Experiences with non-techies

b... but.. they told me it was "next gen graphics"!

Lies young padawan, lies. 

Pentium G3258, R9 270X, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1, crappy EVGA 500W PSU

I remember the IT guy in elementary school:

So our school bought a whole bunch of SmartBoards. He did not know how to set them up. Yes, you read that right. HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SET UP A SMARTBOARD.

Now, this is back when I was a non-techie, I plugged in a VGA lead to the I/O board on the SmartBoard and connected the other end to a laptop. I fire it up, boom, the entire class (1st graders, I'm in fourth) go like "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I did the same exact thing.  Pretty sure he didn't even know what the VGA lead even did.

In my school, all the teachers have Macbook Pros, *curse whoever bought them*, but when they connect to the projectors that project onto the SmartBoards, they can never figure out why what they are showing goes off the screen, and they always yell at me for changing the resolution. 

so this one time I was hanging out with my friend who is the manager at a tech shop by where I live and a girl comes in and buys a 2tb hard drive. we let her know that we install hard drives for $1 (the cost of the sata cable we use) and she says "just because I am a woman does not mean I cant work on computers" and leaves in a huff. two days later she comes back in saying that the HDD is not working so we take the computer in to look at it, we open it and the HDD is nowhere to be seen, so we ask her where it is. and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

Hey man,

That's funny!

This one time, my Spanish teacher was trying to load up a video on a computer with 128 MB of RAM.

So, it starts to lag and she becomes impatient!

I come up and try to explain what the problem is, but she goes into rage mode and smacks the monitor so hard it breaks!

I mean, come on, what  did the poor thing do to you?

P.S. @WinNut: This happened to him too with the same teacher!

This one time, my Spanish teacher was trying to load up a video on a computer with 128 MB of RAM.

So, it starts to lag and she becomes impatient!

I come up and try to explain what the problem is, but she goes into rage mode and smacks the monitor so hard it breaks!

I mean, come on, what  did the poor thing do to you?

P.S. @WinNut: This happened to him too with the same teacher!

If you know what I mean....

Yeah we are in the same school.

If you know what I mean....

Yeah we are in the same school.

Yeah Ik. My teachers get angry at the smart board when the computer or projector isn't working...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah Ik. My teachers get angry at the smart board when the computer or projector isn't working...

Yeah, unlike my teachers, they ragequit when the projector shuts off for no damn reason. What really annoys me is that the there is a clean filter warning on the projector, but the teacher ignores it, so the fan spins as fast as fuck. -_-

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, unlike my teachers, they ragequit when the projector shuts off for no damn reason. What really annoys me is that the there is a clean filter warning on the projector, but the teacher ignores it, so the fan spins as fast as fuck. -_-

I don't think our projectors have fans, or at least really quiet ones. But as I was saying before they ask have dead pixels, one has at least 50 scattered around.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So what if he's a noob HERE. That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Also maybe he just wanted to delete the acc. as a quick fix and didn't have time for anything else. That comment was kinda mean

This.

She had to quickly access the computer and I didn't have time for a proper fix, which would've consumed the time, which I didn't have.

The only things on that account were browser bookmarks and photos which I easily transferred to the other account.

This.

She had to quickly access the computer and I didn't have time for a proper fix, which would've consumed the time, which I didn't have.

The only things on that account were browser bookmarks and photos which I easily transferred to the other account.

You did that with an admin account right? The remove password button is like, right next to the delete account button. Takes the same ammount of time if not less.

My dad sometimes comes into my room while I'm watching bf videos on YouTube, and often asks whether I'm playing it. 1) Yay I'm so pro that I can play with no hands and 2) I can clearly pause a multiplayer game (with no pause ui or anything). He is improving, but it takes time.

HTTP/2 203

My dad sometimes comes into my room while I'm watching bf videos on YouTube, and often asks whether I'm playing it. 1) Yay I'm so pro that I can play with no hands and 2) I can clearly pause a multiplayer game (with no pause ui or anything). He is improving, but it takes time.

My dad does the same exact thing whenever he sees me watching gameplay videos. I don't ever tell him that I'm watching a video as he would probably find it weird that I'm watching someone play a game instead if playing it myself.

I know that feeling.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

OH MUH GOD!! MY PARENTS TOO!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

After this experience, I never let my brother near a PC, ever again.

One day, my 3 year old noticed a Core i7 on my desk. He is a food lover and can eat everything. He noticed the "chip" and proceeded to eat it. I was like, "WTF? Dumb bastard." He crushed my new Intel Core i7-4770K in half. It was partly my fault for leaving it on the desk. I am so stupid, but not as much as my brother. Geez, why can't I have techie brothers? I always have to have ones that can't even tell the difference between a flip phone and a smartphone.

After this experience, I never let my brother near a PC, ever again.

One day, my 3 year old noticed a Core i7 on my desk. He is a food lover and can eat everything. He noticed the "chip" and proceeded to eat it. I was like, "WTF? Dumb bastard." He crushed my new Intel Core i7-4770K in half. It was partly my fault for leaving it on the desk. I am so stupid, but not as much as my brother. Geez, why can't I have techie brothers? I always have to have ones that can't even tell the difference between a flip phone and a smartphone.

When under 8 year-olds are around ,there shouldn't be anything valuable and small (like processors, cash, batteries etc.) in their reach, otherwise they (especially those under 6 years of age) proceed to try to eat them... Though I think you knew that already.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, RIP Terrytek's 4770K. You will be missed.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

When under 8 year-olds are around ,there shouldn't be anything valuable and small (like processors, cash, batteries etc.) in their reach, otherwise they (especially those under 6 years of age) proceed to try to eat them... Though I think you knew that already.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, RIP Terrytek's 4770K. You will be missed.

I wonder if I can still RMA it, even with visible bite marks. The chip actually split in half. Plus, I think he ate a few hundred dollars of mine.

I wonder if I can still RMA it, even with visible bite marks. The chip actually split in half. Plus, I think he ate a few hundred dollars of mine.

Try to RMA it. The people will be so confused when they get it and there is bite marks but try.

It's worth a shot.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You can try to RMA it. It may or may not work, but give it a try.

If you can't RMA it, then keep it on display (preferably in some sort of display case to not loose anything) to remind you of the event. Plus processors are pretty too, even when broken.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

You did that with an admin account right? The remove password button is like, right next to the delete account button. Takes the same ammount of time if not less.

I tried that, it didn't work.

We have crappy Samsung X303? series craptops. Slower than balls, but at least I use my personal Google account on it, so I have all of my crap, and I'm in the beta channel. :P Our Dells have 1366x768 19" monitors. Our Macs beat them in Windows performance. :(

We have pentium desktops, that are filled with dust, and have the crappiest little radeon card imaginable.  It is so small , it barely is as long as the pci slot! There is also the 10 year old think pads, and the chrome books that flop around like paper, and lag while running flash games. Flash games!

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

We have pentium desktops, that are filled with dust, and have the crappiest little radeon card imaginable.  It is so small , it barely is as long as the pci slot! There is also the 10 year old think pads, and the chrome books that flop around like paper, and lag while running flash games. Flash games!

Ours lag a ton playing flash games and 1080p video.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler