was F@H.

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name