Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Supports DirectX 12 and TressFX

TwistedDictator
Square Enix & Eidos-Montréal have officially announced Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with that they have also released a CGI trailer. David Anfossi the Head of Eidos-Montréal said that the game will support DirectX12 and TressFX 3.0.

“For 15 years, Deus Ex has been a point of conversation across the games industry and beyond, whether the topic is the franchise’s unique gameplay or topical narrative focused on advanced biotechnology and human augmentation. What began with Deus Ex: Human Revolution goes to a whole new level in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, diving even deeper into this discussion and, in turn, offering fans an all-encompassing experience, one which will challenge their skills as players and emphasize decision-making based on real world topics.”

Source

Here is a trailer if you guys have not seen it

Have not heard from tress-fx for a while. But Tress-FX is kinder awesome, I remember it in Tombraider and it looked.

Before some NVIDIA fanboy freaks out (it has happened) TressFX works on NVIDIA CARD TOO!

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Pretty cool stuff.

Now only Vulcan and PhysX too, just to get some more stickers on the box cover :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Awesome... Nothing to say here. comon it's DeusEx.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

Awww yis, Adam is gonna fuck shit up. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT

zFcVeCT.gif

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Deus Ex HR had AMAZING trailers, and these seem to be none the worse. The quality is just something else. The game, as great as it is, doesn't quite live up to that.

The message from the trailer seem to take the game into a more action-orinted direction, I'm not sure how I'd like it. On one hand, I think the "moral systems" and the options were kind of meh in Deus Ex: HR, so augment-centric combat could be very cool to try out. Then again, some people might argue that it isn't Deus Ex. If it's built anything like HR, I'd feel that less emphasis on scoring system that promotes stealth and more emphasis on exploring and figuring out all the options instead constant moral judgement (choose an option because you WANT to play this way, not because it's XXX points worth more). Replay value could come from playing with different augments and figuring out different solutions.

If graphics are anything to go by, I ask for one thing. Let the colours breathe. Don't put everything through some SepiaFilter™, I guess it's some sort of a trademark thing by now but they could incorporate it with X-ray and some lights, not the whole world.

The message from the trailer seem to take the game into a more action-orinted direction, I'm not sure how I'd like it. 

Probably just for eye candy, I doubt they'd make the game completely action-oriented.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Heyyo,

First off? As a fan of all the Deus Ex games? (Invisible War wasn't anything amazing but it was still a decent game if you take out the Deus Ex name)

I'm definitely excited about this new game in the series.

TresFX 2.0? That is pretty awesome. :)

As much as I love PhysX? It is pretty darn crappy of NVIDIA for limiting hardware accelerated GPU support to only NVIDIA GPUs.. so Havok would be a more fair choice than PhysX... then again, same could be said about G-Sync and FreeSync battle.. but meh. I digress.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

-snip-

People like Deus Ex because it let you choose the path you like, they would be stupid to change that. I hope they don't change it into action only. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

People like Deus Ex because it let you choose the path you like, they would be stupid to change that. I hope they don't change it into action only. 

I hope the choices and such are greater than "get close and use stungun" or "blow up a barrel in the corner of the room". The combat could do a lot with something like shown in the trailer, a reactive ability that must be activated in order to migitate bullet damage, rather than just plain %-based passive.

I dislike if they make it binary and favor one approach over the other in their rewards system.

I hope the choices and such are greater than "get close and use stungun" or "blow up a barrel in the corner of the room". The combat could do a lot with something like shown in the trailer, a reactive ability that must be activated in order to migitate bullet damage, rather than just plain %-based passive.

I dislike if they make it binary and favor one approach over the other in their rewards system.

Oh yeah, I agree completely. I love stealth, I would like to have more options to go that way.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Yeah stealth needs to give you more or same XP due to it is actually hard work to play the game stealth and maaaybe don't kill anyone.
Player needs to be rewarded! I guess they will have a way for that... same with hacks... why use the codes? XP for a hack is better.

Time to wait and drink tea then.
The Hype starts! http://zone-archive.com/tmp/hype_train.html

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

It looks awesome, such a great series, can't wait to play!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

*drool* I want to play it, but first need to finish the first one  :ph34r:

Holy shit, that trailer looks amazing. Proper amazing! I want this game so much.

As for Tress FX, it will be version 3.0, and was shown along with Eidos at GDC, for Deus Ex, so we already knew that. It is going to look so good!

Yeah stealth needs to give you more or same XP due to it is actually hard work to play the game stealth and maaaybe don't kill anyone.
Player needs to be rewarded! I guess they will have a way for that... same with hacks... why use the codes? XP for a hack is better.

Time to wait and drink tea then.
The Hype starts! http://zone-archive.com/tmp/hype_train.html

In Deus Ex HUman Revolution, you did indeed get hefty bonusses for proper stealth, as well as non lethal takedowns.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

this looks so sweet would love to pre order but i have bin burned to many times.

Awwww, yeeaaaah! pre order day 1 collectors edition here i come! take my money!

what collectors edition?

this looks so sweet would love to pre order but i have bin burned to many times.

what collectors edition?

They might have a collectors edition.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

I love Human Revolution. When i saw this announcement i pee'd abit.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

The one that undoubtedly will come in X months ofc.

oh ok i thought there might already be one and i just missed it.

Holy shit, that trailer looks amazing. Proper amazing! I want this game so much.

As for Tress FX, it will be version 3.0, and was shown along with Eidos at GDC, for Deus Ex, so we already knew that. It is going to look so good!

In Deus Ex HUman Revolution, you did indeed get hefty bonusses for proper stealth, as well as non lethal takedowns.

Indeed, you actually got the most XP by finding all the stealth routes (vents, hidden passages, etc), and by doing non-lethal takedowns on the enemies.

They do that to entice you to try that route out, because it's more difficult then simply killing all the enemies with guns, etc.

I can understand some people being frustrated with this particular balance method though. It essentially "punishes" you if you decide to run and gun or do a more action oriented gameplay style.

I suppose they could try to balance out the XP gain so that you earn the same XP whether you go stealth, non-lethal, run and gun, hacking, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Indeed, you actually got the most XP by finding all the stealth routes (vents, hidden passages, etc), and by doing non-lethal takedowns on the enemies.

They do that to entice you to try that route out, because it's more difficult then simply killing all the enemies with guns, etc.

I can understand some people being frustrated with this particular balance method though. It essentially "punishes" you if you decide to run and gun or do a more action oriented gameplay style.

I suppose they could try to balance out the XP gain so that you earn the same XP whether you go stealth, non-lethal, run and gun, hacking, etc.

Yeah, but you kinda needed the extra XP, for all the stealth related Praxis skills. So idk. I loved doing a non lethal playthrough, on hard mode. Went for foxiest too, and was 100% sure I would get it, but was spotted by a camera in the very first bossfight. Never gave it a thought. Meh. Even saved malik in non lethal. Was an amazing playthrough though (in Director's Cut).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro