Facebook Just Got Creepier, Stalking Becoming MUCH Easier...

facebooks%20getting%20creepy....png

It should come as no surprise that "privacy" on Facebook is a joke. For about a year now, I've been using online mediums on and off for dating. In this last week, I started noticing people I've spoken to using applications such as Tinder or POF appearing in my Facebook feed.

Generally Facebeook suggests people nearby, with at least 1 mutual friend. This last week suddenly half of the people I've had a conversation with on a dating application started popping up as friend suggestions. There are no mutual friends to connect us, nor are they nearby (I live an hour away from a major city), I don't talk about my dating life on Facebook. There really shouldn't be any reason for them to be popping up, or visa versa. If we wanted to give up what anonymity we had, we would do it when we feel it is safe to do so. 

But Tinder REQUIRES you to connect with Facebook! Absolutely sure that part is understandable, however other applications such as  POF do not. POF Doesn't require you to disclose any information you do not want wish to share, even your first name! Since I've made that particular account, I've used an alias email to help prevent spam on my main email. To be clear, some of these individuals haven't even shared their first name, let alone their last.

Showing me gaming and electronic ads because I use Facebook chat  is one thing, trying to suggest friends from dating applications is insane and a huge compromise in security. Just something to consider should you decide to try any of these applications. If you want to be found by a stranger, that shouldn't be Facebooks decision.

Nah, when posting I'd just set my post to "Friends Only" so only friends can see it. Still I prefer Twitter over Facebook.... Yeah sometimes I have privacy issue in Facebook, I rarely online there. I've had enough....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

whats facebook?

Umm, I guess an explicit site..... Sorry.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

whats facebook?

seriously. i got off that years ago.

dude. OP. just get off social media and like. IDK call your friends. text them?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I was on Facebook briefly. Wasn't it always like that and they've just changed the selection algorithm?

Don't want to hijack the thread but a question I have is that if someone looks at a lot of your videos on Youtube will it start offering you the other content they've browsed? 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Incoming 1000000 forum members saying 'I don't have account on FB lol'

We get it, say something useful or funny (not you OP)

There should be one post saying "Like if you don't have a Facebook account".

X0D

Edit: Like here if you don't have facebook.  

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Don't use Facebook.

Won't lose privacy.

I don't know why this hasn't been stopped yet. A lot of Facebook people are upset.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Incoming 1000000 forum members saying 'I don't have account on FB lol'

We get it, say something useful or funny (not you OP)

Don't use Facebook.

Won't lose privacy.

I don't know why this hasn't been stopped yet. A lot of Facebook people are upset.

:o

:o

What? My post was helpful, so yea! :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What?

You know, read my post :P

facebook is crap. i have to use it if i want something frmo school that i missed out on or something like that cuz everyone from my class uses shitty fb

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I really don't care, I have FB but I use it only to write in groups with my friends, the last picture of me is at least 5 years old, and I don't even have a profile image.

Anyway I don't see how that could be a security issue.

One thing I didn't like about facebook was the access it gave to people who didn't really seem to like me but just wanted to bully and harass me.  :0/

I really don't care, I have FB but I use it only to write in groups with my friends, the last picture of me is at least 5 years old, and I don't even have a profile image.

Anyway I don't see how that could be a security issue.

Well think of it this way, have you ever struck up a conversation with Simone waiting in line for coffee, getting groceries, whatever? Wouldn't that be unsettling with them knowing who exactly you are despite not disclosing that? Especially if this person turns out to be a creep.

Don't use Facebook.

Won't lose privacy.

The problem here is that it does not rely on you owning a FB account for them to track you. If you go to any site that has anything to do with FB at all, they already have tabs on who you are and what you do.

They have been using tools like tracking cookies for a very long time now, and they are surprisingly difficult to block and remove.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Well think of it this way, have you ever struck up a conversation with Simone waiting in line for coffee, getting groceries, whatever? Wouldn't that be unsettling with them knowing who exactly you are despite not disclosing that? Especially if this person turns out to be a creep.

It would be kinda awkward but it wouldn't really bother me, mostly because I would think that is someone who I met but I can't remember.

I see your point though, anyway I don't share anything public, everything I do is inside groups set to "secret", so I don't think it's possible that someone would recognize me from my FB account.

The problem here is that it does not rely on you owning a FB account for them to track you. If you go to any site that has anything to do with FB at all, they already have tabs on who you are and what you do.

They have been using tools like tracking cookies for a very long time now, and they are surprisingly difficult to block and remove.

Truth, they even track you if you don't have a profile (not exactly sure why, but they do).

I haven't used FB for about 2 yrs  :ph34r:

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP