LGBT community

carguy86
14 hours ago, techswede said:

I'm pretty much the opposite of you. I can write most things. But not romance..

Well.. Sort of. But only romantic comedies. Can't do the serious stuff :dry:

I'm a pretty decent writer myself, romance included, with a haiku or two thrown in. As of now, better or worse, writing is currently my primary outlet for being me.

One time, I slacked off on a research paper until literally the day it was due (that afternoon). The topic was something to do with advertisements and competitive purchasing. Using the time in between classes, I wrote a paper utilizing the free-to-play video game model as my subject and ended up with an A.

Unfortunately, whether it's natural laziness, or lack of motive, my tendency to put things off is still a thorn in my side.

Procrastination...

My eternal nemesis...

Curse these tech forums

^_^

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I'm a pretty decent writer myself, romance included, with a haiku or two thrown in. As of now, writing is currently my primary outlet for being me. However, one time, I slacked off on a research paper until literally the day it was due (that afternoon). The topic was something to do with advertisements and competitive buying. Using the time in between classes, I wrote a paper utilizing the free-to-play video game model as my subject and ended up with an A.

Unfortunately, whether it's natural laziness, or lack of motive, my tendency to put things off is still a thorn in my side.

Procrastination...

My eternal nemesis...

Curse these tech forums

^_^

10/10 can relate to thay lazyness.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

5 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I'm a pretty decent writer myself, romance included, with a haiku or two thrown in. As of now, better or worse, writing is currently my primary outlet for being me.

One time, I slacked off on a research paper until literally the day it was due (that afternoon). The topic was something to do with advertisements and competitive purchasing. Using the time in between classes, I wrote a paper utilizing the free-to-play video game model as my subject and ended up with an A.

Procrastination...

My eternal nemesis...

Curse these tech forums

^_^

I tend to procrastinate as well.. (Which is why i'm here and not writing)

And then there is the times when i get time off to just write.. And i get writers block >:(

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

In other news. Online dating is still the worst.

Would be nice to get to know a persons hobbies and likes/dislikes before seeing a picture of their wang...

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I love talking to my friend about being gay. He gets particularly annoyed when I say being gay is abnormal. Well, when being straight is vast majority of people's sexuality and being gay/lesbian is such a small percentage, that's being abnormal. 

He takes it like I'm saying being gay is unnatural. 

Some people. :dry:

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

5 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I love talking to my friend about being gay. He gets particularly annoyed when I say being gay is abnormal. Well, when being straight is vast majority of people's sexuality and being gay/lesbian is such a small percentage, that's being abnormal. 

He takes it like I'm saying being gay is unnatural. 

Some people. :dry:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3201071/Half-young-Brits-say-not-exclusively-heterosexual-quarter-UK-adults-saying-gay-bisexual.html

Think twice. We're the Gayest generation.

2B7064E000000578-0-image-a-85_1439822699

2B705FD400000578-0-image-a-81_1439822330

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

... People keep assuming that i'm a bottom on the dating site..

I don't have anything against being a bottom.. But the prep is time consuming.. And i'm lazy..

14 minutes ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

That's not a very large group of people to ask, I'd hardly call us the gayest generation when the graph has been taken from such a small group when it comes down to the grand population of the UK. 

Even so, within the rest of the UK, being gay is still not the norm, and thus it's abnormal. 

EDIT: Where was the data collected? Manchester, north west? Newcastle, the north east? London, south east? Bristol, south west? 

EDIT 2: All GB adults? I can tell you for certain that I never got a question close to this, or even have been given a survey about this. To me, it seems fishy. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

9 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

That's not a very large group of people to ask, I'd hardly call us the gayest generation when the graph has been taken from such a small group when it comes down to the grand population of the UK. 

Even so, within the rest of the UK, being gay is still not the norm, and thus it's abnormal. 

EDIT: Where was the data collected? Manchester, north west? Newcastle, the north east? London, south east? Bristol, south west? 

EDIT 2: All GB adults? I can tell you for certain that I never got a question close to this, or even have been given a survey about this. To me, it seems fishy. 

Probably from a controlled sample from all over the country, and then scaled to 64M people, it's YouGov so I think it can be trusted, give or take.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, Citadelen said:

Probably from a controlled sample from all over the country, and then scaled to 64M people, it's YouGov so I think it can be trusted, give or take.

It probably can be trusted, yes, but not giving an amount of people is irritating. 

Either way, I'd still stand on the side that being gay is still abnormal. At least world wide. 

2 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

It probably can be trusted, yes, but not giving an amount of people is irritating. 

Either way, I'd still stand on the side that being gay is still abnormal. At least world wide. 

Giving the people tested is irrelevant, because the percentage would be roughly the same, it was probably several thousand.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Back in 1994, as a grad student, I was set to receive a reward for service to the department; installing, maintaining and supporting their token ring network and communications between the PC and Mac environment.  About two weeks prior, when leaving a gay bar on a Friday night, I only cursory noticed the yelling argument between the group of resident transvestites and a small crowd of people across the street; someone was taking photographs.

Apparently it was a local church group protesting the presence of the bar, taking photos and publishing them in their internal directory asking if people within the photos could be identified.  Apparently the Dean of the department was amongst the congregation and correctly identified me.

The day of the awards, I was asked up, to which in front of about two hundred faculty, staff and other grad students across the full college, he placed a copy of the image onto the overhead projector, asked if it was me; then asked if I was gay.  When I replied 'yes,' he terminated my job on the spot.  I found out about two days later I had also lost my positions supporting other departments as I had been terminated "with cause" from a university position.

This is how I came out.

Ian  

6 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Giving the people tested is irrelevant, because the percentage would be roughly the same, it was probably several thousand.

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant, though that's a fair point.  

Though, it doesn't match up very well to those that I have asked. Granted that's a tiny amount of people compared to this. :P

2 minutes ago, OldFart said:

Back in 1994, as a grad student, I was set to receive a reward for service to the department; installing, maintaining and supporting their token ring network and communications between the PC and Mac environment.  About two weeks prior, when leaving a gay bar on a Friday night, I only cursory noticed the yelling argument between the group of resident transvestites and a small crowd of people across the street; someone was taking photographs.

Apparently it was a local church group protesting the presence of the bar, taking photos and publishing them in their internal directory asking if people within the photos could be identified.  Apparently the Dean of the department was amongst the congregation and correctly identified me.

The day of the awards, I was asked up, to which in front of about two hundred faculty, staff and other grad students across the full college, he placed a copy of the image onto the overhead projector, asked if it was me; then asked if I was gay.  When I replied 'yes,' he terminated my job on the spot.  I found out about two days later I had also lost my positions supporting other departments as I had been terminated "with cause" from a university position.

This is how I came out.

Ian  

They were legally allowed to do that? 

1 minute ago, OldFart said:

This is how I came out.

Ian  

Wow.. That is messed up..

Just now, SeriouslyMikey said:

They were legally allowed to do that? 

In the US state involved, they still are.

Just now, OldFart said:

In the US state involved, they still are.

That's utterly ridiculous. Truly sorry that happened to you. :(

Just now, SeriouslyMikey said:

That's utterly ridiculous. Truly sorry that happened to you. :(

It was a good learning experience -- since then, never in any employment have I allowed myself to be closeted.  I am exactly who I am, and if a coworker has issues, tough.

The second half of the story is this...

So someone in the body call my mom and lets her know.  She then proceeds to fly out for a visit to see how I am doing and in a conversation on a street corner after dinner pointedly asks me if I am gay.  When I repeat 'yes,' her honest reply was "oh, it runs in my family!" and proceeded to discuss a brother of hers, cousins, uncles and an aunt -- and correctly guessed three of my cousins on her side.  She figured that it came down via the female line; that daughters who had children through her mother's mother had high likelihoods.

Parents have been great with it; family as well.  Several friends who rejected back in college have since made amends, but the experience is still a possibility even today for some.

1 minute ago, OldFart said:

It was a good learning experience -- since then, never in any employment have I allowed myself to be closeted.  I am exactly who I am, and if a coworker has issues, tough.

So someone in the body call my mom and lets her know.  She then proceeds to fly out for a visit to see how I am doing and in a conversation on a street corner after dinner pointedly asks me if I am gay.  When I repeat 'yes,' her honest reply was "oh, it runs in my family!" and proceeded to discuss a brother of hers, cousins, uncles and an aunt -- and correctly guessed three of my cousins on her side.  She figured that it came down via the female line; that daughters who had children through her mother's mother had high likelihoods.

Parents have been great with it; family as well.  Several friends who rejected back in college have since made amends, but the experience is still a possibility even today for some.

Nice to hear that your family was supportive during that time.

And i love your attitude regarding employment :) 

2 minutes ago, OldFart said:

At least the story has a somewhat happy ending, though minus a job. 

On February 6, 2016 at 1:40 PM, erty176 said:

Rapper but not in the typical rapper sense.

You want good rap, check out YT Cracker and Spamtec xD nerd rap since 2000 

14 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

3A0nDKn.jpg

The world would be very amusing if they were scared, the lgbt world would be tyrants lol

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Ugh. Roommate is driving me up the wall. Currently holed up in my room just so I don't have to see his big dumb face. Anyone else having troubles with their roommate?

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

On 2/3/2016 at 10:35 PM, elderago said:

the question i have for other gay guyd is this do you also find woman attractive but not interested in sleeping with them ? Because thats how i feel

still sorting feelings out

I'm not a guy, but I'm pretty much the same way but opposite. I find guys attractive, but spending romantic time with them(flirting, snu snu, all the stuff) just doesn't feel as good as when I'm with women. Since I'm still into guys(they have to be the right type :P) I guess that makes me bi, but since I'm mostly into women I consider myself a bisexual lesbian(lol). 

omg yaaaas. Got home and saw this in my subscriptions and freaked out. I love Ollie so much :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNb4FBawH_U

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.