You know, humans are pretty mad because we drive cars

Go to solution Solved by Camul,

I'm all in favour of removing the driver as part of being in a car. Also, don't worry about dying OP. Just worry about living poorly, because that's far, far worse.

I mean, if you think about it....

How is it any world okay to drive 2 ton metal vehicles and even have such a thing as a highway where people are driving fast. :P

All for the sake of fast transportation but I don't think people realize how dangerous it is, one mistake from you other some other driver and you're dead or handicapped or close to death or wounded.

I understand it's necessary, but still a dangerous thing to do. It's not like bikes where if you fall you just have a small wound or run into one another, literally, you will be injured lightly

I mean, my father when he was alive always drove safely and the man never had an accident, ever, in 35 years. Respect.

But every day people have accidents and die. I mean.... ehhh, that could just as easily be you.

People care more about getting to work fast where they can earn more money for their bosses than they care about their own safety.

Oh the world we live in.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Living in general is dangerous, who wants to live a safe life?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I mean, if you think about it....

How is it any world okay to drive 2 ton metal vehicles and even have such a thing as a highway where people are driving fast. :P

All for the sake of fast transportation but I don't think people realize how dangerous it is, one mistake from you other some other driver and you're dead or handicapped or close to death or wounded.

I understand it's necessary, but still a dangerous thing to do. It's not like bikes where if you fall you just have a small wound or run into one another, literally, you will be injured lightly

Well it depends on the car and speed.

wow, cars surprise you, hey planes must blow your face off then

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

People care more about getting to work fast where they can earn more money for their bosses than they care about their own safety.

Oh the world we live in.

I mean, I would much rather, MUCH rather, take a train.

Living in general is dangerous, who wants to live a safe life?

Yes, but driving 2 ton metal vehicles super fast? Makes no sense to me.

Well a plane is more safe than a car, more accidents occur in car☼ than planes...

Shutup grumpy.

Planes are meh.... 

I always thought the same thing, driving is so spooky. That's why I prefer to ride my bike around or walk. I know that with my luck I'll get hit by a UFO or something if I drive.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

driving in general is a bad thing for me at least . wish we had good public transportation around here 

I always thought the same thing, driving is so spooky. That's why I prefer to ride my bike around or walk. I know that with my luck I'll get hit by a UFO or something if I drive.

Right? I mean, I will get my driver's license in due time but it is still such a dangerous thing to do.

I mean, I would much rather, MUCH rather, take a train.

Trains are safer, but there's NO way we can fit enough trains on the railroads to transport EVERY human to their destination.

Also, some people don't like:

Sitting in a public vehicle

Waiting for the train to arrive

Paying for tickets (though a car costs more in every way)

Having to walk part of the way to their destination because there isn't a train station around every corner

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Trains are safer, but there's NO way we can fit enough trains on the railroads to transport EVERY human to their destination.

Also, some people don't like:

Sitting in a public vehicle

Waiting for the train to arrive

Paying for tickets (though a car costs more in every way)

Having to walk part of the way to their destination because there isn't a train station around every corner

Yep, but the perks are:

- Do things like be on your smartphone/tablet or read a newspaper while waiting in the train

- Sit comfortably, don't have to focus on driving or anything of the sort

- Can eat without issue because you don't drive

etc.

Also no taxes for your car.

Car crashes can be dangerous? Oh man, who knew? :P

The sheer convenience outweighs the minimal chance of getting in a high-speed collision, IMO

Yep, but the perks are:

- Do things like be on your smartphone/tablet or read a newspaper while waiting in the train

etc.

Yep. I 100% agree with you.

Other people don't.

I don't think you can call someone grumpy when you are complaining about highways.

No, he said it in a sarcastic way, look at his post.

Also I am not grumpy, just amazed that humans find driving cars normal.

Car crashes can be dangerous? Oh man, who knew? :P

The sheer convenience outweighs the minimal chance of getting in a high-speed collision, IMO

I don't deny that it is convenient....very much so, you can go to your destination directly and such and at your own leisure.

But still the chance is pretty high.

Luckily you can also survive a car accident more easily, because a plane accident is deadly 99,9% of the time. But yet....

I know people my age (23) that have been involved in more accidents than my Dad (one accident; clipped by another vehicle) who has driven for nearly 40 years. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I know people my age (23) that have been involved in more accidents than my Dad (one accident; clipped by another vehicle) who has driven for nearly 40 years. 

Yep, older dads are pro's it seems :P

Yep, but the perks are:

etc.

You've clearly never taken a train in the UK at rush hour, you'd be very luck to sit at all, comfortably is out of the question.

There are risks attached to everything, many of them involve being at the mercy of other peoples mistakes. Driving in the rush hour also rarely invovles driving quickly anyway.

Imo cars are a fucking waste of ressources... People driving around alone in a 6000 lbs SUV are iterally just using fuel to move a bunch of metal around.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You've clearly never taken a train in the UK at rush hour, you'd be very luck to sit at all, comfortably is out of the question.

There are risks attached to everything, many of them involve being at the mercy of other peoples mistakes. Driving in the rush hour also rarely invovles driving quickly anyway.

Hey I can't always sit here either, but when I do it IS comfortable :)

Also I sometimes sit on the stairs too (if it is one of those 2 story-trains)

https://aliceverheij.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/intercity-interieur.jpg <<<<Those are our older model trains. or well, the interior is revamped now with most trains.

I'm all in favour of removing the driver as part of being in a car. Also, don't worry about dying OP. Just worry about living poorly, because that's far, far worse.