1995 Mustang Build Log

Guest Philosophy
Go to solution Solved by Real_PhillBert,

With a supercharger and a performance chip, I should be able to get at least 400HP out of the 5.0. 

Yeah with a bit of boost you will get 400 without much trouble. Mine is still N/A but I would really like to swap in a Coyote 5.0L and add a Kenne Bell with E-85 but other things always seem to take financial priority.

Updated photos with plasti dipped rims. Done for this week. More to come next week. 

How do you think the plastidip will hold up on the wheels considering they get abused by rocks and dirt?

Also, no bueno:

post-1744-0-66427700-1426815410_thumb.jp

post-1744-0-49393700-1426815421_thumb.jp

How do you think the plastidip will hold up on the wheels considering they get abused by rocks and dirt?

Also, no bueno:

"Also, no bueno:" Whos car? and plasti dip should hold up pretty well. I know lots of people who have done it. I have three coats of plati dip then a sealer on em'

"Also, no bueno:" Whos car? and plasti dip should hold up pretty well. I know lots of people who have done it. I have three coats of plati dip then a sealer on em'

Ours, it started rusting a while ago but was veeeeeery minor. Finally got it in to a shop to repaint the car and they did a shit job of masking it to paint, and then didn't even sand down the roof or anything. They painted it over from the get go without cleaning.

Ours, it started rusting a while ago but was veeeeeery minor. Finally got it in to a shop to repaint the car and they did a shit job of masking it to paint, and then didn't even sand down the roof or anything. They painted it over from the get go without cleaning.

Wow, I am sorry. They should re-do it or pay you for bad service. 

Wow, I am sorry. They should re-do it or pay you for bad service. 

Owner won't do shit, courts cost more money than what it's worth. The guy is an asshole to begin with. They had a few cars out front and they're all in piss poor condition. Glad we didn't let them do anything to the engine.. don't need it to get ruined beyond repair. Also wouldn't trust them with it again especially if it's forcing them to redo work because then they're guaranteed to destroy the car.

I still need to find a place that sells the door cups in the correct color. It seems there's only tan, charcoal, and a strange graphite color but no grey. :(

Week One A: 

The previous owner had chrome lined the entire car which was very tacky (quite literally) so I had to remove it from all the doors and skirts. Here is an after picture of the doors. I had to use glue thinner to get it off, then I washed and waxed it to clean and protect. 

IyfbaCS.jpg

lmFhzc4.jpg

Week One B:

I plasti dipped, the rims (Hub caps). I will add pictures of them on my car tomorrow as I am letting the third coat dry overnight. 

ySzU0ps.jpg

UdjRLCG.jpg

Week One C: 

I have now started (and finished) the headlight restoration it went perfect and the Turtle Headlight Restore Kit, works perfect! Pictures Below. I also added some headlights I picked up after dinner brighter and easier for other drivers too see. Can't show em' though :P

Before:

DLuIyxA.jpg

After: 

TB5cYu0.jpg

Week One D: 

I have now cleaned dried and waxed my entire car. Man does that laser red look amazing! And because it is metallic in certain lights it looks even better than others!

RtgCIhd.jpg

yP7g37k.jpg

doEIrg4.jpg

Ji2LULL.jpg

Week One E: 

I am now finished plasti dipping the wheels, they turned out great. It will work for now for certain. 

w6MuMdd.jpg

EuesMaZ.jpg

ZGnBbAl.jpg

You should try to get some of the Ford Racing wheels (if they'll fit and stuff), because they look hawt on everything. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You should try to get some of the Ford Racing wheels (if they'll fit and stuff), because they look hawt on everything. ;)

R's are gorgeous though.

These are clean.

svt_cobra_r_ci3_l.jpg

R's are gorgeous though.

@tmcclelland455 Cobra R's are the best looking wheels I have ever seen :o

A black powder coat on them would look awesome.

Sad update, cannot find door cups at CJ, AM, or Summit. I am sad. Might have to order direct from Ford and they're expensive.

R's are gorgeous though.

These are clean.

I want to say we have ones like the billets (but with the emblem in the middle swapped out for the Ford Racing emblem) on our '08 CVPI.

m1007j178_7454.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sad update, cannot find door cups at CJ, AM, or Summit. I am sad. Might have to order direct from Ford and they're expensive.

Well, damn. I am sorry. 

I want to say we have ones like the billets (but with the emblem in the middle swapped out for the Ford Racing emblem) on our '08 CVPI.

Those are nice, but way too common.

Well, damn. I am sorry. 

I can't even find them on Ford! Dx

I can't even find them on Ford! Dx

Wow, really?

Wow, really?

Yeah. Unless I'm completely blind and looking in the wrong place..

I could repair the cups but that's not something I can trial and error on to fix the cracks in the bottom of them. Repainting would be easy enough once I got the right color but it's mending the plastic that's hard.

Steelies > hubcaps. -_-

Eventually, when I started getting paid at my new income level. 

Eventually, when I started getting paid at my new income level. 

Eventually is a word I have become to despise.

~~~

Nah, gotta go with something like this Philosophy

cOsmNEM.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Eventually is a word I have become to despise.

I start getting paid $40/Hour next Sunday and I start working 3 days a week for 10 hours. So it is a big step up for me. 

I start getting paid $40/Hour next Sunday and I start working 3 days a week for 10 hours. So it is a big step up for me. 

I wish I had a job that paid that much. :P

Somehow this thread missed my attention. I should hang in off-topic more...

Nah, Philosophy just sucks at tagging people. ;)

I wish I had a job that paid that much. :P

Get a degree, work in law enforcement for almost 2 years, get laid off and become a partner in a bowling center and BOOM. :P

Get a degree, work in law enforcement for almost 2 years, get laid off and become a partner in a bowling center and BOOM. :P

I can't even get a job in Mc Donalds.. :P

I can't even get a job in Mc Donalds.. :P

Not old enough? Cause if over 18 I would assume you could unless the job market is just super saturated.