Experiences with non-techies

I don't think it's worth... But the pc is like 1000 - 1100€ so Im not pretty sure if it would be win-win

I think at least that acer pc should come with windows and other stuff like ms word and such.

the one I posted are just those. windows? buy microsoft office? buy xD

Live your life like a dream.

Yea... It would be like 120€ less on OS 100€ less on word and 80€ less on the SSHD :/

Didn't think about that :)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

My dad kept uninstalling Chrome from our macbook (I know, overpriced garbage, it wasn't my choice) as he said that is let all the viruses into the computer for free. Yep.

macs are not inherently crap, they offer a build quality and ease of use that many pc's dont.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I dont know where people get that, Hackers take advantage of that misconseption. Ever think of that stupid consumers?

Because Steve jobs opened his mouth at a conference one day saying those exact words. It was something that had been reported apple's own website and he quoted it.

macs are not inherently crap, they offer a build quality and ease of use that many pc's dont.

I know, but when the difference between the base mode 13" mabook pro and the fully spec'd out one is a bigger ssd, and a .2 ghz clock boost for the lovely total of $600, I wonder a little bit. With apple computers the lowest spec'd one seems to be a great value, but they up the price for things like ssd's which SHOULDN'T be necessary to pay for up front, as you should be able to upgrade without having to remove an ssd that is soldered on (which voids the warranty, half the reason people get a mac, not to mention the technical difficulty),  the value proposition goes out the window in my eyes. Strangely its the opposite for phones, the lower end models are ridiculously overpriced, and the higher end stuff makes more sense.

an i7 4790K or an i5 4690K?

i5 4690K sorry for the mistake it was two in the morning 

Very True. However, ease of use can be debated

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Very True. However, ease of use can be debated

Indeed. I turned my old PC into a Hackintosh, then switched back to Windows after 3 days.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Build quality I concede. That said around their price bracket if an equivalently spec'ed Windows PC doesn't have decent build quality then that's a minus on the PC side rather than a plus on the Mac (there is significance to that differentiation).

Ease of use. Not really. Subjective and depends on what you're used to in the first place.

actually I find this true. also I've noticed a lot of people compare the mac pc to custom pc that's going to be used pretty much just to game (I'm talking about the time of the trashcan one with firepro was it?)

I don't have one but I kinda like their build quality and they are there on the get go and I can start working on it without too much hassle as compared when we build our, install driver, install programs, if work = oh yeah if not = fuck me plzzz. well something along those lines >.<

edit: I noticed here in my country when they ask you to format their pc (they pay like 5 bucks or something) = after format you install windows,Install drivers, Install microsoft office, install a lot of games, chrome/fire fox. pretty much spoon fed whatever is asked.

kinda doesn't make sense specially when they are only willing to pay 5 bucks (they don't have os code or anything else since all the stuff will come from you). 

Been trying to explain it to them if they want all those shit done they gotta at least buy the program or pay for it. 

Live your life like a dream.

That's what ask the Mac users tell to make themselves feel better.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I see.  Man, I wish I could touch type fastly.

Me too :( (I have 56 on 10fastfingers.com with my mech KB)

Oh well, now you have me started...

So literally, there's no one I know who's at all tech savy, except one of my friend's Dad's but apart form that...

So back in the day (a few years ago) as I was getting into computers, I didn't have my own, so, as anyone would, I stole my sisters laptop . So I, with permission, downloaded minecraft as my friend told me it was the game to have (back when it was still in alpha - he was right). A few months later, she accused me of "ruining her laptop by playing minecraft". This is regardless of the fact she frequently got music and films from... 'Shady' sources. Later that month she broke her harddrive - she blamed that on me to because of minecraft.

my mom said my games broke our family pc (its slow because of all the crapware and other shit I installed as a 11-year old and I lost my windows cd to re-install vista)

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Me too :( (I have 56 on 10fastfingers.com with my mech KB)

my mom said my games broke our family pc (its slow because of all the crapware and other shit I installed as a 11-year old and I lost my windows cd to re-install vista)

If you want to reinstall Vista, you can find links online with ISOs. Well, not full ISOs, you have to make them yourself with ImgBurn, they just give you the files you need to make them.

Indeed. I turned my old PC into a Hackintosh, then switched back to Windows after 3 days.

Wow

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

What Typing Style?

xD

i Type at 80+words per minute and my pinky finger is very trigger fingery so usally I Do hit That Key  A lot

Usally with Shorter Phrases

I type nearly twice as fast as you do and I normally have perfectly functional grammar and spelling.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

It took my mom 10 years to get tabs in browsers and she still has trouble. She still gets confused between left and right clicking. I should've had her pay me money for the amount of times in the last 5 years I've had to explain left click is an action, right click is options. I just can't figure out how to dumb it down more than that.

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

My brother keeps saying that Intel is the best because of it's "IPC" and "power consumption" but that's a load of shit, he is definitely a non-techie. AMD has more cores.

He's right, you know. Intel does have a higher instruction-per-clock rate and consumes a lot less power than AMD processors.

He's right, you know. Intel does have a higher instruction-per-clock rate and consumes a lot less power than AMD processors.

Have a look at this guy's username and you'll probably see why he said that...

Bro.  You're talking with Cokeman.  Don't even try to reason.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

I don't think it's worth... But the pc is like 1000 - 1100€ so Im not pretty sure if it would be win-win

Acer has decent gaming laptops for the money (decent GPUs). Building a gaming PC saves your bacon when you want the best for your money. always and over there (Dell, Acer and HP)  metaphoricially speaking givings you sausages.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

always and over there (Dell, Acer and HP) metaphoricially speaking givings you sausages.

What?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

A few months ago, I receive a call from an older customer stating that he bought a video card, and needed it set-up for his videos. It was a little odd, but not unheard of; sometimes they want me to set-up custom profiles, OC it, or generally give them the "thumbs up" when it's good-to-go. So I arrived at his house, and asked him to show me the lucky benefactor for the GTX 970 he purchased. He picks up a Macbook Air, and says "Here it is". (Sadly, it's happened before, so I wasn't as surprised as I would have been in the past) Attempting very hard to not audibly sigh, or anything else; I politely explained to him that the video card simply cannot fit into the Macbook, and was designed for desktop PC's. 

THIS is what makes the story so great; He then asks, "Well then how am i supposed to transfer my videos to the card if it doesn't fit? I have this other drive I plug in to transfer my photos and music, but I need something to transfer my videos, so I bought this video card." He had a 2TB external drive he had been using for quite some time. However, he was under the impression it was only for music and photos - and that he needed a video card to transfer videos.

After doing my ABSOLUTE BEST to explain to him the folly(without being negative), he just burst out laughing - called himself an idiot, and gave me the "paperweight" for my troubles.

he just burst out laughing - called himself an idiot, and gave me the "paperweight" for my troubles.

Tell him that random person on the internet likes him :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler