Microsoft wants to put Windows 10 on your Android phone

ahhming

True, but it's not a true full File Explorer that allows you access to the root directory plus every section of the storage space. While the one provided by Microsoft is good enough for 99% of cases, it's not comparable to what you find on Android.

Look at that screenshot, it says root : \

zdEy1Bv.png

I get what you mean though... But still, you're such a downer  :)  

Look at that screenshot, it says root : \

zdEy1Bv.png

I get what you mean though... But still, you're such a downer   :)

Well shit... when I was searching for a file Manager when I got my Nokia 830, I couldn't find any good ones... Checking out now! ... Okay so it's $1.99 to purchase. I'll have to pick this up when I buy my next batch of Apps.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There's quite a few file explorer apps including Microsoft's own File app. 

That is certainly something new. Last time I tried WP there wasn't any file explorer apps, and then I heard that 1 developed had been given Microsoft's blessing to make one, but it was terrible compared to the ones Android had.

The one I am using for Android is ES File Explorer and it's excellent. File explorer was just one of my main missing apps when I tried WP though. Basically every single app I used on my Android had an inferior or non-existing counterpart on WP.

That is certainly something new. Last time I tried WP there wasn't any file explorer apps, and then I heard that 1 developed had been given Microsoft's blessing to make one, but it was terrible compared to the ones Android had.

The one I am using for Android is ES File Explorer and it's excellent. File explorer was just one of my main missing apps when I tried WP though. Basically every single app I used on my Android had an inferior or non-existing counterpart on WP.

I also use ES File Explorer on my (ancient) Android Tablet. I always did like it. TONS of features.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Cool I guess.

Don't think it'd take off since I doubt many customers are happy to try flashing a custom rom which'll probably void their warranty on the device.

I don't know how it is in other parts of the world but in EU you can do whatever you want with the software and you won't void warranty. Even if you brick it.

I have just got a WP8.1,  so far the only downside to it is I can't assign an mp3 to the SMS alert tone.   Hardly a major flaw.  I think people will have at least a few issues with any phone OS they use.  maybe some more particular uses will experience a few more specific flaws, but for the general population once you learn the system it mostly comes down to personal preference.

I will be interested to see how this runs, if at all, on older hardware.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

is it full windows or windows rt

Neither. It's Windows 10. (full)

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Neither. It's Windows 10. (full)

so full windows with all the app support?

so full windows with all the app support?

sort of, cuz windows 10 isnt finished yet

you'll be able to find the information I think you're looking for here

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

I base it on my experience with the Windows 7 and 8 phones that I've had.

I just honestly couldn't understand why they did most of pretty much anything in the OS. It's not intuitive, Multitasking sucked and overall it was just very very slow to get your way around.

Wow, sorry but despite your "experience" you cannot possibly be more wrong. 

In my two years of owning a windows 8 phone (recently moved to an HTC One M8) I was surprised at how fluid and intuitive the Windows Phone 8 os was. It is the smoothest, most lag-free user interface i've EVER come across.

Don't just bash a product with your nonsense simply because YOU don't like it.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

I don't know how it is in other parts of the world but in EU you can do whatever you want with the software and you won't void warranty. Even if you brick it.

Oh yeah forgot about that. Don't know if it applies to me in the UK though.

Wow, sorry but despite your "experience" you cannot possibly be more wrong. 

In my two years of owning a windows 8 phone (recently moved to an HTC One M8) I was surprised at how fluid and intuitive the Windows Phone 8 os was. It is the smoothest, most lag-free user interface i've EVER come across.

Don't just bash a product with your nonsense simply because YOU don't like it.

What's the difference between bashing a product that you had a crap experience with and praising a product because you had a good one? Apart from the end feedback on the product they are essentially the same principal.

Don't get butthurt because you don't like another persons opinion about something you like.

They want to make sure they remain in a dominating position on the desktop market. If linux becomes mainstream they're screwed.

Linux is never going to become mainstream because the average user is too stupid to use it. And then if you make Linux so windows-like that it's a carbon copy, what's the point? Windows 10 will be free anyway.

i really want this..have been looking for devices such as smartphones having Windows OS!

is this desktop OS, though? running desktop apps?

^sorry, just saw this post here

sort of, cuz windows 10 isnt finished yet

you'll be able to find the information I think you're looking for here

Yes!!! please bring this to the G3!!! Really want to try windows phone and if i don't have to get a new phone for it that would be great!

Linux is never going to become mainstream because the average user is too stupid to use it. And then if you make Linux so windows-like that it's a carbon copy, what's the point? Windows 10 will be free anyway.

Oh geez dude, you need to get with it. Linux rules EVERYTHING besides desktop PCs. It runs on servers, TVs, phones (android), and many other devices. Also, Linux is getting easier and easier to use as time goes on. Even now, an average user (my mom for example) could use Linux as a daily driver because all she does on her laptop is email, basic microsoft office (she could use LibreOffice or Google Drive), and web browsing. Linux is becoming more user friendly because more people are starting to use it and more people are developing for it.

is it full windows or windows rt

Windows Phone 10

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Bring it to my nexus 5.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If I can dual boot then sure :)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Well that would certainly fix one of the billion issues Windows Phone has, hardware.

WP has always been quite far behind in that regard but hopefully this will fix it. Now they just need to loosen up some of the restrictions so people can make decent apps (like a fucking file explorer), and then we need people to actually make good apps. That is, assuming they fix all the things wrong with WP. The first WP was terrible but they have slowly fixed some of the issues.

There is a file explorer in windows phone. Plus windows 10 on phones has a file explorer universal app. Right now there is an app called files by MS. I agree, they have slowly fixed issued and slowly added features. It's better then it was in wp7 and 8 now with 8.1 but 10 seems like it will fix all if not most of my complaints and most peoples (though of course there can still be more things but the OS looks really nice).

smackclerk, on 18 Mar 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

If it isn't complete crap like Windows Phone 7 or 8 then that will be pretty cool.

Who told you it was crap?

because you certainly probably have not used it lol. The UI for WP8.1 is awesome, the only thing it lacks is app support. And it's more of Google's fault lol

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

True, but it's not a true full File Explorer that allows you access to the root directory plus every section of the storage space. While the one provided by Microsoft is good enough for 99% of cases, it's not comparable to what you find on Android.

Very true. In windows 10 for phones there is a universal app that is a file explorer that looks very nice and promising. Check it out if you haven't.

The real thing here is that I want a phone that can multiboot from different ROMS, whether Android or Windows.

This is one step closer... A Lumia phone that can run Android? That would be fucking awesome

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I hope it gets ported to the One M8 so I can try it.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.