Experiences with non-techies

no the guy that doesn't think a 6870 is a big improvement over a 6750

Woosh.

But you haven't proven anything. I can't speak because I don't know about those. But you haven't given any proof that it is a big upgrade.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

every single day at home with my wife i experience it.

she is learning tho, the other day she flashed her galaxy and i was blown away.

no the guy that doesn't think a 6870 is a big improvement over a 6750

He used this magical thing called sarcasm..

Now can you stop and let this thread go back onto topic? You've been yelling at @tmcclelland455 and me for two pages now.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My friend was amazed when I used a USB extension cable that came with our Xbox 360 on my netbook. He was also amazed that I had Linux running on it, even though it had a "Designed for Windows XP" sticker on it.

He used this magical thing called sarcasm..
Now can you stop and let this thread go back onto topic? You've been yelling at @tmcclelland455 and me for two pages now.

I don't get notifications from him anymore for... Umm... Reasons.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well my mom's friend thinks that you can't even pause a movie for 30 seconds on a plasma without suffering from burn-in. She has had the tv for well over three years. A told her otherwise and she was all like "do you even know anything about tvs?". I simply can't convince her, I suck at debating. Well, she's stubborn. It's absolutely hilarious how she thinks she's so right when she's so wrong. 

patrick-stewart-facepalm.jpg

And i've only been arguing with tmcclelland

Because that was the point...

I'm done with you until you provide proof.

@tmcclelland455 you should do the same with him.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@spwath

I really like your signature!

Anyway I have a story to get us back on track:-).

In my old school we had those horrible large 1200*800 touch smartboards, which everyone could log onto with a standard student login. We students of course didn't have administrator rights, so we couldn't completely mess the thing up.

Anyway, in 10th grade we figured we wanted to troll our history teacher, by doing something as simple as: taking a screenshot of chrome, and assigning that as the background.

When our teacher came in, she thought there was a window open. Of course she tried to close it. By poking the X on the top right of the window. Not once, not twice, not three times, but for a whole MINUTE she was like: poke... poke... "why won't it close" - she asked us"... poke... And there was still icons on the desktop and all! :-)

That was hilarious. She was so damn funny to tease, but now in hindsight, we problaby spent a liiitle too much time on it:-).

Because that was the point...

I'm done with you until you provide proof.

@tmcclelland455 you should do the same with him.

I've been done. I just keep coming back for comedic relief.

Also, you will know when I start yelling. Some keys may not work anymore.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

@spwath

In my old school we had those horrible large 1200*800 touch smartboards, which everyone could log onto with a standard student login. We students of course didn't have administrator rights, so we couldn't completely mess the thing up.

Anyway, in 10th grade we figured we wanted to troll our history teacher, by doing something as simple as: taking a screenshot of chrome, and assigning that as the background.

When our teacher came in, she thought there was a window open. Of course she tried to close it. By poking the X on the top right of the window. Not once, not twice, not three times, but for a whole MINUTE she was like: poke... poke... "why won't it close" - she asked us"... poke... And there was still icons on the desktop and all! :-)

That was hilarious. She was so damn funny to tease, but now in hindsight, we problaby spent a liiitle too much time on it:-).

Lol!

Have your smart board projectors started to die yet? In my school they are getting white dead pixels, and allot, and they are big due to the res. Some of them look like it's snowing there are so many!!!!

My grandmother's mobile broadband connection on her laptop wasn't working so well and she asked me to come over to fix it. Naturally, I gone there, tried to figure out the problem, and saw that her mobile band's wireless connection was weak, and I happened to have the same provider's phone plan and I noticed the mobile connection has been horrible for this whole week. I told her about it, I did nothing to actually fix it, the connection came back to some extent, she got her bills paid and I got 20€ for doing nothing.

Well... At least it's free money...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Years ago I was an IT guy for a local school.  This was roughly the time where wifi was becoming popular. 
The school just got a supply of the television looking Mac desktops,  believe it was the eMac.

I get a call.

Teacher: I just got my new computer and the "wee-fee" (wifi) isn't working
Me: Alright let's troubleshoot your wifi problem....  Is your computer turned on at the moment?
Teacher: No I took it out the box and it won't turn on.
Me: Have you checked the wires to make sure nothing is loose and everything is properly plugged in?
Teacher: Plugged in? I said the problem was a wee-fee issue. 
Me: Sir, wifi only works with the internet, not power.
Teacher: Ugh you people are never any kind of help *hangs up*

I'll post a few more later.

Skype convo i just had.

[8:23:02 PM] dampsyrup43: Hello! Please add me to your Contact list.

[8:24:09 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : Who is this?

[8:24:34 PM] dampsyrup43: hey thanks for accepting me, found your info in the skype search directory...24/f, you?

[8:24:49 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : Ah so your a robot.

[8:25:20 PM] dampsyrup43: well I'm home for the summer from college bored, trying to get myself into some trouble ;) lol are you into college girls or cougars?

[8:25:38 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : No, i prefer mountain lions.

[8:26:09 PM] dampsyrup43: of course lol?I'm recently single and i really like chill drama free guys who i can cam with..do you have a cammeetup profile? i prefer that over skype or google hangouts :)

[8:26:48 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : NO i dont. And i dont care to get your viruses. I dont want to talk to you. Goodbye.

[8:27:17 PM] dampsyrup43: its relatively new my profile is http://Y2zemMBv0.SecureAdultCams.com ..just accept invite or hit connect and it'll link us :)

[8:27:38 PM] Spencer spencertheminer Er no, not clicking your link mr. robot

[8:27:55 PM] dampsyrup43: Its http://el3bAqLiRNh.SecureAdultCams.com just accept my cam invite

[8:28:22 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : Yeah lol no, im just going to keep trolling you Mr. Roboto

[8:28:54 PM] dampsyrup43: oh, i think you might have to fill out some stuff...everyone gets verified as being real on here, keeps anyone under 18 out lol

[8:29:29 PM] Spencer spencertheminer: Wouldent want that, would you now. Im under 18. So go away. Not that you are reading anything im saying...

[8:29:47 PM] dampsyrup43: no problem!  PEACE!!

[8:30:01 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : Peace be with you to.

[8:30:33 PM] dampsyrup43: k, yea i had to do the cc part too  =( that how i got my profile verified as real (kiss) did u get in?

[8:31:21 PM] Spencer spencertheminer: No, i didnt click your link. IM not stupid. Tho you just go out to everyone, so you are bound to find one stupid person

[8:31:46 PM] dampsyrup43: let me know once your in it should auto connect us

[8:32:21 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : Uh hu. That doesnt make sence. Also, you dont make sence. So goodbye

[8:32:38 PM] dampsyrup43: ok...im waiting :)

[8:33:00 PM] Spencer spencertheminer s: Yeah i bet you are. Waiting to infect my computer or take my money.

[8:33:16 PM] dampsyrup43: there's no $$ involved!!

[8:33:39 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : OK, so infect my computer then? With Viruses?

[8:33:50 PM] dampsyrup43: k

[8:34:02 PM] Spencer spencertheminer : Thats what i thought.

Skype convo i just had.

"Skype conversation"

Congrats, you got contacted by a Skype Sex Bot.

I haven't had that happen to me.

Skype convo i just had.
-snip-

I would have trolled it just for the lols :D

I would have trolled it just for the lols :D

Thats what i did.

One of my friends who isnt the best at PC's was in class (IST/ICT) and we were Rebuilding some old school machines and he asked me and my friend to come take a look at it, my friend goes up and see's an extra sata cable he asks if he got one of our teacher he said no, Turns out he had the optical drive plugged directly in to the Hard Drive and didn't have it going to the motherboard :D, my friend and i got a good laugh out of it

Nearing the end of the school year, my friend (who everyone thinks knows about computers, but doesn't even know what a SSD is) was absent. He is the person who usually sets up the history class videos on the smart board, as our history teacher is around 65 years old, and has acknowledged his tech illiteracy. So my other friend and I are selected to set up the video (he usually helps a bit, and I am to lazy to get up and deal with stuff, so I never work with the smart board). I did the "complicated" stuff (put the VHS in, turn the thing on, press play, all stuff to complicated for people in my class). So I put the VHS in, and pressed the power button, but the power LED didn't shine red. I looked down at the ground and realized the ONE job of my friend hadn't been completed: plug the stuff in to the outlet with an obvious cable. So I'm like "Hey, *friend* it's not turning on," and needless to say after five minutes of him scratching his head, I finally plugged in the cable. I get so bored that light real life trolling is the only entertaining thing i can do in school.

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

Thats what i did.

I'd have done it for longer and would have had it attempt tasks that require a human to carry out. (ie asking it questions that require innovative thinking)

@spwath

When our teacher came in, she thought there was a window open. Of course she tried to close it. By poking the X on the top right of the window. Not once, not twice, not three times, but for a whole MINUTE she was like: poke... poke... "why won't it close" - she asked us"... poke... And there was still icons on the desktop and all! :-)

Same at my school, but we couldn't change the background on the school computers because they stayed black.  

Because my school pirated Windows...  :/   I don't go there anymore, good thing too.   Since they passed out "discounted school edition's of Windows 7 home premium".  I knew what was going on, just never told anyone because I was at the point in my life where suicide felt like the only option and I never said a word to anyone.  

Same at my school, but we couldn't change the background on the school computers because they stayed black.  

Because my school pirated Windows...  :/   I don't go there anymore, good thing too.   Since they passed out "discounted school edition's of Windows 7 home premium".  I knew what was going on, just never told anyone because I was at the point in my life where suicide felt like the only option and I never said a word to anyone.  

My school is running pirated versions of Windows 7 Professional on outdated computers, and I also have been like that. Depression is not fun. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My school is running pirated versions of Windows 7 Professional on outdated computers, and I also have been like that. Depression is not fun. :(

yeah.  

Depression isn't fun but then if you push through it and finally get passed it, your able to help others. 

Lol!

Have your smart board projectors started to die yet? In my school they are getting white dead pixels, and allot, and they are big due to the res. Some of them look like it's snowing there are so many!!!!

I don't go there anymore, I am in highschool. But it was mainly the other students ruining them by playing ball in the classroom and stuff. Once somebody hit the projector and a part of the screen was of the touch surface.

My school is running pirated versions of Windows 7 Ultimate on old P4's.. :(

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.