Ex AMD CEO Rory Read Joins Dell As COO, Imminent Partnership Inbound ?

EmmaLong

Rory Read, AMD’s ex CEO who has been replaced by Lisa Su last year will be joining Dell as COO and president of global commercial sales.

Read.jpg

Rory Read held many executive positions at IBM before he stepped up to lead Lenovo in a difficult time for the company. Read’s efforts launched Lenovo from the position of a marginal player in the industry to the strong leadership position the company holds firmly today.

He then joined AMD for three years and restructured the company.

Read’s new position at Dell could be the beginning of a new alliance with AMD. He led AMD's commercial efforts and quadrupled their revenue in that field in two years. His new position at Dell might be telling of what's to come.

Source article

This is interesting. I don't know what to make of it.

Sig under construction.

now things are really heating up

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

now things are really heating up

Ba dum tss!

(Eh, eh, AMD...heating up...you get it?....no?..ok)

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

So is Alienware going to be less shitty or no?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Partnership? Maybe. Dell is private. They really don't need to rely on anyone anymore, which is good since their products have gone up in quality since they went private. 

or hes going to get revenge for being replaced by never working with amd

Partnership? Maybe. Dell is private. They really don't need to rely on anyone anymore, which is good since their products have gone up in quality since they went private. 

It would be cool though to see what this might do on gaming fronts, I was never really impressed with Dell's offerings with the XPS or Alienware, maybe this could mean more diversity outside of Dell's casual and commercial focused marketing.

So is Alienware going to be less shitty or no?

I wouldn't say shitty, rather overpriced. 

They offer "NVIDIA® GeForce® 745 with 4GB GDDR5" in their desktops.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

This.

It'll probably mean that Alienware/Dell PC's only use AMD stuff in them.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

lol are you freaking kidding kidding me?

No, it's on their website.

This.

It'll probably mean that Alienware/Dell PC's only use AMD stuff in them.

No it won't. This doesn't mean anything.

Tesla has hired people who have worked for Apple, does that mean Tesla is going to partner with Apple on something? No. If Apple and Tesla partner on something, it will have nothing to do with previous employment of Tesla employees.

No it won't. This doesn't mean anything.

Tesla has hired people who have worked for Apple, does that mean Tesla is going to partner with Apple on something? No. If Apple and Tesla partner on something, it will have nothing to do with previous employment of Tesla employees.

How do you know?

It could possibly end up being the case. Last time I checked, Alienware/Dell and AMD weren't Apple and Telsa. They very well may go the route of only using AMD.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

How do you know?

It could possibly end up being the case. Last time I checked, Alienware/Dell and AMD weren't Apple and Telsa. They very well may go the route of only using AMD.

I really don't see why not.

Since people who know nothing of PC(the ones they target) won't care for IPC anyway.

And AMD has those 5Ghz.

I dunno, does my ex-girlfriend finding a new boyfriend mean that him and I are going to become best buddies?

Executives don't have company loyalties.  They only care about doing the best job they can with the company they are at.  If it makes more sense for Dell to adopt AMD products, they'll do it.  But chances are nothing will change because Dell already has established partnerships and since they're in the business of selling computers, they're going to use brands that are more recognizable.  Both Nvidia and Intel have much more market share than AMD does.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

How do you know?

Sigh.

Like I said, it's the same thing as assuming something would come out of Tesla hiring Apple employees.

Obviously Dell and AMD isn't Apple and Tesla, that's not the point.

Sigh.

Like I said, it's the same thing as assuming something would come out of Tesla hiring Apple employees.

Obviously Dell and AMD isn't Apple and Tesla, that's not the point.

Yea. Companies poach and hire other companies top honchos all the time. Why? 

Cause they were ex honchos. Good at what they did. They can offer something new, possibly. 

sigh....

and what is this based on other than pathetically weak speculation?

just because someone leaves company A to work for company B, doesn't mean he has an ultimatum......

maybe it's because....GASP.....he left one job and then.....WAIT FOR IT....got a new one!!! /mindblownaksljdflahsdofhakodajfoavmowqaheoafj

this shouldn't even be in the news section

Meh. That's on their $700 X-51 small form factor "desktop".

On their Area-51 desktop they offer R9 270, GTX 980, Dual GTX 970, Dual Titan Z. You can also configure triple GTX 980 etc. So yeah, just because they offer a shitty low end card doesn't mean that's all they offer.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Meh. That's on their $700 X-51 small form factor "desktop".

On their Area-51 desktop they offer R9 270, GTX 980, Dual GTX 970, Dual Titan Z. You can also configure triple GTX 980 etc. So yeah, just because they offer a shitty low end card doesn't mean that's all they offer.

Yep. That's true. Now tell me, how much does that thing cost?

- snip-

So Dell will be manufacturing more under performing laptops that can't actually be used as laptops because of heat? Nice.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yep. That's true. Now tell me, how much does that thing cost?

I never said it wasn't over priced. Everyone knows it is.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit