Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

That I bought both an optical drive and one of those OC panel things from ASUS, both of which I've never used.

Same here mate, I was going to get one then I saw a nice shiny GeForce GTX 660 and thought screw it :)

At the time i saw this....http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C18QHHE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=419CPRZ90JL7&coliid=I37SJLNKRV3JYC and wanted it so i re-did my rig so i could add it. This is the reason why i have a 660ti and a low end water cooling kit but i don't mind as the parts work extremely well for me.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

At the time i saw this....http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C18QHHE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=419CPRZ90JL7&coliid=I37SJLNKRV3JYC and wanted it so i re-did my rig so i could add it. This is the reason why i have a 660ti and a low end water cooling kit but i don't mind as the parts work extremely well for me.

Never heard of the brand (Sekonda all the way :P ) but that is a sweet looking watch

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

The pump in my current build. It is held in place with so much sticky tape and a strip of velcro.

91feZ.jpg

First Build (Kinda)CPU: i7 3770k MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256gb HDD: Seagate 2TB PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 900D

wow! this thread exploded while I was gone, lol

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Cable management, SSD mounted with double sided tape, and a fan mounted with plastic strips.

Cable management, and the fact that I am still using VGA.... Don't worry! I'll be changing that this summer :D

It's in a box ready to be sold on ebay cus I'm getting a laptop D:

It's existence. This is the CPU I get to work with: AMD Opteron 1212. This is sort of what the PC looks like:

mCqzdqdW4QNXkf1ZCoMuLKw.jpg

Can't wait to build modern PC... Damn dinosaur, you're not even lovable like Yoshi is.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

It's existence. This is the CPU I get to work with: AMD Opteron 1212. This is sort of what the PC looks like:

mCqzdqdW4QNXkf1ZCoMuLKw.jpg

Can't wait to build modern PC... Damn dinosaur, you're not even lovable like Yoshi is.

^^^^ THIS!

I stuffed some unused connector in the drive cage area. Seasonic G Modular cables if you know what I mean.

There is a rat in my pc what do I do?

burn it out with insane overclocking!

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I just couldn't route my 8-pin CPU power cable around the back of the motherboard, the deadening foam in the R4 and my massive cooler just got in the way, so it's just ugly routed across the front of the board.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I use a lian-li PC60, which was one of their first cases.  It's great, except the retention knobs to hold on the front cover are totally worn out, the front cover falls off at the slightest touch.... I use electric tape across the top seam to hold it in.  To me that is embarassing.... My unicomp USB true buckling spring keyboard recently failed as well, so I am using an old IBM non buckling spring ps/2 keyboard for now.  I really miss my buckling spring keyboard, not having one is aggrivating and to me a little embarassing.

The worst by far is having cricket 3G wifi hotspot for my primary internet. it's horribly slow and unreliable.  No youtube videos for me, not even at 144p... and downloaing files takes forever, usually at 20KB/s.  The connection also fails a whole lot because my cricket phone is a blackberry curve 8350 that never worked right, I have to turn off and on the wifi every few hours to get the net back, and even within that it hiccups and burps the connection a lot... so I get a whole lot of broken files downloading.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

...... its store bought.... a desktop....

some of those can be good, if you upgrade certain parts, and they are not proprietary.

It's not proprietary, is it? if so, eeek!

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

If i play games on my laptop and my A/C is off, my laptop crashes :'(

I guess if I were to say embarrassing thing is well more than one thing...

Dell keyboard

Generic Gaming Mouse

Althon X2 64 Dual Core CPU

Radeon 6770 HD Graphics Card

Foxconn A7DA-S motherboard

Old Style BIOS

... Guess that sums it up... LOL

I like the Sentey Case i have, and I own a Tt Element G case as well but that Tt Case is empty at the moment.

New stuff coming after I move in July...

i have a IDE optical drive, but then again, i use a optical drive every few months anyways xD

How can you even plug that in with new motherboards as they no longer have IDE connections

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

How can you even plug that in with new motherboards as they no longer have IDE connections

You get adapters for it haha but they limit the speed incredibly

I have a 750D but completely forgot I have a non modular PSU so it looks horrible

You get adapters for it haha but they limit the speed incredibly

of course its IDE

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ