YouTube To Create Ad-Free Experience Subscription Service

Sources: Bloomberg.com & TheVerge

YouTube Partners have recieved an e-mail about(see atached image) YouTube's plan to create a ad-free monthly subscription service like Twitch.TV's Turbo service. The e-mail talked about YouTube's lastest efforts to reach to a broader audience and help a YouTuber's Experience(YouTube Kids and Music Key Beta).

The Verge article stated that some sources said that the new subscription offering will be mandatory.

And YouTube's carrot comes with a stick — creators are required to participate in the subscription offering, or every video on their channels will be set to private, sources said.

post-187026-0-82713800-1428523301.png

post-187026-0-82713800-1428523301.png

This is totally gonna catch on, amirite?

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

@MinimalEffort Yeah, but with this your supporting the content creators

And youtube. Definitely a good portion of this is going straight into google's pocket.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

This really confuses me. Google now wants people to pay to not see ads on their website, yet they still haven't removed adblock from the Chrome Web Store? 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Yeah... But remember that with adblock you are preventing content creators from actually making money. 

If I don't want to see ads so I'll use adblock, but when a creator asks for support I don't mind giving it. I look to give them money in a way that they get the most from it.

This is great, I've been a trusty YouTube user since 2005 and I'm definitely gonna subscribe. I do hope the price is reasonable tho. I hope to see LTT go back to releasing on YouTube instantly. Having used vessel for a couple of months now I'm not convinced.

If I can disable DASH Playback then I'll consider it. It doesn't play nicely with my internet.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

So...Google is making money off ads and now they want to make money from blocking the ads they make money from?

Hmm...

I guess it's more money for them.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If I can disable DASH Playback then I'll consider it. It doesn't play nicely with my internet.

Dash playback ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Dash playback ??

The tech that divides the video into 10-20 second chunks and it only preloads the next chunk when it needs to. I currently use youtube center to disable it.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The tech that divides the video into 10-20 second chunks and it only preloads the next chunk when it needs to. I currently use youtube center to disable it.

I'm using HTML5 so it loads the whole video for me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Dash playback basically kills your ability to view videos if your DNS server is misbehaving or if you're unlucky enough to have a high ping connection like satellite internet.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I will definitely sign up for this even though i can use adblock. I want to support youtube and their content creators because its the only platform i have to watch 4k on pc. Amazon and Netflix are living in a walled garden where only with an approved 4k smart tv can you view 4k and pcs are completely ignored. Not to mention youtube allows me to see and select my resolution. Being forced into adaptive bitstreaming is annoying.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

And youtube. Definitely a good portion of this is going straight into google's pocket.

From the new Youtube Partner Program Terms.

"Subscription Revenues. YouTube will pay you 55% of the total net revenues recognized by YouTube from subscription fees that are attributable to the monthly views or watchtime of your Content as a percentage of the monthly views or watchtime of all or a subset of participating content in the relevant subscription offering (as determined by YouTube). If your Content is included in and viewed by a user in multiple subscription offerings, YouTube will pay you based on the subscription offering with the highest amount of net revenues recognized by YouTube, as calculated by YouTube."

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

"Subscription Revenues. YouTube will pay you 55% of the total net revenues recognized by YouTube from subscription fees that are attributable to the monthly views or watchtime of your Content as a percentage of the monthly views or watchtime of all or a subset of participating content in the relevant subscription offering (as determined by YouTube). If your Content is included in and viewed by a user in multiple subscription offerings, YouTube will pay you based on the subscription offering with the highest amount of net revenues recognized by YouTube, as calculated by YouTube."

83728b405b23d6a22b2b1199bacb99eb.png  I'll rather just donate directly to the youtuber.

This really confuses me. Google now wants people to pay to not see ads on their website, yet they still haven't removed adblock from the Chrome Web Store?

If they did that I think a lot of people would switch to other browser weigh would maybe cost them more money in the end.

-pic-  I'll rather just donate directly to the youtuber.

Off Topic: I never thought I would see this pic used on LTT. 

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

I would pay for this over vessel. 

Vessel sucks and I wish ltt never made the switch.

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)

I was about to say, if the content creators got 80% I would do it. Then I read it's 55% and chuckled.

Everyone has Patreon now and that's what I'll keep doing to support.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.