Experiences with non-techies

Well if he did than he would have a giant window

dust would kill it within a few months.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

dust would kill it within a few months.

Or he could make a giant filter to replace the side panel

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

A kid said "damn that's a nice cpu" while pointing to a tower on the floor. It was a gx620

My computer teacher, while showing him the G1.Sniper 5 (my dream board) thought that the PCIE slots were ram slots. I forgave him and told him what they were (psst...his last build used socket 7) and he was good.

I know this is old but I have a relevant point, every time i'm sat in IT class and I've done the work my teacher still tells me off because looking at the g1 sniper 5 and 780ti isn't appropriate apparently. My school also just blocked LTT :(

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

I cant remember what case he has but its gonna be a jesus level filter.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

but than he can't see his components inside so he might as well just leave his panel on.

I save all my passwords with keepass 

alas, that would be far to advanced for him to use, and "it could be hacked, and what would happen if they got all of my passwords?" don't worry granddad, what are they going to do, read your emails for you? oh the horrors!  ;)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

alas, that would be far to advanced for him to use, and "it could be hacked, and what would happen if they got all of my passwords?" don't worry granddad, what are they going to do, read your emails for you? oh the horrors!  ;)

Right? The only problem I have with KeePass is that I have to have a windows computer and I don't always have access to one of those. That will change though when I have my dream rig! I'll Probably have enough money at the end of this summer!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

My friend that have an Asus Gaming desktop have an 120hz BenQ monitor, and when he came over to my place to play the ESO beta i was helping him to plug everything in, including the monitor. And guess what, he uses VGA, yeah thats right VGA, and a really shitty cable too. When everything was hooked up and he started the computer the image quality was really crappy, like really really crappy. So crappy that the text looked really weird. I was like: You know if you use DVI the image quality will be much better, look at the text there and look how weird it looks.   He looked but he actually didn't see that it looked really werid and said that he thought it looked good. HE SAID THAT SHITTY VGA LOOKED GOOD, SERIOUSLY.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

My friend that have an Asus Gaming desktop have an 120hz BenQ monitor, and when he came over to my place to play the ESO beta i was helping him to plug everything in, including the monitor. And guess what, he uses VGA, yeah thats right VGA, and a really shitty cable too. When everything was hooked up and he started the computer the image quality was really crappy, like really really crappy. So crappy that the text looked really weird. I was like: You know if you use DVI the image quality will be much better, look at the text there and look how weird it looks.   He looked but he actually didn't see that it looked really werid and said that he thought it looked good. HE SAID THAT SHITTY VGA LOOKED GOOD, SERIOUSLY.

Did you let him try anything else to see the difference?!

Right? The only problem I have with KeePass is that I have to have a windows computer and I don't always have access to one of those. That will change though when I have my dream rig! I'll Probably have enough money at the end of this summer!

What is your dream rig?

Did you let him try anything else to see the difference?!

No, didn't have another cable there.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

No, didn't have another cable there.

Couldn't show him on the cable you were using? :P

Well if he decided he liked it better than the OP would end up with the VGA.

Sit on them until they give you the cable back. If that worked as a kid it'll surely still work now! :P

What is your dream rig?

I7 4770k, R9 290 (Crossfire in future) with Kraken G10 bracket. 16gig ram (2X8gig) for video editing. other stuff is subject to change. This will be my first computer

I7 4770k, R9 290 (Crossfire in future) with Kraken G10 bracket. 16gig ram (2X8gig) for video editing. other stuff is subject to change. This will be my first computer

niceness

I am saving up for an EVGA superclocked 760 acx cooler and eventually a define R4 with a window (for the card) but that is along way away seeing as how PCPartPicker said that that is just over $400 with a power supply to drive the entire thing

Sit on them until they give you the cable back. If that worked as a kid it'll surely still work now! :P

you sat on people until they gave you your cables back? I will have to try that.

niceness

I am saving up for an EVGA superclocked 760 acx cooler and eventually a define R4 with a window (for the card) but that is along way away seeing as how PCPartPicker said that that is just over $400 with a power supply to drive the entire thing

Just get the regular ACX card and OC it :P Save yourself a few bucks easy right there.

you sat on people until they gave you your cables back? I will have to try that.

Not cables but toys, same thing though... :D

Just get the regular ACX card and OC it :P Save yourself a few bucks easy right there.

Not cables but toys, same thing though... :D

But if I got the regular ACX there is no guarantee that it will OC that high.  

But if I got the regular ACX there is no guarantee that it will OC that high.  

Chances are that it will, and if it doesn't you loose maybe 1% of the performance gain? It's really not that big of a difference to account for something like $70 more for a card.

Chances are that it will, and if it doesn't you loose maybe 1% of the performance gain? It's really not that big of a difference to account for something like $70 more for a card.

huh ok I will probably get the normal ACX than and have more money to put in to a new case.

huh ok I will probably get the normal ACX than and have more money to put in to a new case.

Honestly the highest difference in performance I've seen in an overclock was 5% and that was a massive OC +200mhz too. 

Honestly the highest difference in performance I've seen in an overclock was 5% and that was a massive OC +200mhz too. 

so your saying that is not worth it overclock?

I didn't run tech support duty in the library today because I had to study, but my other tech geek (and mentor) went there to do work and this is his story:

He told a kid to press control-alt-delete. He said the kid couldn't find DELETE and he had to do it for her.

He told a girl to use the mouse on her pants. (f***ed up optical sensors) and she screamed EEW!

Then she used it and said "It works!" in an obnoxious voice.

My English teacher, when working on a document in Google Drive, will close Chrome, reopen it, go to the grid menu, and select Drive to get back to her main directory in Drive. She also calls the chassis a hard drive.