Forum Chat Future ?

ELSknutson

What does everyone think about a general and sub forum chat feature. It would keep some of the multiple posts from happening and would allow the community to chat between them self instead of adding a bunch of pointless posts.

What does everyone think about a general and sub forum chat feature. It would keep some of the multiple posts from happening and would allow the community to chat between them self instead of adding a bunch of pointless posts.

That's what PMs are for. And voice chat. And Statuses

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Not a bad idea, but what about spammers and trolls?

They are sadly also here, but it's worth a try.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Meh.

We have statuses and PM's for it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

no im talking like a live chat like something you would see in a game or on twitch 

Yeah that would be a pretty good idea, Maybe have separate rooms for separate needs . Or maybe an LTT IRC?

What happened to the old IRC? I was on there quite a lot

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It would be nice to have an LTT IRC chat integrated into some of the subforums. Maybe we should start one up and pin the link to it somewhere on the forum. It'd at the very least allow us to have good, real-time chats with everyone.

Not a bad idea, but what about spammers and trolls?

They are sadly also here, but it's worth a try.

Votekicks/Moderators could fix it.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

no im talking like a live chat like something you would see in a game or on twitch 

Sounds like a good idea. Sometimes there's also people who post a hello-thing in the off-topic section. No offense to it, but it just looks silly.

The chat sounds like a good idea!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/314050-forum-features-suggestions/page-17#entry4641109

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

That's what PMs are for. And voice chat. And Statuses

I would agree but I feel strange saying ''Hi, I'm bored wanna talk'' to anyone. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I think a live chat would be cool, would definitely need to be heavily moderated though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

would be a better idea if placed here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/314050-forum-features-suggestions/

then you might get direct attention or has been suggested before and whether

it'll be a thing or not..

I can answer that. We have had this debate past year or so. Its been suggested but nothing official won't be coming because of the amount of active moderating it would require. There are tons of unofficial voice/IRC channels to join. Even Twitch chat can be used while channels are offline so that is one option too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It has been suggested a few times before. The problem is that, aside from the cost involved with a chat client (it either has high server usage or we have to pay to host it externally), it would be impossible to moderate. At the moment, there have been times when we haven't been able to respond to reports quickly enough, and if that stuff was being posted in a live chat client instead, it would be much worse.

If you want to discuss things with other members of the community, there's an unofficial teamspeak server, the details for which can be found in this thread.

HTTP/2 203

It has been suggested a few times before. The problem is that, aside from the cost involved with a chat client (it either has high server usage or we have to pay to host it externally), it would be impossible to moderate. At the moment, there have been times when we haven't been able to respond to reports quickly enough, and if that stuff was being posted in a live chat client instead, it would be much worse.

If you want to discuss things with other members of the community, there's an unofficial teamspeak server, the details for which can be found in this thread.

Never thought of that...

Once again, you're awesome for shining light on features people want but haven't happened.